It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism Story Developing in NYC

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hey, whatever... I was rained out of work today and I've got a six-pack of Budweiser.
What better way to watch the world smolder into what will become an out-of-control fire any day now!

Glug-Glug.

Help me, Lord.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Whatever the case may be, I was shocked that I didn't get a return call even at this point... 4 days later.

Things are bubbling out there. About to turn into a boil.

ATS is doing a good job!

Ya, I was not really expecting a return call with everything that is going on! These guys are probably doing a lot of travelling and long shifts, and if and when they get a break, they are calling their wives, not their old buddies!

The pot is definitely gurgling, and if someone shakes it a little, I expect it to boil right over and ignite!!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
reply to post by JJay55

The president's job is to make sure we are secure, he has agencies that help him do this.

The president's job is to do exactly what the Washington elite, special interests and major lobbyists tell him to do, everything else is just filler to give the false impression that he is in charge.

Sure the FBI are bumbling but it's hard to find good help these days.

Piss poor excuse and observation, in my opinion.

The FBI is a corrupt organization which needs a legitimate public image in the face of brewing behind the scenes turmoil and scandal which in time they will no longer be able to contain or hide.

They are trying to build their legitimate public facade and cant even get that right.

These are the very last people we should want dealing with ANY matter of vital national security.

In time you will know why.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Not sure what this implies, but, thought I'd add it...

Sounding scarier all the time...

More resources to New York in connection with terror probe
cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com...

Posted: 02:10 PM ET

NEW YORK (CNN) — Additional resources are being brought into New York in connection with an ongoing terror plot investigation that triggered raids earlier this week, sources close to the investigation told CNN.

[edit on 9/16/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

NEW YORK (CNN) — Additional resources are being brought into New York in connection with an ongoing terror plot investigation that triggered raids earlier this week, sources close to the investigation told CNN.

That is pretty vague! I wonder if they mean men, money, intel, or military? I wonder if this is in addition to the reported "hundreds" of agents on the ground in Denver? What the h*ll is going on, that is requiring such a mass amount of manpower, and why are they reporting every little move?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Might want to look through the links on this article...

Report: NYC terror plot was/is on scale of 9/11
hotair.com...

posted at 7:05 pm on September 15, 2009 by Allahpundit

Not sure what that means — were the Madrid bombings, for instance, “on the scale of 9/11″? — but an awful lot of people in the know are scrambling. Combine this with that ominous Journal piece from last night and it sure sounds like someone’s worried about WMD, probably of the chemical variety given the FBI warnings to cops about foul odors and large window fans.

Hundreds of FBI agents are on the ground in Colorado, conducting round-the-clock surveillance on five suspects - including a man who recently visited Queens, sources told The News…

“The FBI is seriously spooked about these guys planning another 9/11,” a former senior counterterrorism official told the News. “This is not some … FBI informant-driven case. This is the real thing.”…

The 24-7 counterterror operation included Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrants used to intercept calls and e-mails, as well as overseas-linked wiretaps to eavesdrop on Arabic and Pashto-speaking targets.

Sources said the investigation’s targets are Afghans - an unusual development. Al Qaeda prefers Arabs and Pakistanis as there [sic] overseas operatives.

[edit on 9/16/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gerbilmaster

Wow repeat much? I hope the admins here handle your spamming accordingly.

As far as the situation unfolding, I think that there is something going on for them to put so many people on the ground to deal with this. Not sure what kind of information that they uncovered in the last 24hrs, but judging by their actions I would have to say that it's significant. Just my .02

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gerbilmaster
Interestingly enough, (this was copied from wallstreetjournal.com):

Another round of battles over privacy rights and antiterrorism laws could erupt as several Patriot Act provisions are set to expire later this year. The Justice Department urged Congress to renew three provisions that expire Dec. 31, and opened the door to adding new privacy protections. The American Civil Liberties Union suggested lawmakers use the expiration dates as an opportunity to narrow the law.

