It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Firm Delivers N. Korean Weapons To Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Italian Firm Delivers N. Korean Weapons To Iran

menewsline.com

An Italian company has been identified as having deliveredweapons from North Korea to Iran. Italy's Otim said it shipped 10 containers from North Korea headed forthe Iranian port of Bandar Abbas via China. Executives said the company didnot know the contents of the containers, transported by the ANL-Australia. "The containers left Dalian [in China] untouched with the same seals puton at the origin," Otim chief executive Mario Carniglia said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Could this alleged delivery of weapons be in anticipation for the much rumoured Israeli attack on Irans Nuclear facilities? Knowing that N.Korea has nukes kinda worries me when I read a report like this, because their is always the very real possibility that their were nukes delivered to Iran in one or all of the reported 10 containers of weapons shipped by this Italian company.

Has anyone heard any more on this story? If it is discovered that North Korea has supplied Iran with nuclear weapons, then surely this will be the green light for the US to take out Kim Jong-il?

menewsline.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
i always supected that the nuclear tests carried out had only 1 purpose..show the product to potential buyers...in this case Iran...and i agree with you that if it is discovered that nuclear material were shipped to iran things will heat up pretty badly..but were are the goods now?...can they check or they have been delivered already?...guess we will never know :/

nice find OP

edit : ...and i mean come on WTF..that italian company must be held responsable for something..who doesnt know containers from Korea to Iran what might contain...everyone going after $$$$...piece of xit

[edit on 14-9-2009 by heineken]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Nothing here says they are nuclear weapons. Could be conventional arms. Could be anything. Yes, NK has tested nukes but let's be honest, the tests weren't exactly smashing successes.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
the US watches NK shipping ports 24/7, they know exactly what leaves and know the vessels involved.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

i hope you trust enough the sources that said they wasnt...the korean site said they served their purpose

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

It detonated didn't it? That seems to be a success detonating a nuclear bomb when they aren't supposed to have that technology. Any sized nuke could do serious damage!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Well maybe. The experts weren't convinced that the test went off as planned. If you recall, the seismic and space sensors were inconclusive as to whether the test was successful. Of course NK said it was a success. I'd expect nothing else. Would you? But who is Iran planning on threatening with a made-in-NK nuke?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by savetimerushonline

Who's going to fight him?

If we send more troops to the other side of Asia, we'll either lose one of the current wars, or leave our country without proper defense.

All China has to do is tell us not to fight their best friend Russia's buddy, Iran.

If they don't want us to, they don't finance it.

We don't have the money for another war, and China isn't going to let us pick on someone they give escaped citizens back to for public execution.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
i always supected that the nuclear tests carried out had only 1 purpose..show the product to potential buyers...in this case Iran...and i agree with you that if it is discovered that nuclear material were shipped to iran things will heat up pretty badly..but were are the goods now?...can they check or they have been delivered already?...guess we will never know :/

Well, when there's a blinding flash we will have known.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
Well, when there's a blinding flash we will have known.

After that flash, there will probably be a few more and Iran as we know it will cease to exist.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Ok i found this article from the Asia Times Online website, and I think the story the OP is referring to happened around the beginning of August 09, plus I don't think the shipment actually made it to Iran, because it was seized by the United Arab Emirates.

The following quote is from the Asia Times Online article I link to above, and is dated 1st Sep 09, whereas the article the OP is referring to is dated 13th Sep 09.

The seizure of the ANL Australia, which took place about a month ago, was the first made under the new sanctions.

The export of apparently conventional weapons to Iran might not have been a reason to hold the Australian-owned
vessel and confiscate its cargo, before the United Nations Security Council firmly imposed the sanctions on June 12.

The United Arab Emirates is now asking the sanctions committee of the UN Security Council what to do with the weapon-laden
cargo of the ANL Australia which was carried in crates marked as machinery parts when the vessel was boarded at Dubai.

So the OP's source makes it sound as if the weapons were in fact sucessfully delivered to Iran, but in reality it seems as though the weapons were seized by the United Arab Emirates, as part of sanctions imposed on North Korea by the UN.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
How obvious was this?
It bloody infuriates me at times.

Nkorea didnt need to test weapons any more?
The second tests were nothing but Iranian weapons with North korean uranium, or Iranian uranium refined in North Korea.

Why else would Iranians be present at the north korean tests?

Yes, Iran just aquired the bomb.
China, obviously were in on this.

Bad bad signs....

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Well if you read my last post, you will see that the shipment didn't actually reach Iran, so I think you can relax a litte.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
so, this is what a global community is afterall..this is partly why im aginast a global world.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Eye On War

1 container ship being stopped doesnt mean a thing.
If these countries knowingly allow shipments to go through,i imagine there's other instances that havent been found.

Its more the fact that sanctions are meant to be a unified thing, to stop a country doing something.

when other nations assist them to bypass the sanctions, it all becomes pointless.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Eye On War

1 container ship being stopped doesnt mean a thing.

Yes I see your point and I have to say I agree with you on this one. I believe Iran has been in posession of nuclear weapons for years now, it's just capability to actually manafacture Nukes that they haven't quite reached... but they certainly aren't far away from that either.

Perhaps Israel knows Iran has nukes, and this is the reason she hasn't attacked Irans nuclear facilities sooner???

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
and in alternative news - the USA delivered more WMD`s to israel today - these being WP which israel have used in breach of the CCWC as a chemical weapon against civilian targets.

top topics

join