It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Prayer Meeting on Capital Hill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Got this email today:

Washington, D.C. - On September 25th there will be a national prayer gathering of Muslims on the west front of the U.S. Capitol Building. They are expecting at least 50,000 to attend from mosques all across America. They will gather to pray from 4:00 AM until 7:00 PM. The gathering will take place by the site where U.S. Presidents have been inaugurated since 1981. The organizers say that it was Obama's inauguration speech in January and his speech broadcast from Egypt in June that gave them the idea for this prayer gathering on Capitol Hill.

www.islamoncapitolhill.com...

So much for separation of Church and State.

Let's see if a Christmas Tree gets lit at the White House. There are reports all over the net that Obama does not celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas. Snopes has no information on this.

Any Christian prayer meetings happening that I am not aware of???

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
What does the separation of church and state have to do with anything? I wasn't aware that it prohibited people from performing acts of worship in public.

Or is it not acceptable because they are Muslims?

Or are you saying that it's only being allowed to happen because Barry may or may not be a Muslim and no previous white Christian president would have stood for such a performance?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Have there ever been Christian prayer meetings at this place that is spoke of? If there were, and they are allowed, then why not let the Muslims do the same thing? If a Christian assembly was not allowed then we have a problem. A very big problem. Star and flagged sad_eyed_lady! Thanks for bringing this to peoples attention.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

One of the largest Hispanic Evangelical networks in the United States is gathering hundreds of Hispanic spiritual and community leaders from across the country for its 8th annual conference this week in the nation’s capital.

In addition to discussing important issues confronted by the Hispanic community, participants of this year’s National Hispanic Prayer Breakfast and Conference will be meeting with U.S. officials and policymakers on Capitol Hill to address the diverse needs of the Hispanic community.

"I'm pleased we are reintroducing the Capitol Hill visits to the Conference this year,” commented the Rev. Luis Cortes, Jr., president of Esperanza, a national network of 12,000 faith and community-based agencies.

“It is the founding principle upon which the event was built, and is meant to empower leaders to reach out to government and politicians to express the needs of our communities," he added. "We have come together in a special way to pray, celebrate, and advocate for Hispanics everywhere."

Hispanic Evangelicals Flock to Capitol Hill for Prayer

Seems it already happens. This raises the question as to why it is different if it is Muslims, of course it isn't different, but no doubt some disagree.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Part of what makes America so great is that we are given the ability and protected right to peacefully assemble, for whatever reason.

If the Muslims want to peacefully assemble on the steps of Capitol Hill, then they have that inalienable right according to our Constitution.

If people from Mars want to peacefully assemble on the steps of Capitol Hill, then even though they are not legal citizens of the United States, the rights accorded in the Constitution of the United States pertain equally to them as well, because they are inalienable rights (meaning you are entitled to them, no matter what).

There is nothing nefarious or wrong with peaceful assembly. It is such an important right that it was made the first of our Amendments!

Those who chose to exercise their Constitutional Rights should be applauded, not condemned or looked at with suspicion.

Now, if our duly elected Government Officials were to open a session of Congress with a 15 hour Prayer Session, then there would be a problem...as that would be in violation of Separation of Church and State...but if some members of Congress participated in a 15 hour Prayer Session on the steps of the Capitol, then that's entirely their right and prerogative, so long as it's not on our dime at our expense.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

I agree with you wholeheartedly. My only hope is that all faiths received the same treatment.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if DHS considers Christians to be terrorists along with the Pro-lifers, Veterans and those against illegal immigration.

My sister is a Muslim so please don't think I have anything against them.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

So much for separation of Church and State.

That means the State can not force religion on you and can't take religion from you. It does not mean that people can't pray in public.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I don't see the any problem. Muslims have there faith just like Christians, Jews, Buddists, Hindu's, Pagans ect. Am sure any Religion would be welcome to do it peacefully.

Tsom87

new topics

top topics

join