It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those that seek the truth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This post is long, but important if you are into conspiracies or seek truth.

The best disinformation does not come from those covering things up, but rather those who claim to be conspiracy theorist.

Many people are drawn to conspiracy theory to indulge in the delusion of being special, in the know, or have a great adversary. They do not come into the realm of conspiracy to seek truth but rather attempt to justify their indulgence or validate their beliefs.

The vast majority of �Evidence� thrown around ATS is vague at best and normally described in a manner that best suits a person�s agenda. An object in the sky is a military craft to some, alien ship to others, and still angelic to some. The truth is no UFO would be labeled a UFO without it obviously being Unidentified.

People who seek the truth can accept things without explanation as just that. They try to study it more, collect new evidence, and will look for the answers rather than make them up.

This does not just apply to UFOs, it extends to many other common conspiracy theories such as the NWO, NASA cover-ups, and so on.

I am not here to put anyone down, but rather point out that there is nothing more hindering to truth seekers than the volumes of self delusional BS created by other who claim to be seeking the truth.

I advise anyone who truly wants to uncover new things to never accept anything as true be it on Rense, CNN, or Scientific American. Embrace logic, think for yourself, and question.

For those that ARE trying to create their own imaginary truth, I feel confidant that you will read this and disregard it as an agent or other conclusion without foundation as to not disrupt your delusion.

Again, the only way to seek truth is to not yet know it.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
i agree 100%.
the great thing about this site (and other sites like it, and conversation, in general) is that it inspires critical thinking.

the world of today is unlike any other. never before has the news of everywhere been available to everyone.

and it's important to remember that every form of media we have can be faked and everyone who reports the news, and everyone who makes the news, and even the people like us, who read the news; everyone has an agenda.

it takes a keen eye (a good BS detector), and a determination to seek truth and not accept the first answer you hear or the answer you want to hear, to deny ignorance.

not all conspiracy theories are true. most of them aren't. but they teach us a valuable lesson. the world is full of misinformation and to believe everything we see and hear which is called "news" or "fact" is foolish. to not consider the source, the timing, the language used, who benefits, which stories support each and which contradict each other, etc., etc., is careless.

a person willing to prove one version of events will have the "facts" to do so. a person on the other side will likewise be able to "prove" their version of events.

so the responsibility falls onto us - those who must decide what is true and what is not.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
i also agree!

The worst thing you can do when seeking the truth is to have a preconceived conclusion. The second worst thing you can do is to just accept whatever you are told. Best thing to do is consider what you are told, form opinions, etc, but only accept as truth that which you absolutely know without any doubt.

Unfortunately, since virtually nothing can be known without any doubt you end up knowing less than you thought you did...

Know nothing, suspect much...

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I agree and I'd also like to reiterate the point about ATS, in that, because it's got such a varied collection of people, I don't think there's any way of putting out information which is false etc.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Great post Quest. I am seeking the truth about some subjects ,and want diverging opinion good or bad on some of my posts, but you think it is in the manor that the post is presented that is the problem? or am i off base with this assumption.
Parker

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lyriox
I agree and I'd also like to reiterate the point about ATS, in that, because it's got such a varied collection of people, I don't think there's any way of putting out information which is false etc.

?????????

There is false information on ATS every day. Sometimes it is placed here by people unwittingly, who believe the credibilibity of the source. Sometimes it is placed here knowingly, as disinformation, to support a political or religious or self-interested position. Sometimes it is placed here randomly and without relevance to the topic (eg spurious links) to disrupt a flow of discussion.

Some readers can screen and filter information, others can't.

I agree with the sentiments in this topic. I am often enriched by new information and views, and you can see some members growing in their knowledge and breadth of sources and ability to present an argument effectively. Other members will never experience a paradigm shift in their lives and will have only the same or a lesser level of knowledge as when they first visited ATS.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I think one of the main problems of ATS beside the conspiracy terrorism
is that nearly all are focused on a few topics.

So to say: War in Iraq, Terrorism, the Bush Administration, NWO and Ufos. Maybe a few other ones as well but there isn't much will to think about other important topics.

Hey maybe there isn't much going on in Asia but I rarely read anything here about political changes that could be important, over there. And there happened a lot.
A new chinese fighter, very interesting but not really for world politics.

The EU got bigger, covered here just a little and if - people connected it with topics like "EU vs. USA, who would win". That's so retarted from the kids here.
Cypriots voted against re-unification, that was nearly uncovered as well...and Cyprus is the only divided country left in the western world.
And ATS members weren't able to see the influence of this vote on EU politics and turkey.

We had ethnic cleanings going on in africa since decades, anyway ATS members bring it up like it is breaking news, just because somebody from the big networks was bored and covered it in his reports. And what happens? "oh the french were there before, let's rant about that."
or "the americans stepped there before, let's blame everything on them".

That ATS faces the same topics over and over just with different titles is basically a result of the nearly pure western membership. Nothing bad about it but we could use some people from the other continents as well. Maybe somebody has friends over there, invite them to ATS. Somebody knows a forum that people from those countries use regulary, post the link to ATS.

ATS would be way better with some people from Pakistan, Iran, Jordan, African countries and south american that would help in serious discussions and let the conspiracies become uninteresting.

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by shoo]

new topics

top topics

join