It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Obama Picture No Worse than Bush Pictures (warning:graphic)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Just saw on CNN that they are REALLY playing the race card. They are claiming members of the 9/12 protests were focusing on the RACE of the president. They showed a picture of Obama as a witch doctor and went on the street asking black people what they thought of that.

Here's the picture:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f42cb1d0aaec.jpg[/atsimg]

If you ask me, it's social commentary. Much the same as these commentaries on Bush.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8af41eae74ea.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e9f5e1d1231c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/083893d02418.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c6025158d1ba.jpg[/atsimg]

So, what is the difference, and why are they playing race up so extreme? Are they really trying to start something? Is it just to dismiss the 'tea baggers' as they are calling them?

Seems to me like someone can 'dish it out' but they can't 'take it.'

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I think its a funny pic. I'm black and it doesnt bother me. The race card sucks. People made all kinda pics of bush, so whats so bad about making one about Obama.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Two reasons...

1) Obama is the savior of the world and the Messiah of change.

2) He is black

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Perhaps this might come across as racist because rather than go for something slightly wittier they're focusing on a really basic use of imagery?

It might've been more "intelligent" to portray Obama as a Dr Crippen or Herbert West rather than as someone from a less "developed" nation.*

* Please note the way I portrayed "developed".

Political satire is important, but that also implies a need to be smart with it.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I loved the south park episode where the state flag was 4 white stick figures hanging 1 black stick figure. Chef goes nuts throughout the whole episode, starts dressing african and think all the "crakcers" in south park are racist and out to get him. The kids arguing that the flag should not be changed are viewed as bigots by chef, and he finally blows up at the end telling them how racist the flag is. He finds out that all the kids saw was 4 men hanging 1 man, not 4 WHITE men hanging one BLACK dude.

Racism is quite hilarious, as we are all 99.9% the same genetically. If we were all the same color rest assured not only would the population be more boring, but we would find other ways to hate each other for simple crap. It's all a lot simpler than people would like to think. You either love or hate. You take action based on love or fear. The MSM and TPTB have known this, and it works to their advantage.

My friends and I have been fortunate to be born after the 60's and 70's. Racism is a running joke between us, and black and white dudes and girls that I kick it with get a kick out of some of these arguments involving race.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The race card is so easy to play. It stops debate in its tracks.

The corporate MSM (left and right) latch onto it to stir up pointless debate and rhetoric so that viewers are distracted from the point of the protests.

You've got to step back and look at the entire political system to realise that Left and Right are convenient tools to distract us.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by VirginiaGreen

lol I do the same with my black and white friends, we al rag on eachother about race. Its all jokes.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think it is in poor taste, both the Obama and Bush photos (with the exception of the Presidency for Dummies), but I think it is a protected form of Free Speech.

Now, if they had taken a photo of Obama as one of the following, it would have been in better taste:

Dr. Moreau from The Island of Dr. Moreau
Dr. Strangelove from Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
Dr. Nick Riviera from The Simpsons
Dr. Bunsen Honeydew from The Muppet Show
Major Franklin Delano Marion "Frank" Burns from M*A*S*H
Dr. John A. Zoidberg from Futurama

Although each of those references would require some kind of Pop Culture background to understand.

And that's what cheap political satire comes down to...stereotypes, including racism, to convey it's message.

It's not quite over-the-top racism, but it is subtle racial stereo-typing.

Still, it's protected under First Amendment Rights.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer

lol I do the same with my black and white friends, we al rag on eachother about race. Its all jokes.

exactly man. It's when you buy into the "game" that you have become the fool. I can't imagine taking a man's worth or word based on race. People have been spouting off recently about "reverse racism" which is something I find to be stupid. Racism is racism, the only reverse to racism is acceptance and love. My dark skinned brothers and sisters agree when I tell them that I would rather be frowned upon because of my skin color than labeled a white supremacist or someone that would judge a man because of his skin tone. It's pretty damn insulting when someone says that you can't hold an opinion on the subject "because you're family probably owned slaves" and because I have no idea what it is like to be on the other side. I find it pretty hypocritical to try and separate yourself because of your ancestors' suffering but at the same time want equality. Just relax people, race only means something if you let it.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Great post. These are pretty much my exact thoughts on this.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yes, instead of reporting on the ACORN criminals which Obama is a champion, they play the race card.

Obama is a very small president of a very small minority in this country. He is a one term experiment. Oh, and btw that picture is funny as hell and fits this jacka$$ of a president perfectly.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

This just goes into what I've known all along.

Liberals have NO sense of humour.

None.
Zilch.
Zip.
Nada.

*****message for all liberals*****lighten up skippy*****it's called satire*****humour*****learn to laugh at yourselves*****

Funny pics.

Really, the left is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too serious.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by northof8

He sure as hell isnt my president. lol. Obama sucks.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It's funny but , there's really no point in it. This won't help anyone in any way.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by KSPigpen

This just goes into what I've known all along.

Liberals have NO sense of humour.

None.
Zilch.
Zip.
Nada.

*****message for all liberals*****lighten up skippy*****it's called satire*****humour*****learn to laugh at yourselves*****

Funny pics.

Really, the left is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too serious.

haha I'm going have to agree. I live right in the middle of liberal land, the bay area in california. And liberals act all peaceful and stuff, but if you say something they dont like they get literally VIOLENT! lol.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Just another politician unfortunately. He did a good job at making people think he was going to go JFK and try to flip the system on its head....sad part is even if he wanted he WOULD have been another JFK most likely (I.E. murdered). Unfortunately good people rarely make it to the top of the hill, and those that do end up shedding all their values to be able to get there.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Yup. And sadly many of my own people (black people) especially poor and dumb uneducated ones, thought he was gonna be some savior or some crap. He really is no different than any other politician. I saw right through him from the beginning, although he was a good speaker, but hes a better deceiver.

Also tons of people just voted him cause they figured "oh well atleast hes not another bush"... but in reality hes really the same! He just APPEARS to have a different agenda and hes a better public speaker.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

The Bay area? We'll get you out. Don't worry about us finding you. We'll just look for the person who bathes and has a job.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

omg hahahahahaha. Was that a reference to all the lazy hippies that live here? hahaha

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Oh my god! Get a life.. Sticks and stones and all that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join