It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Hiroshima about to unfold

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Not sure what I feel about this. We've all heard rumors now for a number of years about an alleged jihadi plot called "American Hiroshima" that would set off suitcase nukes in one or more American cities.

I seem to remember that this was supposed to happen in 2005, maybe even '06. The debateably valid WorldNetDaily was a big trumpeter on this scenario.

Now we have someone else detailing what he sees as Al Qaeda's "American Hiroshima" plan. And perhaps this person is the most worrying because he knows his stuff.

It's Daniel Hill, the converted Muslim who warned of both the first WTS bombings and of 9/11

Hill fought alongside the Afghans against the Soviets. And he also has been deep in the fanatical Muslim world providing intelligence to the U.S.

It was Hill who converted to Islam as a young U.S. Army paratrooper stationed in Beirut in 1958. It was Hill who learned fluent Arabic. It was Hill who joined the Mujahedeen Freedom Fighters in Afghanistan and fought the Soviet invasion there in the 1980s. It was Hill who personally met Osama bin Laden. It was Hill who used information from Islamic extremists to warn Rescorla that terrorists would use the underground parking garage for a car bomb attack on the World Trade Center. It was Hill who asked the U.S. government to assist him in an assassination attempt on bin Laden in 1998 (the request was rejected). And it was Hill who warned the FBI just weeks before Sept. 11, 2001, that his Mideast contacts told him "something big" was about to happen in the United States, in New York, Washington, D.C., or Philadelphia — maybe all three.

This time, terrorists will detonate a series of Russian-acquired suitcase nukes while flying in small airplanes over a selection of U.S. cities, namely NY, DC, Chicago, Vegas, Houston and Miami.

Take this warning for what you will. Hill said the attack is "imminent." This article was published on Sept. 5. I will concede though that the "attack was imminent" in both 05 and 06 as well, so you know...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I hope there is no truth to this. Here are some comparisons.

NationalTerrorAlert.com

The Pu-239 weighs 10.5 kg and is 10.1 cm across. It doesn’t take much more than a single critical mass to cause significant explosions ranging from 10-20 tons. These types of weapons can also be as big as two footlockers.
The warhead of a suitcase nuke or suitcase bomb consists of a tube with two pieces of uranium, which, when rammed together, would cause a blast. Some sort of firing unit and a device that would need to be decoded to cause detonation may be included in the “suitcase.”
Another portable weapon is a “backpack” bomb. The Soviet nuclear backpack system was made in the 1960s for use against NATO targets in time of war and consists of three “coffee can-sized” aluminum canisters in a bag. All three must be connected to make a single unit in order to explode. The detonator is about 6 inches long. It has a 3-to-5 kiloton yield, depending on the efficiency of the explosion. It’s kept powered during storage by a battery line connected to the canisters.

The largest known variants of these devices has a yield of 3-5 Kilotons.

The Hiroshima Blast, although not accurately recorded, is believed to be around 15 Kilotons.

One place to look

A nuclear blast would be a terrible, terrible thing. Of that, there is no argument. Several of them simultaneously would be an enormous blow.

I certainly hope we don't see this one come true.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Reminiscent of Jericho. I find "The Colony" a very interesting programming choice also, especially with that homeland security guy saying ""we are on the precipice of disaster"" A " training video" for what they think is coming maybe?.....

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The suitcase nukes are so old they are usless at this point unless somebody that knows how to take care of them and has access to the supplies. The ones supposidly missing from the old USSR are a non issue

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I doubt this could happen. We have satellites with radar detection capabilities. Those nukes would show up easily. This to me seems like another way to keep people cowering and unsure. Ready to do whatever it takes to root out this shadowy network that no one can really find. I wouldn't worry about this at all. Take it for what it is, a control mechanism for the masses. Slimy elites positioning their pawns.

Edit to add star and flag. I know this is an old topic but it was presented again in the media, so good find.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_am_Spartacus
Reminiscent of Jericho. I find "The Colony" a very interesting programming choice also, especially with that homeland security guy saying ""we are on the precipice of disaster"" A " training video" for what they think is coming maybe?.....

Can you source that or elaborate? I'm not familiar with this.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I agree with jackflap. We have systems in place to detect nuclear devices all around the globe. Even the smallest hint of plutonium or uranium that has been weaponized is detectable. I will chalk this up to urban legend, and pray that I am right.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by PokeyJoe]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
I doubt this could happen. We have satellites with radar detection capabilities. Those nukes would show up easily. This to me seems like another way to keep people cowering and unsure. Ready to do whatever it takes to root out this shadowy network that no one can really find. I wouldn't worry about this at all. Take it for what it is, a control mechanism for the masses. Slimy elites positioning their pawns.

