It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mixed pres is black enough, not regular people though?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I made mention of this in another thread today and it was suggested it may be an interesting topic of its own. So, here goes.

I find it very interesting that Obama is a BLACK MAN and is so applauded by the black community. Is the public face of mixed race acceptance different than the private? I think so.

If you will all recall during the early days of the campaign questions were brought up asking "Is Obama black enough?" I know you all saw those articles and heard those interviews. Once his run became more serious these questions began to fade to the background as the black community embraced him with all they had.

Yet the private face of acceptance of mixed race people is VERY different. My children are between the ages of 27 and 18 not babies anymore. I find it so interesting that the same people that swoon over a "black" president call my kids whitey and say they are not really black.

Color struck is a term that I have heard often in my 30 years of mixed marriage but when it comes to the POTUS it seems to vanish. Some light blacks look down on dark skinned ones, dark skinned ones resent the light ones. But none of this matters when it comes to Obama. Hypocrisy? I think so.

If the day EVER comes that we all forget about this things will be so much better. With the media using the race card at every turn and at every criticism of O, this is going to get much worse.

thoughts....

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread501
Please read Willie Lynch letter search for it on google or youtube! This letter is proof of how the slave masters turned african agaisnt african! And this letter of how to control the african slave still exisit in our community today by design of the white supremacy system nwo or what. Ever ats calls them. If you read the letter and look at the state of black community u will see the slaves were never freed, as long as they can control mind of the black slave and his God the Black Women the could turn us agaisnt each other and and conquer the choosen or predicted to inherit the earth in the last days! Do the knowledge ats!
Peace black love black god black unity= Black power or empowerment for those with no brain

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I am very aware of the Lynch letter and his philosophies.

I was not trying to get into a discussion of all that but just wondering how interesting it is that the political climate has now changed the public face of what is "black enough".

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 720degrees

Well that is the root cause of your disscussion! And these were the ideas programmed into the black mind and still exist just read the letter and exmaine the issues u stated within ur own experience! Willie lynch great grandchildren and buddies make up the politcal system! U think willie lynch didn't teach his children. How to keep freed saves
And stay forever rich and powerful as long as they control the mind! At this point this willie lynch has applied to all mainstream america using the women!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 720degrees

Well that is the root cause of your disscussion! And these were the ideas programmed into the black mind and still exist just read the letter and exmaine the issues u stated within ur own experience! Willie lynch great grandchildren and buddies make up the politcal system! U think willie lynch didn't teach his children. How to keep freed saves
And stay forever rich and powerful as long as they control the mind! At this point this willie lynch has applied to all mainstream america using the women!

top topics

join