It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gel Heals Injured Brain and Bone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saf85
Hmm anyone ever think what nano particles in your brain might cause as side effects? What if these particles interfere with normal brain functions? Block or disrupt synaptic signals?

Even worse if it was possible to send new signals from radio waves to people via the nano tubes in the brain? Would smell of mind control all over then lol. Imagine someone pulling a gun and shooting the president, then having no recollection of thinking the thought or anything linked to it? Mind boggelling!

Anyway as mentioned above, it would also re-activate other links in the brain which would make use useless at just about everything we have learned to be good at over the period of our lives, how would that be usefull?

Typical CS outlook!
(Nothing personal, just predictable.)

Sure, Newton's third law, every action has an equal and opposite....blah blah! If someone is dealing with brain trauma, or shattered bones, or neurological damage, I think they are willing to chance the side-effects. They really don't have a lot to lose!

Plus, the gel is being researched to repair brain function, not inhibit it! So, either it works or it doesn't, I don't think it can do both at the same time?

And, lol, if it can be used via radio signals to change thoughts, as you were implying, imagine the implications for 'improving' thoughts!! Imagine the internet beamed directly into your brain! Can you say "superhuman" or "singularity"!!! Now that is a Conspiracy!

[edit on 15-9-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
How is this gel administered?

This was my post on ATS and hasn't gotten a single comment. I figure this was a bit similar.

SO far, uses for the nanobots have been discovered in cardiovascular areas, helping to re-oxygenate the blood, rebuild vessels, and finding defects, weaknesses and breakdowns of the system. The uses here are limitless. Research is already indicating the use of nanobots to reinforce or replace synapses in the nervous system. This would help reduce the degradation of Alzheimer's, rebuild deterioration associated with severe injury and age, etc.. The medical possibilities are astounding.

This was supposed to be a thought train of mine on population control...

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Arrowmancer]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redajin
hmm... wonder how long it would take for this to be brushed aside by the Higher-Ups. Remember people, the medical industry is a HUGH money making business. The owners of this business isn't going to let something like this to ruin that for them.

Just wait, in a while this will be "revealed" to be a "scam" or you just might not hear about it again... or they will prove it to be way to be expensive for practical means latter.

that's the way things work in this world.

If this really does work, it most certainly will not ruin the money train for the medical industry. Right now the life expectancy for Americans is 78.11 years (ranked # 50 worldwide) and 79.01 years for the UK (ranked #36) and for our brethren in the Great White North, it is 81.23 years (#8. Wow, move to Canada, eh?).
Source: www.cia.gov...

Anyway, with around 79ish years for the average here, wouldn't the medical industry be happy to extend our lifespan? That gives them more years to work their worthless meds, multi-billion dollar cancer industry, and other medical cash cows on us which means more money for them. Anyway, this just fixes brains and bones, it isn't a fountain of youth.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Odd, I was watching a show just recently on the discovery channel about this new oxygen rich, milky substance, that they said in the near future could save alot of Brain Trauma patients.

They said the Human Brain can survive for 6 minutes without oxygen(i.e blood/plasma)before neuro breakdowns, and paralisys start to occur.

Anyhow they showed these futuristic EMT, fly down in what looked like Star Trek Shuttles, Circa 1990, and administering this milky oxygen rich fluid to a person with a head injury.

How was it administered you asked, well what I saw was conventional I.V. hook up in the arm, but the thing that was so GREAT about this new substance was it's oxygen carrying cells, are 100x's smaller than the typical red blood cell, AND carried something like a hundred, or a thousand timesthe amont of oxygen. Great for getting past clots.

They called the procedure "Reverse Death", hehe. There was alot of cryogenics involved, as well as inobtrusive surgeories (i,e, Star Trek Scanners which would tell the Doctor the patients name, any allergies, and full medical history, pretty much implying this patient of the future was "Chipped" in some way.

It was ALL Extremely Science Fitction in my opinion, except for this new oxygen rich substance.

Now this seems to be straying off the topic at hand I believe. But I found it odd that I saw this program just a day before this thread popped up. So, take it for what it's worth. We are makeing meical advances rapidly it seems, but almost all the new shows I've seen, require a MUCH needed way of scanning a patient and the Doctor to be able tosee a full medical history via holographic computer screen ,which she manipulated with her hands "think Minority Report". Again we see them pushing on Nat Geo that being chipped is good.

All in all it seemed to be way in the future, at least 20+ years. However, this oxygen rich milky looking substance is available now they said, and could be used in place of blood, and as I said was better than blood in situations where oxygen is needed to the brain as fast as possible.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Great find. Nano-medicine is the supposed future of medicine.

here's a good nano-tech site
www.azonano.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Wow. Welcome to the future indeed. There have been a fair few advances in medical treatments this year.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yes this is brilliant news if confirmed, and indeed there have been many medical breakthroughs this year. It's conceivable that overall average lifespan will rocket during the forthcoming 50 years.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

O2 rich, milky substance.

Wait, isn't there a conspiracy about... what is it, Vril? Vren? Some type of liquid that is also the name of the oceanic life form that uses it....

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Take a look at hyperbaric oxygen therapy for brain injury. The International Hyperbaric Medical Association began sharing the HBOT 1.5 [ATA] protocol with the Department of Defense for the treatment of injured soldiers in 2001. Recent policy bullitin:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join