It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "Kanye Is A Jack(arse)"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
On Huffington Post, the following goodie addressing Kanye and MTV awards:

During a CNBC interview on Monday, President Obama called hip-hop artist Kanye West a "jackass" over his behavior at the MTV Video Music Awards. Obama's colorful remark was actually made in an off-the-record portion of the interview that was tweeted -- and then deleted -- by ABC News reporter Terry Moran. "Pres. Obama just called Kanye West a 'jackass' for his outburst at VMAs when Taylor Swift won. Now THAT'S presidential," Moran wrote. Politico's Michael Calderone has ABC's statement apologizing for Moran's journalistic www.huffingtonpost.com...

Personally, I'm waiting for the Right to jump in and defend Kanye at this point...I mean, if it was Obama, it was wrong, right?

self edit to get the title straight

[edit on 14-9-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Oh dear god ... it's finally happened ...

Obama is quoting meez: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Look for a spike in his approval ratings.
(probably downwards)

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Too bloody right.

If people are going to get anal and accuse him of being 'non-presidential' because he called him a Jack-ass, christ almight. get a life.

About time we had a western leader that could speak in no stupid terms.

If Obama had of acted all 'presidential' and used his cue-cards and speach writers to criticse Kayne it would of sounded pompus.

Good on ya Obama,

That toss'a is in deed a JACKASS!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The president is right, he was and is a jackass.

Its too bad that truth comes from the President who has allies who have called Americans racists for opposing his agendas.

The truth is that Kanye is both a jackass and a racist.

The President would never dare call him what he really is.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I myself like to see/hear about a president acting like a normal person. I may not like some or most of his policies but I wonder if I would like him as a regular joe. Do you think he would come to my house for a beer with my husband and I?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Perfect

Topic

for

BTS

and Big O is right!

OUCH... Mod busted me for a one liner...
Point Taken.

I guess I better add another.

What this rapper Kayne did was really disrespectful. I don't listen to that kind of music, nor do I watch awards shows. From the few articles I caught on the subject, and how he was getting dissed on twitter etc., I offer President Barak Obama a distinctively audible golf clap.
This has absolutely nothing to do with anything he or his administration are doing, and I personally condone the statements of our commander in Chief. I think that poor kid was only 17.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by lernmore]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I for once have to agree with BO. Kanye West acted like a complete Jackass. I think he's gettin' too big for his britches.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I predict a teachable moment at the White House. He will invite K. West and T. Swift over for cookies and an apology.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
They should duke it out.

Hmm....a racist cry baby and a, uh....who are we talking about again?

Celebrity Deathmatch.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TeeJay

Kanye West has ALWAYS been too big for his britches:
“Come on now! How could you be me and want to be someone else?”

"I realize that my place and position in history is that I will go down as the voice of this generation"

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Oh dear god ... it's finally happened ...
Obama is quoting meez: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I thought you'd been sounding pretty presidential of late...can we expect to see you on the next ticket?

But really...you can't call him down on this one, and it is a study in diversity to see folks try and get some bipartisan traction on the issue.

But, you know...go nuts, eh?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Is there any way to turn off your avatar?

Every time I see it I get a strong craving for a hamburger and a milkshake.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Could it have been payback for this...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Who cares!!

Good for Obama. Freedom of speech. Having the president call you a jackass might be a bit over the top, but lets not bring Hollywood into Washington, it is bad enough.

One step for the breaking down of the PC system!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It was off-the-record and he was right. So what? He didn't call a press conference to announce his opinion, and Kanye was/is being a jackass. Good for Obama.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
ooo called Kanye a jackass

Now if only Obama can pull the troops and military contractors out of Iraq as well as Afghanistan, stop illegal wiretaps and revoke the Patriot Act, stop renditions and close Guantanamo, stop approving banker bailouts and put the Federal Reserves feet to the fire. Then maybe I could support him.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
ooo called Kanye a jackass

Now if only Obama can pull the troops and military contractors out of Iraq as well as Afghanistan, stop illegal wiretaps and revoke the Patriot Act, stop renditions and close Guantanamo, stop approving banker bailouts and put the Federal Reserves feet to the fire. Then maybe I could support him.

The defence rests...some folks just gotta lighten up...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Out of 300 million Americans, really, is this the best we can do? Bush for 8 years, now Obama for at least 3 more?

You know what we need? Another Monika Lewinsky!! At least Clinton was interesting. Everyone heard about his sex-life.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Why anyone likes to listen to Kanye's music is beyond me. Those squatter rhyming music is dumbing down kids around the world.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join