It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Rocket to Create Clouds Tuesday

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

NASA Rocket to Create Clouds Tuesday

www.space.com

A rocket experiment set to launch Tuesday aims to create artificial clouds at the outermost layers of Earth's atmosphere.
The project, called the Charged Aerosol Release Experiment (CARE), plans to trigger cloud formation around the rocket's exhaust particles
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
From reading this article this looks like Nasa's first attempt at creating clouds? Their reason doesn't set right with me.

"Hopefully it's a creation in a controlled sense, which will allow scientists to study different aspects of it, the turbulence generated on the inside, the distribution of dust particles and such."

Creating clouds so they can better understand turbulence & the movement of dust? Really? I don't like this.. I don't like the fact that they are playing with stuff like this. I'm all about technology but only in the right hands for the positive advancement, but in today's society I cringe when I see this stuff. I don't believe for a second that's all Nasa has planned for these man-made clouds and if Nasa isn't plotting then someone down the road will find a way to use.

www.space.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Here we go again, tampering with Mother Nature. Even if NASA is honestly using it for science, it will eventually be used to change weather patterns. Maybe, instead of changing the Earth, we should adapt to the Earth.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

"This is really essentially at the boundary of space," said Wayne Scales, a scientist at Virginia Tech who will use computer models to study the physics of the artificial dust cloud as it's released. "Nothing like this has been done before and that's why everybody's really excited about it."

That is why they are treating it like it has never been done before; it hasn't!! This is for the noctilucent cloud range at the highest possible layers of our atmosphere. The study could help a lot in forecasting fall out from volcanoes, or radiation, or even in countering global warming (which I do not believe in btw)!

I know the Chemtrail crowd will show up and panic anytime now, and I, myself, am concerned that they may decide to put some type of reflective material up there and counter a naturally occuring warming trend with an un-natural ice age, but this is still just science. It is no conspiracy........YET!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well that.......or they don't want us to see what's going on out there (or what is heading our way..!?!)

Peace

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

This is not at all the first time rockets have been used to release materials into the upper atmosphere.
www.gi.alaska.edu...

Here's a presentation to give you a better idea about what this experiment is about. A total of 325kg of material will be dispersed. Not a whole lot.
isrw.rocketrange.no...

[edit on 9/14/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I don't doubt that, but I could ponder all day on what TPTB could use man-made "clouds" for.. and this is the first time they've tried putting clouds in the sky according to this article which was really my point.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

This was my first thought. Anybody know what the density of these clouds are and how effective they are at forming a complete wall of invisibility? What can see through them? Anything?

What is the purpose of this experiment? I mean the REAL purpose. Fight global warming by blocking out the sun? Changing weather patterns?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

From that site you posted

"rocket released a puff of barium gas. The barium release soon formed two clouds that drifted apart. One part, composed of ionized barium, drifted away westward under the influence of the electric field in the high atmosphere. Thus by tracking it, the Danes could measure the electric field. Two more barium releases and then a second TMA release, performed as the rocket fell back toward the earth, allowed additional measurements of the wind and electric field over an extended region above Alaska."

Now I can understand and even get behind this. What they are doing makes sense, but to me, what Nasa's doing doesn't.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
My guess would be its Noctilucent Cloud related, but weird how its a bit late in the season now to be doing tests like that when they can have ground-based observatories looking at the natural phenomenon instead of creating it artificially.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by operation mindcrime

This was my first thought. Anybody know what the density of these clouds are and how effective they are at forming a complete wall of invisibility? What can see through them? Anything?

What is the purpose of this experiment? I mean the REAL purpose. Fight global warming by blocking out the sun? Changing weather patterns?

These clouds are probably not harmful at all. Considered these are suppose to be the first, but down the road is what worries me because if test go good then they could potentially created a blackening cloud, or storms etc...

