It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strange Death of Lancelyn Green

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Lancelyn Green was a Sherlock Holmes/Conan Doyle expert who died under very strange circumstances. He was found surrounded by stuffed animals, and he died by garrot. His death is being considered suicide by the coroner and police. Has anyone ever heard of another suicide by self-garrotting? Before his death, he had become "paranoid" about an American who he believed was trying to ruin him.

Read the details in the link below, and see what you think. Was Lancelyn Green murdered, and, if he was, is there a coverup?

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
As a Sherlock Holmes afficionado I've heard of Green, but wasn't aware that he was dead. As far as I know, it is impossible for someone to garrotte themselves because they would pass out and automatically release their grip on the garrotte. Even using a stick or (in his case a spoon) wouldn't guarantee death.

Its a very strange case. Worthy, dare I say it, of Holmes himself,

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by Pisky]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Pisky,

I had the same thought about the garrot. I can't see how someone could do it. The coroner just seems so darned casual about it all. If I were this man's family, I'd be very unsatisfied with the inquiry.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Neither would I. The point is, as the quote goes - just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they aren't after you. I think we'll be hearing more of this case as time progresses.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Here's a bit more info. A pathologist at the inquest said the death was so unusual that he'd only seen one other like it in 32 years.

www.sherlock-holmes.co.uk...

And here's another in which the coroner expresses concern that the CID did not attend the case:

icwirral.icnetwork.co.uk...=14197282&method=full&siteid=80898&headline=mystery-of-sherlock-holmes-expert-s-death-n ame_page.html

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by glee]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I remember a politician in the late 80's I think, who accidentally hung himself in some strange sex game, but there's no evidence that Green did that.

"The second possibility is unusual behaviour - often some form of deviant sexual behaviour. There is nothing that actually points to this form of death

Actually, there looks to be very little evidence at all. Very strange. The coroner gave a suicide verdict but admitted that it was a very strange manner of death.

Plus - whose names did he mention , I wonder?

He gave his sister a list of three names and telephone numbers, saying: 'Please keep these numbers safe.'

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by Pisky]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Yes, indeed.

And who was the sinister "American" who was trying to "hunt him down in the Sherlock Holmes Society"?

top topics

join