It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Hiroshima about to unfold

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
There was a thread in here a few weeks ago about National Guard Commanders to have their families moved from any large cities by a certain time, I want to say maybe October?, anyway don't know if any of this was ever confirmed or not.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by skyeyes

it actually seems EVERYTHING is pointing to october.
i'm usually 50/50 on the more believable predictions...but i really will be surprised if nothing happens this october.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
LET'S SHIFT THE PARADIGM A LITTLE... WE ARE ASSUMING IT MAY BE A SMALL SUITCASE NUKE, WHY NOT A DIRTY BOMB, OR A PROPANE BASED BOMB WITH DELAYED IGNITERS LIKE THE US USES?
G-20 SUMMIT WAS IN PARIS LAST TIME, SO TO IMPRESS THE WORLD, WE CHOSE PITTSBURGH? WHY PITTSBURGH?
RAMMADAN IS ENDING AND ROSH HASHANNA IS HERE AS IS THE G-20 SUMMIT. GOOD OCCASSION FOR A SYMBOLIC AND DEVESTATING MESSGAE ON SO MANY LEVELS.
DATE IS 9/20...9+20=29...2+9=11...9 11...HMMM. MAYBE

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I really wish I had some good news for you guys but because of your lack of common knowledge I will enlighten you and be the bearer of bad news.

#1-I am a Private pilot with a simple rating of SEL-single engine land.

#2- I launch Satellites for a living .I have for the last ten years and still do today.

#3-I guess most of you people out there missed the recent story, ( last month I believe) where in the Border Patrol arrested some MS 13 Gang members, who will do anything for money, admitted smuggling in a one year period over 1000 Arabic speaking illegals into the U.S. from Mexico. Don't ask me how they got there that part I don't know.

So the Scenario goes like this- I take my plane which has folding wings, I think i forgot to mention that , I pull it out of my little storage unit. I am by myself so if I only fill my fuel tank up half way I can carry another two hundred pounds easy. Strap the suit case nuke in the seat next to me. I take off making sure my transponder is on so I will not raise any suspision
or if I want to fly below radar I leave my transponder off. I hop over the mountains from the desert to the L.A. basin, taking about 10-15 min.max. to accomplish this flight. I say my Al-Akbar or what ever and hit the detonator.

Satellite Detection: There are some super secret satellites that can be tasked and moved over and area to sweep it for radiation leakage but you must have some idea in what part of the U.S. to go to then command the Sat. to a geo-syc. orbit to start your search.

So you see now, it is just that easy. They can be air born and set off their nuke before we can scramble to intercept them......KMG

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
As described the suitcase and backpack nukes are a "gun fired" design and very low tech. I am very familiar with the backpack nukes deployed by the Special Forces SADM teams up until the late 80's and they require almost no maintenance and are mechanically controlled, not electronically controlled. While they only yield about 5 kilotons, they can be very effective in highly populated areas.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by spy66

What are you talking about in case you didn't know China sent an emergency alert to Washington, D.C. through the United States embassy in Beijing at which time President George W. Bush was told by National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley "shortly after" 10 p.m that a test was imminent.We knew before they tested the nuke!

PS why do you think China considered it an emergency to alert us they knew we would detect it!

[edit on 9/19/09 by dragonridr]

What i am talking about is: The US cant track independently every nuclear device that moves around with a satellite.

Getting a tip from china is not the same as being able to tracking nukes with a satellite.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Ok Everybody in this thread seems like a bunch of Fox worthy school kids walking in a hallway line.
As number one in line looks into the open doorway to his right, in hesitation he precipitates a huge pile up.
Here is the deal
Since folks have been spoon fed the idea that Middle Eastern Muslims would, should, could nuke the dear old USA at will .
Why would they bother to piss off the Giant.
They could take the entire state of Israel, their real FOE. out in a hart beat, with a small nuke.
Crap that place is right in there homeland.
OK back in line.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

To answer your question.