[edit on 14-9-2009 by SeeingBlue]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

The Spatial Heterodyne IMager for MEsospheric Radicals instrument on the STPSat-1 spacecraft will track the CARE dust cloud for days or even months. The SHIMMER instrument has previously viewed natural noctilucent clouds for the past two years. The CARE will be the first space viewing of an artificial noctilucent cloud.

Data collected during the experiment will provide insight into the formation, evolution, and properties of noctilucent clouds, which are typically observed naturally at high latitudes. In addition to the understanding of noctilucent clouds, scientists will use the experiment to validate and develop simulation models that predict the distribution of dust particles from rocket motors in the upper atmosphere.

www.spaceref.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

They have been studying the natural clouds. Now they want to study things about the way they form. This way they will know where and when to look when it happens.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, after long reading your posts I have come to the conclusion that you seem to know everything... Where did all this information come from? How do you know all this crap?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
For the record were not talking about HAARP type technology (that I know of anyway), Noctilucent Clouds are thought to be made up of gasses high above the Atmosphere, well out of Atmospheric Pressures that create our weather.
The clouds are about the same height as the Aurora Borealis and only usually visible from Northern Latitudes between late May and early August, I see these clouds numerous times as I live in the UK which is a perfect Latitude to see these clouds from. My only concern is that Im wondering what type of material they'll use as to make this observation.
Natural occuring ground speeds can be measured from the ground using angular sight and distance, they've already sent Rockets/Balloons in the Upper Atmosphere to assertain what gasses the clouds are made of so to create a Artificial Noctilucent Cloud (especially out of season) is a bit mystifying.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Cloud seeding technology has been used for decades and was used by China during the Beijing Olympics. There have been trials in tasmania and queensland is supposedly now trialing it.
Regardless, you can put as many aerosoles or cloud condensation nuclei in the atmosphere as you like, but if there is no moisture or not enough, and if you have no lifting mechanism, you won't get clouds.
To form clouds, and ultimately rain (precipitation), we need:-
- Cloud Condensation Nuclei (CCN)
- Uplift of air – create cooled air to reach saturation (or supersaturation)

Vertical uplift of moist air results in cooling and condensation (depending on amount of moisture in air). Several mechanisms to cause uplift and mixing.

Cloud droplets (ice particles) are formed when water vapour condenses around a cloud condensation nuclei, (e.g., sand, smoke, salt or dust) to form a large cloud drop.

Unless Nasa is working on these fundamental basics then they are not making clouds to create rain.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
MAns desperate attmept to try and simulate or controll nature tsk tsk...no wonder thiers global warming. Well, cooling i should say. HMM its called CARE, ye its going to release Aerosoles???? i dont like the sound of that!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
As Nasa are releasing these particles in the mesosphere (higher than where rain clouds form) I wonder how this will affect the incoming short wave and outgoing long wave radiation and whether this will be measured in the experiment. clouds can absorb or reflect radiation.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It's called CARE because it relates to the ritual "Cremation of Care".

These (what are they? Zionists? Kabbalists?) have already started building the sacrifical altar for the third temple. The dark cloud must be created as part of the dedication ceremony. Sacrifices cannot begin until the dedication is complete.

The dark cloud is a crucial part of the ritual ceremony.

If you do a scripture word search on "dark cloud" you will find that this (evil) god lives "in a dark cloud". Very eerie references are found at Job 3: 4-6, 1 kings 8:12, Psalms 18:10-12. In reference to the Day of Destruction (which was formally announced already by the Temple Institute in late July 2009) Zephaniah 1:15 mentions the dark clouds in a most ominous way.

This is like an olympics ceremony for these wicked magicians. It is to be a great show!

However, what many people do not realize is that the sacrifices must begin before the actual Temple is erected.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well I looked at their launch schedule which was just updated and the next launch for anything is the 19th of September.

Edit...I just got that link to work and now I know when and where : )

[edit on 9/15/2009 by mblahnikluver]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join