Edit to add star and flag. I know this is an old topic but it was presented again in the media, so good find.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by jackflap]

How are small nukes on small planes going to show up on satellites? Are you saying the satellites have RADIATION detection capabilities? They would all have to have that to be 100% secure as there would be huge gaps in flyover times if only a few had it. Also The "white noise" from thousands of sources could very easily wash out something so small until the last minutes before its too late.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes

Originally posted by I_am_Spartacus

Can you source that or elaborate? I'm not familiar with this.

The Colony, Discovery Channel, Tuesday nights, 10 pm.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by behindthescenes

God help them if they dentate a Nuclear device on American Soil. Especially if they do not decimate the government and the military in there first strike. Who ever was left would press the button and turn the Middle East in to a Nuclear Holocaust worse then Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

And as scared and confused as the Nation would be I imagine China and Russia would also be another target.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by I_am_Spartacus

Very good points I_am_Spartacus. The thing is, they would have had to have been brought here and staged for a time before the whole thing came together. We would have picked them up. As for them being detected while in flight, I have no idea. I don't know if they'd be detected.

Something like that would have a lot of maintenance required too. The radiation would destroy the mechanisms of such a small device pretty quickly without constant attention. It is just unlikely I believe. They would be awfuly expensive too.

link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Actually it would be typical of the united states to attach the entire middle east even if its a Canadian who sets up the bomb. You have been told the evil is the middle east so you believe it.

Do you remember when it was the Chinese? The Russians? Cubans? Columbians? Black people in general?

You are so being played.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Copernicus]

link   

Posted alreayd, numerous times

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Posted alreayd, numerous times

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, okay. Never mind.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Yeah, we know but it was just spewed from the media recently which is why the thread was started and discussed again. Not a bad find either.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
I agree with jackflap. We have systems in place to detect nuclear devices all around the globe. Even the smallest hint of plutonium or uranium that has been weaponized is detectable. I will chalk this up to urban legend, and pray that I am right.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by PokeyJoe]

I'd like to trust & believe my govt was on top of scanning every foot of US soil 24/7.. but we also had systems in place to detect stray airplanes (NORAD) flying over US soil on 9/11... the best we had was allegedly outsmarted by a handful of box-cutter wielding dirt urchin cave people.

I have no doubts someone somewhere has thought of the small plane suitcase nuke-a-US-city scenario.. its simple, cheap, easy & effective.. all we can do is hope 'they' don't get the opportunity.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

We have the ability to detect high-velocity spin-off particles from enriched uranium (necessary for nuclear devices). Due to the small size and velocity of these particles, no amount of shielding can block them: not lead, not earth (sub-terrainian). Radiation hazards from these particles are minimal due to limited quantity. Our satellites are fool-proof in detecting and pin-pointing the locations of enriched uranium throughout the world.These satellites were developed by Science Applications International Corporation which would make an interesting thread i might add (they developed milstar program) .This is a group of scientists That the government contracts out to develop all kinds of new technologies and assess threats to the united states and counter them.

The only way this could be achieved would be to destroy our satellites and if this happens we have bigger problems.The only threat that would be a dirty bomb using material that has been contaminated with radiation. And this threat is more mental then physical since the area can be cleaned and any side effects would take years if not decades.

PS This means 0 threat from suitcase nukes and as i saw somebody else point out earlier without care they become useless.

[edit on 9/19/09 by dragonridr]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The US having a radar that can spot or track every Nuke around the world is a bunch of bull.

The US couldn't even confirm at first if North Korea really tested a nuclear device a few years ago. I guess the only support given that it really was a nuclear device was done by a Richter scale. Then later a satellite "not American" could actually measure the radioactive debris over the blast site.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

What are you talking about in case you didn't know China sent an emergency alert to Washington, D.C. through the United States embassy in Beijing at which time President George W. Bush was told by National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley "shortly after" 10 p.m that a test was imminent.We knew before they tested the nuke!

PS why do you think China considered it an emergency to alert us they knew we would detect it!

[edit on 9/19/09 by dragonridr]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I can offer no proof, but I was told that either a regional or national meeting (DHS?) of Chief's of Police occurred within the last 2-3 months alerting them as to what to expect in the near future. It was not good.

I don't what was said, but on August 6th LAPD Chief of Police, William Bratton unexpectantly announced his retirement, mid contract, to accept a position with a national security outfit.

On August 13th, Long Beach, CA. Chief of Police Anthony Batts announced he was leaving his post to be C.O.P of Oakland, CA.

What these men saw and heard must have made a big impression. As far a Bratton goes (from an inside source) he did not want anything to do with what may be in our future, here in Los Angeles. LAPD officers are a bit concerned, to say the least.

Same for Chief of Police Batts?

Have any of our other ATS members "lost" their Chief of Police in the last couple months?

It may just be a coincidence or an "orderly" escape from Dodge (large cities). Is there a connection?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join