"Shock and Awe".

In reverse!

Now personally, if I were a terrorist, so inclined to "nuke" a high-value target somewhere in the continental US, I'd skip the whole "Cessna-as-a-bomber" scenario as being way too expected.

I mean, it's so darn cliched that it amounts to a complete waste of a perfectly good WMD; assuming, of course, that you could get your hands on a working nuclear weapon.

Think about it: the last successfull attack on America involved the use of planes, right?

So dont you all think that the "authorities" have already taken measures to prevent even private planes from being used as weapons?

And even if they haven't, any half-a**edly decent terrorist with a nuke had better plan his delivery scenario As If They Have.

Or risk losing his precious nuke, as well as his worthless life, before he gets anywhere near his objective.

Personaly, I'd use a high-altitude balloon, and drop the "package" using an on-board GPS-based release mechanism.

Fly it high (out of range of most aircraft) and slow (like any one of thousands of other weather balloons launched every day), and drop it once the winds carried it over a suitable target city.

It's not as "sexy" as a Cessna or Learjet buzzing low over a terrified populous. But it's unexpected and difficult to develop counter-measures against.

As to your specific question;

If you nuke Israel, you can count on the combined might of the US military to hunt you down, most likely Before you even have a chance to celebrate your attack.

But, if you hit the US First, you can count on the "Shock and Awe"-effect to delay the US response. The country will want, no, NEED to recover from its pain and horror, gather and assess its dead, and argue about an "appropriate" response before it gets around to hunting you down.

Precious days in which you can execute your next gruesome atrocity.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

They have had eight years to pull any kind of stunt they want.
The ME Muslims have tried nothing.
There is no evidence in any court of law that they did anything on 911.
I suggest you watch a you tube film called ---Who killed John O'Neill.
Probably not a good idea to give out potential terrorist attack plans.
If one you describe hits the jackpot you will most likely be spending
time with some FBI or CIA folks.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I would agree that any threat posed against the American populace, by WMD's at least, is not likely to come from a bunch of ME cave-dwellers.

And have no fear for my safety. The authorities are already well aware of who I am and what my intentions are. I've been vetted.

My hope is that they've paid attention.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
I agree with jackflap. We have systems in place to detect nuclear devices all around the globe. Even the smallest hint of plutonium or uranium that has been weaponized is detectable. I will chalk this up to urban legend, and pray that I am right.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by PokeyJoe]

If they are detecting radiation, every x-ray machine and MRI scanner would show up on them, surely?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
While I would like to think our satellites and radiation detection capabilities are significant, I doubt it. Like any system, they have their good days and their bad days, depending on many external variables.

The nature of these "suitcase nukes" is a great unknown. On purpose.

To suggest that a determined group couldn't get them to where they want them is wishful thinking.

Thanks to every modern President, our border with Mexico is as porous as any border could be. You could infiltrate an army through our border, but I really take case with Bush not sealing it up as he was clearly made aware of the new dangers.

The yield isn't critical. It's what they surround the device with. Or salt it with that makes them more destructive.

October.

For whatever reason, from every point of the compass, insiders and experts in unrelated fields are reporting something may happen in October. It's uncanny how many disciplines are independently arriving at the same period.

We can assume they're all mistaken. We can all hope that football season will not be interrupted by more damn Muslims.

Of course we can all laugh this off and discount it entirely.

Or - we can just try to be a bit more aware and prepared - just in case.

I would love to see someone with the data start a thread and dissect the capabilities and characteristics of these supposed suitcase nukes.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

There's no way they have a way to track ALL nuclear bombs and material anywhere. If they did they would pull up all this evidence on Iran they are in such a hurry to prove is doing bad things with their power plants.

This sounds like a plan that could be done in secret without alerting anyone until it's too late. Sat's would have to be moved into correct orbits to "see" the right spot and they would have to know where to look like mentioned above.

