It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F 18 Hornet Low Fly By (video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I found this and thought I would share. All I can say is that it must have taken nerves of steel to stand there and let this jet fly just above his head.

Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
geea, even i had to duck watching it. I dont think that was an F-18 either. It looked like a harrier

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Why did the "force" of the jet passing overhead, nearly blow over the camera man, but the guy standing out in front of the camera didn't get moved at all?

Seems fishy to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yep defo not an F-18!

I'd go with Harrier too right now - but don't those intaces look a little squared off to you?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e920bd27caa.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
*at the guy in the video, if this is an actual real video* YOU MORON.

I just gotta ask... How is it the suction/ backwash upset the camera, and he didn't even lose his hat? Those things are NOT known for being gentle.

I smells something funny. If this was real, this guy is a complete brainless, testosterone soaked male who needs to find a nice woman....

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I dunno - I've seen a few of these type of vids - here's a rocking A-10 one...

Now his 'hat'
well I don't know the proper term for it but it looks like a ground crews headset. - edit: They come strapped on real good!

As as for the camera man - well wouldn't you flinch a little - I know I would!! - and the angle looks like the camera operator is crouched to make the angle make the plane look closer to the guy.

[edit on 14/9/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ground Chiefs are all nuts.. at least that is what my das used to tell me from his USAF days..lol

I saw the video and said things out loud that I can't type here without violating the T&C...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Yeah not sure, thought it might have been an Alpha Jet, but its not. Love the A 10 vid

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Actually that tail is horizontal - so not a Harrier.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e920bd27caa.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Its not a F-18. Its a french jaguar or something like that. Its a french soldier standing on the air field/road. And i bet its somewhere in Africa.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Not a real big deal, I would stand there, easily; hell, my cat would lay there and barely acknowledge that anything happened (he's super-chill).

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Its a Mirage 2000N Dassault Breguet.

That pod was really close to his head.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

The cameraman was standing to the side.... aircraft push air to the sides at that spead like a ship cutting through water...

And the helmet was what my brother used to call a cranium when he was a "plane captain" in the navy

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
American GI's would get in deep doo doo for this. It has to be foreign in origin.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73
Its a Mirage 2000N Dassault Breguet.

That pod was really close to his head.

Its not a Mirage 2000N. Its a Jaguar. Because it look like this jet

Video of a jaguar.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
nah its not aharrier - its a dornier alpha jet , likely taken at the french airbase at corsica

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Looks like a Mirage F1.

Look at the anhedral of the wings, AND tailplane. This automatically excludes the Harrier, Super Etendard, Jaguar, and maybe the Alpha Jet.

It sounds like a Mirage F1, they are pretty distinctive...

Sweetest job ever.

Watch 1:05 - 1:15... 1:25 good lord.

Love the shape of the Mirage F1...

perhaps the vid in the OP was from the Wild Fly series?

I'm betting it's real. It's not the first time we've seen something similar, particularly with a French Aircraft. Also, it was likely not the wind that pushed the cameraman down, rather, the cameraman flinching. Even at airshows, people can miss camera shots because they're trying to protect their ears... because it's so loud, not because of the wind (although a B-1 almost blew me over once, the air was nice and toasty.
)

Found this vid.

LMAO.

[edit on 15/9/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
i wish I could have been a fighter pilot, it was all i ever wanted to be as a kid, then had a bit of a little miss sunshine moment when I realised i didn't have 20 20 vision. a bit like this

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

My understanding is you don't need perfect 20/20 vision. On the RAAF website it says 20/40 (worse than 20/20), unaided, unguided. I've heard other sources say up to 20/70, and then there's always Laser Eye Surgery.

Watch the end of Little Miss Sunshine. Dwayne says that if he wants to fly he will find a way to fly.

[edit on 15/9/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

yeah its more of a slight blindness in my left eye that can only be sorted with a cornial graft. so Im hardly Top Gun material.Nowadays I guess i would also have a moral problem of dropping bombs on people. don't really like war. Just always had a fascination with Fighter jets.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join