It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Worst Still Yet to Come..."

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
I think it s amazing how one poster can bring up an idea like "panic sex," and because it is a woman, all the guys on this site keep referring to it...even in other posts.

OK, I apologize. I meant it as a nod to Plucky who's invocation of the term I have always found amusing. You're right. It was out of place. Chalk up another epic fail for me.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

No worries bud. I mean look at her avatar! It is a hot pic of Megan Fox!!!

www.foxnews.com...

So I see where it comes from

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Not totally sure about you guys in the US, but we in the UK are certainly on a slippery slope... we look like we are coming out of recession (hahaha) and need to up some taxes and save some cash in services...

Figures currently being thrown around by the politco's are finding £20bn in savings in the NHS, another £2bn in savings in our education system.. dropping the trident replacement, perhaps dropping one of the super carriers we are building, or both. lose a couple of hundred Mps and quangos.. oh and not forgetting the need to up taxes...

Whatever way you look at it (some bits are good like dumping the PC quangos) but when 0 jobs are being created how can an economy afford to lose more jobs and not suffer the consequences as a consumer driven society (even if they are fake government jobs)

I guess the only bit we have in our favour is the amount of times the UK(Britain) has been bankrupted over the centuries, so at least we have the experience of doing what we normally do and we simply revet to type.

Raise the jolly roger high ;-) and steal anything not nailed down :-)

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Thanks for that fresh pile of doom I just stepped in Plucky!

Wonder if people will smell the doom all day today wherever I go?

P.S. I thought you were a dude!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I agree with almost everything those two gentlemen have said.

But I don't believe a time line can be placed on the collapse of the $ (and other currencies accordingly).

There are a thousand and one things that can force a collapse, speed it up, bring it closer...
And I think one of the aspects all of these people are missing is the response of global powers with a vested interest in seeing the collapse.

There is a myriad of "behind the scenes" espionage, dealing, agreements and so on that none of us see (including economists). If it is in Russia's interest to see the $ collapse (and that includes their long-term military and economic strategies) there are ways and means to exacerbate the failure.

On the civil unrest scenario, we are already seeing it.

Many of us were discussing this last year, and we saw it coming. We've seen the mass homelessness in certain parts of the US. We've seen the protests increasing (look at the Healthcare protests, that became more about economics, corporate greed and distrust in government than about healthcare).
Now we're seeing the grass-roots movement by the people; boycotts of big business, increase in self-sufficiency, murmurings of dissent and organised opposition to leadership...

The social consciousness is waking up to reality. People are becoming tiresome, they've heard their leaders saying one thing and doing another, promising change and bringing nothing different, sinking the people further into hardship without adequate explanation or oversight...

And this will continue.
It will increase in a fragmented way with each group in society fighting their own corner, until something happens in each nation to consolidate the masses. I don't know if that will be an organic shift into a more generalised protest, or something enacted by government to try to control the people and in turn forcing them to combine.

Two things are certain,
1. The collapse of the $ is inevitable. Doesn't matter how or when, it will happen. It was always going to happen with the system as it is.
I like to compare it to a high-speed sports car. It was built to be beautiful and complicated. But the people behind the wheel are always thirsty for more power, they always want to get more out of it until they're going so fast they don't know how to control it. There comes a point where the controls fail, the road becomes too complicated and the bends too tight. Eventually, the car will crash.

2. Social unrest will increase. People have allowed things to reach this point because it didn't directly affect them. They still had their credit cards (something I said six months ago was another thing to watch for). People are addicted to consumerism, and an addict crashes when they can't get their fix. As unemployment increases, tax increases, prices increase, people who have been doing okay so far will all start to actually feel it.
We will see a return to riots in London reminiscent of Maggie's Poll Tax.
We will all see the brands of globalisation and corporate power being openly attacked.
We will see boycotts and protests by employees and public alike across the planet.

But, most of us know all of this, we see it happening now and it is slowly increasing. Most of us have the intelligence to know if we are in a location where such things will affect us. Most of us know if our job is secure.

It'll certainly be interesting to watch, and not that scary or dangerous unless you jump into the fray.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
To everyone: I am a girl, how many men do you know that are named "plucky"?

Now, to topic at hand. This guy says October, like everyone else, give it a listen if you can get past the accent.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Plucky,
Do you think the Space Brothers will save us?

I hardly ever get involved in negative speculation but I am really feeling this one. I think that this Autumn's events will be mainly positive and mark the beginning of the end of the NWO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join