It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Obama Picture No Worse than Bush Pictures (warning:graphic)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by badmedia

It isn't racist, it is accurate. It would take a witch doctor to get his plan to work, and be deficit neutral.

I'm just calling it like I see it. I'm not an Obama fan and I'm not in favor of his healthcare plan, or anything like that. This is actually the very first image I have seen that I would consider racist - although I'm not someone who goes around looking for such things. I didn't think the Joker ordeal was racist etc.

But this one is implying more than what you are saying. Now if you want to blame that on the people themselves saying it's just their perception, then fine.

Take an old cartoon. I see things in them today that I never seen as a kid when I watched them. Adult humor type things. It's never seen that way as a kid, but it is by the adult and the difference is of course the perception of the individual. So yes, I do recognize this and understand it. I can see it as both ways.

But at the same time, is it not a ploy on that perception in the least?

It just strikes me as being racist. Now, I think the bigger question is why would someone choose that in the first place. I think it should have been obvious that it would be seen by people as racial, just as it should have been obvious to the ones making the cartoons that adults will get a joke the kids don't. Of all the possible images - why that? Is it racism, or is it a picture designed to make people think it is racism? And either way, is it not actually taking attention away from the real issues and turning things towards race?

Ever seen the movie Charlie Wilson's war? Gus makes that movie, but anyway there is a scene in the movie where the guy from Texas is upset because the ACLU won't allow them to put a nativity set at the firehouse. Charlie tells him - there are any number of churches right by that firehouse where you could put that scene, and nobody gets hurt. I think that applies here - there are any number of images that could have been true and good - but why this one?

You could put Obama in any of those GWB pictures, and not only would I say they aren't racist, I would somewhat say they were loosely based on truth or atleast funny - especially like the vampire GWB.

[edit on 9/15/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
People have ALWAYS made fun of the current President... but now that he's considered "black" EVERYTHING said or done is labelled racism....

It's not by the color of his skin, but the reactions to his actions and if think otherwise, get over yourself... YOU are the one who's the racist.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join