It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is just an Illusion.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

Does the brain actually have anything at all to do with this ? Isnt it just an organ say like the kidney? An organ of the body of which in the end we are not, so does it really play all that a big part?

Einsteins brain is stored in a lab but its not him is it, it is not the essense of Albert Einstein one bit is it.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

If you get down deep enough it is as meaningful to say that the little puffy cloud overhead has something to do with the manifestation of creation as it is to say that our neurology does. The brain and the cloud are both concepts, and neither can therefore touch reality. You cannot discover reality with the very thing that blocks its appearance. The mind or the brain or the personality (call it what you will) are obstructions--as concepts.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Silenceisall]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I wonder if life seems an illusion to someone afflicted with a mental handicap.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Debsturrs
oh my goodness
i said those exact words last night to my mother. and though almost the same things.
who are you, and do we share the same brain?

Couldn't agree more
I've woke up few times now into this astonishing feeling that nothing is real and that my thoughts are totally naked in the 'universe'. It a bit scary feeling. since those wake ups (and after thinkin a lot of things in my past) I have started to show green light for this.

Originally posted by Redeemer
reply to post by sgrrsh26

I didn't give you permission to manifest me. I think you may owe me an apology as well as some other people.

Basically if I'm thinking that I have created all of this in my mind and I see another person to think so also, couldn't it be a simple sign that we are the same?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by JacobNH

Read this book, i think you will enjoy it.

Peace.

Wonderful book - read it long ago and it spoke what I felt inside but had not words to describe.

He left this world way too soon!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Basically if I'm thinking that I have created all of this in my mind and I see another person to think so also, couldn't it be a simple sign that we are the same?

not possible , as you saying fire will create fire even if fire is in space which is impossible

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

Such an amazing website, i stumbled across this post while doing a google search on a similar question for my own personal spiritual development & growing. I went through the replies on your post from other members and found them very insightful and most welcoming and supportive.

You've really nailed the subject here Jay, I myself do not understand the whole concept of illusions and the life as we currently live, the world we reside in... simply crazy (in the most positive way).

To be able to share this illusion with those of like minds/heart is simply wordless.
thanks for the post see you around *just signed up and wanted to make my 1st post here*

11:11

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join