If they do everything by the book and raise no suspicions to make anyone think they are just our for a day trip then what could we do to stop this? Not much it seems.

Every year though there is speculation about an October surprise and every October comes and goes with nothing happening. Not to say this time won't be different but who knows.

If this does happen I would expect it to happen either this Friday (when Ron Paul is talking about getting rid of the Fed) or like everyone says, at some point in October. But we have to realize that an attack most likely will not come when any of us think it will.

9/11 was a surprise to everyday normal Americans (not people in the government, or spies, etc). I really can't see us accurately predicting the next attack but it is good for us to try though.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I've been hearing about rumors of suitcase nukes ever since 9/11. Every week leading up to 9/11 the National Enquirer always runs a story about another attack on America on 9/11. its been 8 years still nothing. This story about Russian missing nukes is nothing new. If they had it they would have used it by now.

Remember that 90% of attacks on America are done by our own government or with the governments knowledge of it. This Suitcase nukes scenario seems highly unlikely to me.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
First, I agree the old Soviet "suitcase" nukes are a non issue. Those are the only ones confirmed missing, and take a team to maintain, and would be so much "dirty material" now---though that could also be a concern.
Second, the current iteration of small nukes are fast deploy items-----meaning easy to detect without a bunch of shielding to avoid detection.
The only places currently available for targets of a portable nuke are, IMHO, seaports. A ship can carry enough shielding.
On the plus side, though many ships are un-inspected, those with questionable origins or stops along the way are watched quite closely, I would assume.
Any detonation would be a one off affair, as someone could only get away with it once, and would have to be an action of a nation with the resources to finance and hide it.
Not by a bunch of terrorists on the run.
I highly doubt a nation---even N.Korea, would risk such a blatant and ineffective provocation.
The death toll would be high, yes, but the majority of the U.S. military might would be ready to react almost instantly.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Actually it could be argued that it's more the Jew's homeland but I guess that's not a popular stance.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I had a dream a while back ago of some crazy jihad terrorist announcing targeted US cities that would be attacked. Most of them were obvious targets but a couple of them were places I've never heard of before. One specific name I remember was "Thornville" but I'm not sure of the spelling. Anyone know of a place that sounds like that with some kind of significance for terrorist to attack?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Selection of U.S. cities, namely NY, DC, Chicago, Vegas, Houston and Miami.

There would be little loss if they hit the centers of some of these cities.
a large % of there populations are bottem feeders any way.

I don't see a air attack.
What i see is a attack on a major seaport with a suitcase bomb ether on a ship (cargo container) or attached to the bottom of the hull.

The best way to time a bomb in a cargo container would be to put a detector on the bomb that would detonate it when home land security scanned it with there X-ray scanners.
That would put the device right in the center of most ports.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

On the plus side, though many ships are un-inspected, those with questionable origins or stops along the way are watched quite closely, I would assume

Not really. Do you you know how many containers of goods come into the ports of the US every day? It would be impossible to search, or inspect them all, and in fact they aren't. I worked for a few years post 9/11 for a large shipping company. I specifically handled shipments from the Middle East. Lots of old military equipment, expired rations, and once, a 40' container of human hair. Inspections occasionally happened, but a vast majority of containers came off the ship, into the container yard, and onto the trucks with no inspections whatsoever. The ports are a major weakness in your defense ( and not just in the US ). I don't doubt that bad guys all over the world know this very well. Whether they want move drugs, weapons, or human hair a container is the way to go.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar

I would agree that any threat posed against the American populace, by WMD's at least, is not likely to come from a bunch of ME cave-dwellers.

And have no fear for my safety. The authorities are already well aware of who I am and what my intentions are. I've been vetted.

My hope is that they've paid attention.

Correct. Unfortunately they are setting the stage again today as we speak.
My hope is that if they do another false flag anytime soon--- The world will be watching with HUGE magnifying glasses. Taking names and kickin butt.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join