It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God isn't a religion!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
EB, you are still much generalising,
to find truth try to generalise (judge) further until you
see everything as unique (release judgement, forgive) in a bigger wheel.

God is everything that is, or he can't exsist.
But you are not active part of that god until you gave god (all) total freedom,
so no, humans, are not allowed to kill they are encouraged to become one, to love.
God is free of guilt becauce he is alone.
He allows himself to be hurted for reasons. And he only allows what is fucntional.

anyway, told you that allready,
good luck with your search !

[edit on 16-9-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Not everyone will "find their way." I didn't "find my way" until I had something very traumatic happen to me two years ago. It take major inner searching and tribulation before you can see what faith is.

Its not in a book. God is far more complex than what a book would ever allow.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggamemnon
i am so tired of ignorant bigoted comments about Islam...

Its the truth hate it or not. Have you not seen what the Islam extreme-mist are doing. O let me guess they don't kill Innocent people. They don't let there kids kill them selves. And they don't let their women die for there cause. Dam I must be getting this from a dream. O don't forget they don't follow a man that marries a 9 year girl that was a Christian. Long before Islam existed Christianity was. And that man was exposed to Christianity before he came to his beliefs.

Originally posted by Aggamemnonanyway name one religion that says kill??? hmmmmm how bout Christianity for starters????

Don't start me quoting the Quran man their book incite war and anybody who takes time to study the book knows that.

Originally posted by Aggamemnon
BIBLE QUOTE
Deuteronomy 21:18-21 (King James Version)

18If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

sounds pretty much like killing there in my opinion

Wow question for you is that was Christianity believes. IF your smart you know that Christianity's beliefs comes from new laws and new ways. THE NEW TESTAMENT. And I would like to point out that the first five book s of the bible are in the Quran which has this very same scripture in it. So not only do you excuse Christianity which doesn't follow the old testament. You excuse Islam that actually hold these laws in place.

Again I don't believe religion on its own incites war. Its the people who incite war. Who's the killer the gun or the person holding the gun. Who is respondable for the death penalty on a man, the person who pulls the trigger or the people who voted for the death penalty, or the judge who in-acted the law!!

[edit on 16-9-2009 by slymattb]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
You also said God thinks it's okay to kill "sometimes?" In the "right situation?" Really.....then that opens it up for interpretation by all kinds of lunatice fringes that say they are killing for God. I don't think the commandment reads "Though shalt not kill, unless it is necessary."

I actually understand what you saying the law says don't kill. I thought one time I read in the bible that it says that its better to kill one who will kill many. Personal I believe even if its not in the bible it should be.

One way or another I think both of You JIT and EB should both quit condemning each other. Its not either of your too judgment that matters. Just because you think one is not saved does not mean your will is greater than God's.

BIBLE QUOTE
Matthew 7 v1-6
Judging Others
1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

6"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

To be even tho you might believe fully what I believe in Christ does not mean either of you too are not saved. We all believe in God and Christ. and that Christ died for our sins. And I'm a betting man that you both pray and have a personal relationship with God. That is all that matters. God bless

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
god was/is an alien.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

One way or another I think both of You JIT and EB should both quit condemning each other. Its not either of your too judgment that matters. Just because you think one is not saved does not mean your will is greater than God's.

1. JIT and I are not condemning eachother...we are having a discussion. Big difference friend.

2. I'm not judging

3. I don't believe in the concept of of "saved" and "not saved." We all go to the same place...period. There isn't a special afterlife set aside for Chrtistians....please.

4. There is no will greater than God's.

My faith comes from God. My faith is God. God is in me. God has spoken to me. I am sensitive to the presence of God in my my life.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If God speaks to you then I would then you know that there is a after life. And to have life after death I would think you would know that their is a way to get there. Don't think for a minute that Life after death is given to even those at are evil hearted.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pasttheclouds

"Give God total freedom?" How does that make sense to you. That is an awfully arrogant statement. You think you or I can give God freedom? We have power over God?

THAT...is messed up!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

reply to post by pasttheclouds

"Give God total freedom?" How does that make sense to you. That is an awfully arrogant statement. You think you or I can give God freedom? We have power over God?

THAT...is messed up!

I believe what he's trying to say is to allow God to take over your life (directly) as much as your capable of doing so.

Unfortunately, I cannot give practical examples of how that can be achieved. I can only say that it's possible because I have witnessed the power of surrendering ones life to the Lord.

Now, Im a "do it yourself" kind of person so thats not me. Not yet at least.

I can see that your taking the practical approach to things. Which I believe it's good. But he major reason your getting responses like you have right now is all due to mis-understanding.

Your making a point that God is not about joining a Christian Club or anything similar to that matter. That is something I too believe.

But the concept of religion has been associated with God and society has taught people to think as so. So I don't believe it would be easy to illustrate the point your trying to get across.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Don't think for a minute that Life after death is given to even those at are evil hearted.

An evil heart is a human heart. We are human on earth...not in the afterlife. We don't have hearts in the afterlife. We don't take our hearts with us. An "evil" heart is no different than a damaged brain. There are no brains in the afterlife either...we just are....no more need for human form.

So problems with the human body and all the parts of it don't disqualify ANY soul from the afterlife.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Give God all freedom = Give life freedom

what is arrogant ? God is one, absolute truth is one, the same thing,
because at that level truth is free as one.

you're a human, it means within human limits.
IF god his cross would never stop he woudln't be God.
And GOd is all, so the cross is his share by choice.

What i say is, how more you try to focus on
giving freedom to life, and on caring for others, explaining them,
and forgiving them... not as a perfect deed, but as a growing thing,
how more god in logic will set you free.
Before you can set things free, you become angry first, because
that is the process of caring.

The way you react is how the people you condemn react,
try to understand relatives.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

We don't have hearts in the afterlife.

Prove it. The bible teaches that 144 thousand will go to a new heaven and the others will go to a new earth. We all will have knew bodies holy ones. So you have no clue weather we have heart in after life or not. And more to point you missed the message of the statement.

Originally posted by Excitable_BoySo problems with the human body and all the parts of it don't disqualify ANY soul from the afterlife.

Now I agree with you, but when I said evil heart I meant evil in soul and you know it. When the person in they're soul is evil they wont enter heaven.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The bible teaches that 144 thousand will go to a new heaven and the others will go to a new earth.

This concept is nonsense. Christian superiority nonsense. Remeber: Jesus was a Jew, if he existed at all. He didn't want a new religion. Power hungry men started that religion to control the sheep.

when I said evil heart I meant evil in soul and you know it. When the person in they're soul is evil they wont enter heaven.

That's your opinion and that's fine. My belief is that there is no such thing as an evil soul. The two words don't go together. There are only evil humans that are the result of damaged minds.

All souls are equal. All souls were created by God. God doesn't make junk. Humans bring junk with them. Souls leave the junk behind.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join