It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children hand-rear Lamb, only for it to be slaughtered

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Awwwww. That's nice.
(but you need to fix the link).

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
As a vegan I can't condone an animal being killed however, as those above have said, it is important that kids understand exactly what they are eating. Too few parents actually explain the origin of that burger/steak etc. Personally, when I have children I intend to have them grow up in close proximity to farm animals so that they can see ALL animals have as loving personalities as cats and dogs. If even one of those children understand this then that is a great thing. Just as a side note, please don't attack my views as a vegan. It happens far too often when I feel we should all respect eachothers beliefs even if it isn't one you share or understand.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Oh, it's fixed. It's part of Jim McInvale's Blog... Entrepreneur extraordinaire, he's big money, been at it a long time, financed a few movies, hobnobs with Chuck Norris, etc, blah, blah... More like Beverly Hillbilly

Here's the bump

The $300,000 Steer Has A Blog

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 9/16/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JennyJen

I won't attack your vegan views if you won't attack my carnivorous ones (I have sharp teeth, don't mess with me
).

My daughter likes chicken, fish (if I cook it right) and beef. She does know from whence they come. If at some point she decides she doesn't want to eat these things anymore, I'll knuckle down and figure out how to provide proper and edible nutrition without using them.

Reminds me of what happened to a friend of mine a while back though. His neighbor was a vegan who thought his dog should be vegan too. My friend had chickens...but not for long.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hah, yeah it's not a good idea to try and force veganism on other creatures. Animals are mainly ruled by natural instinct, they don't have the same thought processes to be able to make a decision on what they eat. I'd never try and make my cat's vegan (although my little one has an addiction to lettuce).
To be honest, I feel that everyone should just know the facts about what they are eating and where it came from. If they know and still decide to eat meat then I have far more respect for them than the ignorant 'I don't like thinking about it' crowd.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join