It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism Story Developing in NYC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

So there has been no actual confirmation that it was terror related. That's kinda interesting, at least to me. Maybe people are a bit on edge due to 9/11? Guess we'll find out.

Also, when I clicked on your link, only a Dunkin' Donuts ad came up at first. I thought the link was going to be a joke or something.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
reply to post by SpaDe_

Hmm, I think it odd that they would tell us at all, let alone tell us they are addressing congress . Who gave that okay, I wonder?

Oh I'm sure such press releases with "terrorism" all over them are bound to come in handy round budget time.

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Also, when I clicked on your link, only a Dunkin' Donuts ad came up at first. I thought the link was going to be a joke or something.

DD and terror alerts ...symbolism overload!

[edit on 14 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I may be mistaken, but at this point i should think that they would actually have to blow something up in order to create a false flag situation.

At this point, flying jets and telling us they have somehow managed to save us from the brink of destruction yet again, doesn't quite have the impact it used to.

That being said, i certainly don't want anything to blow up.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

thanks for spelling it out so clearly. way to make the little ones climb up and hide behind my spleen.

sadly, I was thinking the same thing. why on earth would they want to address congress, unless the arrests were not the kind that would put a stop to the act that was planned.

link   
I was thinking that this could be a technique to flush out someone they're looking for but can't find.
Perhaps they've gotten wind of something but can't put a pin on it, so they cook up this scenario and utilize the press to get it out there.

Perhaps they are looking for a reaction from someone, or for someone to pick up and leave, because they think the heat is on.

link   

Originally posted by jam321

One of the men who lives in the apartment, who says he was not a target of the search, says he's a self-employed antique dealer.

"They looking for some powder, some different things for making bombs and different things," resident Assad Niazi said.

In fact, the federal search warrant spelled out all manner of possible bomb-making components, including powders, gels, TNT, and fuses.

"I don't know [the other residents]," Niazi said. "They are roommates - they go to work in the morning, and at night they come back."

He says the place was thoroughly searched, and a kitchen radiator was even dismantled. The resident says papers were removed from the apartment, but he says the other residents were questioned and released.

wcbstv.com...

Just found this.

Your CBS linked story says they were Pakistani. That figures right in with a theory I've pondered recently.

I hear people like AJ rant about Obama and war as if he claimed he'd end all wars instantly. What he has always said was that we "be a careful getting out of Iraq as we were careless getting in." He also said during the election that the Afghan war and possibly terrorism in Pakistan would need to be "confronted" head on.

To me, that means I should expect a faked Paki-I'm-a-Taliban-leader attack to rile us up. I'm wondering if it could be Pakistan next before Iran.

Just a thought. Of course, no Afghan or Iraqi ever attacked us in the first place but that didn't stop us from invading them. True story.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

something just smells fishy about this story....

anymore information on this besides those few lines in the OP's news source?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
All I can find on the topic is that they raided some houses looking for terrorist-related evidence. I didn't see anything about fighter jets, scrambling, or anything else.

Somebody find something more concrete?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If you guys look at page 1 I posted a news source saying they were looking for bomb material. The source came from a guy whose apartment or residence was raided.

As far as Congress, is anyone aware of any order Obama MIGHT have issued demanding that Congress be kept inform of any terrorist events?

Just asking. The Congress thing has me puzzled.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If the FBI is going to address Congress I wonder if it will be public record, or will they keep it under wraps?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is also this thread about a strike in Somalia. Don't know if they are related, but maybe some info was recovered from that strike that initiated the search in NYC?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
For what it is worth... just a bit more info. The address to Congress has everyone baffled.

Law enforcement agents raided residences in New York City on Monday as part of a terrorism investigation, and began briefing Congress about the probe.

New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne confirmed that searches were conducted in the borough of Queens by agents of a joint terrorism task force. He would not discuss the matter further. Separately, federal authorities started briefing a series of senior lawmakers in Congress about the case.

Two U.S. intelligence officials, who requested anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case publicly, said the target of any purported attack - or who would carry it out - remained unclear.

Authorities have not found any weapons ready for use - such as a bomb - that would indicate an attack was imminent, they said. Nevertheless, one of the officials called the threat very real and emphasized the urgency of the threat.

Another person briefed on the matter, who was not authorized to discuss the case and requested anonymity, said the raids were the result of previous law enforcement surveillance of individuals. The investigation is continuing.

www.cjbk.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Well, it's days like today I really enjoy living in NY

It's all over the internet now...... no great details though. Seems like a big deal......

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The FBI needs to address Queen Pelosi before congress, then and only then and with her approval should the FBI be allowed to address the rest of the congress and/or public.

Fear the liquid bombers, and the Nazi domestic terrorists otherwise known as AstroTurf, or in some cases "protesters"

Run to the hills, run for your lives, God save the Queen!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

thread about a strike in Somalia. Don't know if they are related, but maybe

Wouldn't be a far stretch.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It will probably be something very mundane and hyped up for no reason.Not saying thats a bad thing.Just a feeling i get.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Seems theres something fishy happening everywhere today. This, that guy with the so called bomb, the truck in Toronto & now a plane just flew over my house like a WHOOOOOSH sound. BTW Im in Liverpool England so that was kinda weird.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

or in some cases "protesters"

That's not funny! My picture made the paper from the Tea Party protests in Tallahassee this weekend!! I wore a "Vote or get Sodomized" shirt that was a friend of mine's idea, and it made the paper with my picture!

Plus, my Masonic Lodge is the home of the Tea Party meetings, we organized the event, and just about everybody on stage or speaking was a friend of mine!!

So, if FBI gets new powers, guess who they will be rounding up in Tallahassee first!!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If they are addressing congress after 4PM then they are recalling congress for the breifing. I can think of a couple of reasons to tell us they are talking to Congress.

Normal reasons
1) If people hear about it with out hearing it first from the FBI then they may panic.
2) So the congress people know why they are being recalled.

Conspiracy reasons
1) Create panic to better bring in a false flag.
2) To make people concerned and more likely to bug out, making those least likely to follow along blindly easier to identify.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join