It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Symbol and Capitol Building: Square and Compass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The new Dan Brown book Lost Symbol

www.keyofsolomon.org...

shows on The Lost Symbol UK cover version: The Square and Compass

The book will be published today.
Any idea of the Freemason symbol connection to the Capitol Building ?

[edit on 14-9-2009 by hawk123]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

I'm looking forward to read this novel.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Google "Key of Solomon" and watch the 5 min or so video. It should be the first video on the page. Also the website HiddenRecords.com will tickle your brain on the subject.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I pre-ordered over a month ago from Amazon. Just checked the UPS tracking number and its on the brown party truck to arrive tomorrow afternoon. I'll be "off the grid" for a while checking it out>

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoundTheory
Google "Key of Solomon" and watch the 5 min or so video. It should be the first video on the page. Also the website HiddenRecords.com will tickle your brain on the subject.

The first video describes the relation to the ORION constellation.
But I do not see the connection with Capitoll Hill and the Freemasonary sign.

The second video shows the connection to Dan Browns new book.
But that video still does not provide me the Lost Keys.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by hawk123]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

I just picked up my copy. I'll start reading it tonight and I should have it finished by the end of the week, but I'm not sure as Grand Lodge is this week.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Already got and reading........he is a brilliant writer, Silas is the "new tatoo man!! love Dan Brown!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I read on his website about bizarre facts that he also pubishes or quotes.
one of them is about a document that was locked up in a safe which is in the CIA directors office since 1991. some of the text contained in this documents is, "ancient doorway, "pyramid" and "unknown location underground".
maybe we should start a tread to look into this and see what type of information we can gather on what this document is all about...like our own little treasure hunt
what you guys think?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Among other minor details, Brown has made one glaring error by saying that Pierre L'Enfant was a Mason . How could he he miss Masons 101 with such a stupid mistake? If its literary license, it should b revoked. This can be checked with a cursory one minute net search !

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I think the Grand Lodges and many Masonic historians have taken an overly strict approach to saying thus-and-such a person wasn't a Freemason. Basically, in the absence of proof to the contrary, they assert that a person wasn't a member. However, when you consider the number of military lodges trooping around the colonies during the revolution and possibility of poor record-keeping by a voluntary body, you can't say for certain that someone wasn't a Mason. You can only say that we have no proof.

A good example is Jefferson. Most Masonic historians say he wasn't a Mason. He's never listed as a President who was a Mason. But if you read his writings with an eye and ear for Masonic phraseology, you will find yourself quickly wondering. Certainly, he was friends with many men who were enthusiastic and active Masons and, without a doubt, he exhibits many qualities that would have recommended him to the Fraternity. But, without proof, we deny him when we should simply say that we are unsure.

L'Enfant? I don't know. No one really does. I cut Brown slack on this, if little else. After all, most of the military officers who were close to Washington ended up in the Fraternity.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I picked up my copy yesterday and I am about half way through. The book is interesting so far but there are some glaring errors regarding Masonry, some which have already been mentioned. I should be finished with it today and can give a better review tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawk123

On September 18, 1793, George Washington, Past Master of Alexandria Lodge in Fredericksburg, VA and current President of the United States, laid the cornerstone of the Capitol Building in a Masonic ceremony.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

On September 18, 1793, George Washington, Past Master of Alexandria Lodge in Fredericksburg, VA and current President of the United States, laid the cornerstone of the Capitol Building in a Masonic ceremony.

That picture you linked has George with a little head. It reminds me of the alien dude from MIB2 who kept getting his head blown off. When it grew back, it was small like that. Completely off topic, but it made me smile so I thought I would share.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The book has 528 pages. This is the famous Solfeggio code.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hebrew spelling for BaPhOMeT = Beth Pe Vau Mem Tau
Beth = 2
Pe = 80
Vau = 6
Mem = 40
Tau = 400
===========
Total = 528 = BaPhOMeT = Solfeggio code

[edit on 16-9-2009 by hawk123]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

The book has 528 pages.

Mine has 509. How are you counting this?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Any of yall read the whole book yet? How is it? I'm sure its full of typical dan brown made up stories and sensationalism that people are going to read and take as fact. How does it show masons? In a good light, in a bad light? But still hes a ok writer, for a modern writer atleast (I don't like much books published after about 1975, it seems like music and all other forms of art everything has all turned to crap).

I'm going to drive to borders after work and buy a copy. Hopefully they have one.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
Any of yall read the whole book yet? How is it?

I finished it last night. My overall opinion was it was a decent book but I was expecting a bit more considering his previous works. The premise was interesting but I thought the 'shock' value would be higher.

I'm sure its full of typical dan brown made up stories and sensationalism that people are going to read and take as fact.

I think he has taken some poetic license with Masonic ritual and structure but other then that there is not much I detected that was fabricated.

How does it show masons? In a good light, in a bad light?

In a very upstanding manner, without revealing the plot line we are shown in a rather good light.

Hopefully they have one.

The one by me still had mountains of them.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
The one by me still had mountains of them.

Gotta leave some threads hanging to tie the next book to this one. Always leave 'em hungry.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Laying the cornerstone of Capitol Building was on September 18, 1793.
Does it have some astological meaning?

new topics

top topics

join