It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN wants another $6 million despite scandals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

An ACORN affiliate has just submitted applications for over $6 million in government funding, despite the controversial videos of the organization’s workers aiding a child prostitution “promoter.”

From this article: ACORN wants another $6 million despite scandals

A third video implicating the ACORN workers was released today. Meanwhile, the ACORN Institute, one of many ACORN affiliates, has applied for over $6 million in grant money for broadband projects. ACORN and its various affiliates have received at least $53 million in federal funds since 1994.

I can't believe thses people have the audacity to ask for more money in the midst of so many scandals. I am so furious that MY MONEY WILL GO TO THESE CROOKS!

Here is the Application

-E-

[edit on 14-9-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
*sigh* From the smallest ACORN does a mighty joke grow.

I've tried to scan history for a previous group which has been more corrupt and flagrant about their corruption on a national level (outside the corrupt government themselves), and I can't seem to find any. As I have said before, you judge a man by the company he keeps and, right now, ACORN and everyone who has ever openly associated themselves with ACORN is looking pretty damn bad.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
A spoiled child with overly protective parents... Same form, but on a much larger scale.

Isn't that what BIG Government is trying to turn us in to?

Welfare... Taxes... Welfare... Health Care Reform... etc...

Politicians want us to be dependant on them and be blind to whatever they are doing.

It's not just this country... It's the whole world, sadly enough.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Lets see..ACORN was just exposed, not once, not twice but THREE times on TAPE, giving advice to a person poseing as a hooker and a pimp, on how to buy a home where they can house asian girls under the age of 13, in a money for sex scheme..
Now they still ask for fed. dollars..Would you be surprised to know that ACORN is supported by our Teachers Union, who also just gave them a Million dollars..yes our Teachers Union..all for the sake of kids..
We all need to stand up and be counted and turn in anyone and everyone that is this corrupt, including our own so called Goverment officials..

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
ACORN already got 5.2 billion from the Obama administration's stimulus bill...

www.newsmax.com...

That wasn't enough?

Maybe ACORN should consider illicit drug sales, prostitution and other methods of raising the 6 million?

They can do it tax free, and know how to beat the system.

Or, if all else fails they can call their guy in the White House!

I'm sure a new emergency funding executive order can be made if needed.

new topics

top topics

join