If any of you were wondering what the purpose of the FBI releasing the info about these supposed terrorist related raids to the MSM, this is it. Case-closed. And if you keep letting your mind get swayed by fascist fearmongering tools like JJay55, Obama, the FBI, CIA, etc, they'll get exactly what they want. Fooled you once shame on them, fool you the twentieth time, shame on you.

I think you're absolutely right. When will America wake up from this mass brainwashing. The only thing being threatened right now is our civil liberties and constitutional rights. WAKE UP PEOPLE! Star for gerbilmaster and his insights.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I find it highly unusual that the MSM, which desperately seek sensational stories to occupy their 24 hour news machines, have given this so little air time. It's not as if this story has been reported only on blogs and conspiracy sites. I just find it odd that it isn't getting more prominence on CNN/MSNBC/FOXNews et al.

Strange.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamrocked

Another round of battles over privacy rights and antiterrorism laws could erupt as several Patriot Act provisions are set to expire later this year. The Justice Department urged Congress to renew three provisions that expire Dec. 31, and opened the door to adding new privacy protections. The American Civil Liberties Union suggested lawmakers use the expiration dates as an opportunity to narrow the law.

If any of you were wondering what the purpose of the FBI releasing the info about these supposed terrorist related raids to the MSM, this is it. Case-closed. And if you keep letting your mind get swayed by fascist fearmongering tools like JJay55, Obama, the FBI, CIA, etc, they'll get exactly what they want. Fooled you once shame on them, fool you the twentieth time, shame on you.

I think you're absolutely right. When will America wake up from this mass brainwashing. The only thing being threatened right now is our civil liberties and constitutional rights. WAKE UP PEOPLE! Star for gerbilmaster and his insights.

I think this is the same person.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I think you're absolutely right. When will America wake up from this mass brainwashing. The only thing being threatened right now is our civil liberties and constitutional rights. WAKE UP PEOPLE! .

ummm. no. In case you haven't been paying attention this is a physical threat. Your constitutional rights won't mean much under marshall law or death.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mamana

someone report these posters, the mods will handle them. I have them both on ignore. thanks.

Meanwhile, there are cyber-terrorists who's job it is to disrupt threads like this and troll. Another indication that we are infiltrated.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

I think you're absolutely right. When will America wake up from this mass brainwashing. The only thing being threatened right now is our civil liberties and constitutional rights. WAKE UP PEOPLE! .

ummm. no. In case you haven't been paying attention this is a physical threat. Your constitutional rights won't mean much under marshall law or death.

"give me liberty or give me death"

This holds true now more than ever.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
nah, just not reporting on the story until they get more info:
www.nydailynews.com...
ny1.com...

nothing in the Times, nothing much on cnn either.

nothing because it's unfolding, anonymous sources are giving their take, which may amount to nothing.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

They are just trying to find reasons for us to continue the Patriot Act, by using fear-monger tactics.

OMG, WE COULD GET HIT BY A CAR TOMMOROW AND DIE. Let's write up a law that bans the use of cars!! Oh, and lightning too!! Lightning kills!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mamana

Could be the same person, or a buddy in the same room on another computer. They both registered today. I already did the "alert" on gerbilmaster, it is someone elses turn for the other guy!

It was an intelligent post, so I wonder why they would repeat it without elaborating or joining the discussion? Seems very fishy?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

I find it highly unusual that the MSM, which desperately seek sensational stories to occupy their 24 hour news machines, have given this so little air time. It's not as if this story has been reported only on blogs and conspiracy sites. I just find it odd that it isn't getting more prominence on CNN/MSNBC/FOXNews et al.

Strange.

They are given orders. These orders are dictated by the WH and other places for a few reasons.
1. panic is never good. Some adults cannot handle the truth
2. positioning of security will have interference.
3. so many people will be calling 911 with bull-sh1t that it will clog communication
4. same as above with powergrids
5. same as above with highways
6. some people will try to be heros
7. people don't know how to prepare even though the information has been out there.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join