It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN scandal growing, third video made public

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

ACORN scandal growing, third video made public

www.examiner.com...

The hits just keep coming for ACORN. Last week two undercover videos surfaced showing ACORN employees giving advice on how to avoid paying taxes and start up a prostitution ring with underage girls illegally smuggled into the U.S. This morning a third video was made public.

Filmaker James O'Keefe and aspiring journalist Hannah Giles posed as a pimp and prostitute and went to several ACORN offices. They were asking for low income housing loans and tax advice. The first video to be released was from ACORN's Baltimore office.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

This after ACORN was claiming that this investigator edited the footage and claimed he went to other ACORN offices and was turned away. A claim he denies. In fact, I'd be willing to be he has a lot more of these tapes.

ACORN is now trying to sue the investigator, James O'Keefe.

The MSM continues to completely ignore this story. Which pretty much puts a rest to the debate over if the MSM is bias or not. There has been irrefutable evidence for a while now, but this is icing on the cake.

www.examiner.com...

www.nypost.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Actually I don't think what the guy and gal did was unlawful. Primetime Live on ABC used the exact same tactics against Food Lion more than a decade ago. They exposed illegal practices that endangered public safety. Primetime Live never got in trouble.

You can not use wire tap laws in this situation. Even if the Baltimore lawyers thank you can. The videographer made no physical contact with any of Acorn's communications devices. All he did was tape a conversation between himself and the other parties involved. In a lot of places as long as one person is aware the other party doesn't have to know.

I hope any judge that gets the case will throw Acorn out on their collective ###es.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

These people are ridiculous, how could anyone be so stupid as to give illegal info to someone admitting using kids for prostitution. Beside her obvious stupidity to encourage something like this, her suggestion is hilarious.

Talk about one of the oldest drug dealer tricks. This is so bogus it is comical really. If you ever see the DEA bust a house they always are out in the yard with metal detectors looking for buried stuff.

They need to be embarrassed and put out of business. Using tax payer money to counsel pimps on how to pimp underage girls....really!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
There is no conspiracy uncovered here. These ACORN employees are just regular working people.. Most likely they'll loose their jobs. For what? To prove what? To serve the egos of the makers of this film. This feels more like "candid camera" than an undercover investigation. It's a waste of time.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I wouldn't put the whole organization down based on the behaviour of a few of its employees; although its hiring and training practices are certainly questionable.

Having said that, I find it absolutely astonishing that that woman was prepared to go along with the scam. At first I thought maybe she just didn't believe prostitution should be illegal, and I agree with that, but to not object when underage children were to be involved is outrageous.

This project may have only been a witch hunt, but in this case they actually found one.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
these videos were just in a previous post...i was writing in it about a half hour ago. how many seperate posts must we have of these videos and this subject. and "WIMBLY" was an active participant in that post.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I wouldn't put the whole organization down based on the behaviour of a few of its employees; although its hiring and training practices are certainly questionable.

Why do you guys keep acting like these are isolated incidents? We have people from across the country, reciting the same advice. Thats whats called "standard Operating procedure". That means someone is teaching them this.

These latest scandals are just the newest. ACORN has legal problems and scandals going back a decade!

reply to post by jimmyx

I posted this right after the post in breaking political forums. It wasn't there when I started making this post.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This was on the cover of the newspaper today in NYC. I suppose this story is gaining "national attention". Even though I know it's supposed to be a dig at Obama because of his affiliation with them, I still think it's good that they're exposing this type of corruption.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Also to note, that when recording conversations of a criminal nature no party needs to be informed. The rule of one person is applied only to civil issues. This clearly criminal and the information no matter how it was obtained can be used in court.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Don't forget that the laws of evidence collection apply to officials.

Unless it can be proved that these two were employed by LE, that argument will not wash.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It's these two young adults have return my pride in American Undercover Investigations and Real News Reporting like our MSM used to do before Cable MSM took over aprox 20 years ago. This is so awesome and anybody who defends ACORN and their emloyees feeling sorry for those who lost their job as innocent victoms need to remember that our tax dollars has been funding this crap since 1994. It's not all about Obama!

I totally agree with the FACT that it has not only happened at one, not two, not even three as these two have more videos that will be released very soon not only about ACORN but also about how currupt the Clinics for Family Planning funded by our tax dollars as well as funded by BILL GATES of Microsoft.

These two young adults have my FULL respect and support.

[edit on 06/03/2009 by Rams59lb]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
In never ceases to amaze me how people willingly go down the 'just a few bad apples' path whenever a particular kind of organization gets exposed being less than honorable.

Personally I think it's more appropriate to assume there may be a few good apples in the bunch, but the institution is a function of the 'get even' (or revenge) mentality that spurs its creation.

As far as the legality of the journalist, like in most states (I think) you can't 'entrap' someone unless you are a law enforcement person. Journalist have been doing this kind of stuff since the 20th century began (and probably earlier still.) They have defended themselves unwaveringly and been applauded loudly for being the 'whistle blower' when no one inside the institution would, or could, do it themselves.

To vilify the effort now, simply because it is a favored organization of the administration, or because it's membership fits into a certain category seems less than above board.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Wow the plot thickens
A few bad apples in at least three of acorns offices is a good start. You'd think that acorn would be smarter than that. This just priceless
On a side note I love the guy dressing like a old school pimp.
Talk about sticking out like a sore thumb

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Savage Khan
There is no conspiracy uncovered here. These ACORN employees are just regular working people.. Most likely they'll loose their jobs. For what? To prove what? To serve the egos of the makers of this film. This feels more like "candid camera" than an undercover investigation. It's a waste of time.

Are you an illegal alien, pimp, prostitute, or drug dealer? Regular working people eh? Not where I come from. Regular working people do not conspire to break the law. But folks in your neighborhood may view life a little differently.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Savage Khan

I would disagress with you on the no conspiracy uncovered here. It has been reported time and time again about how ACORN has been involved in more than one suspected illegale activity, is currently being investigated in 14 different states. What are they hiding? I believe that there is more that is going on than what is stated, and consider this, if you will: If it was a one time thing, then yeah I would agree that there is no conspiracy, but when you also add in that this is not the first time, 3 different videos at three different times with the same story, as well as, allegations of voter registration fraud, and that every time someone in congress puts forth to have ACORN investigated it is shut down equally fast kind of makes you wonder what is going on. I read the statement that was put forth, and after weighing everything that has been put out there I think that ACORN needs to be investigated as well as all of its books reviewed. Taxpayer money should not be used to promote illegale and immoral behavior at any time. Had the statement issued stated in it that they were not only going to do a massive training but also condones the activities that were stated in the video tapes and does not support such activities would have been better than we are going to sue and take legale action. To take legale action, means that they automatically come under judicial review of all records. It should be interesting to watch this unfold. If they do not persue it legally, then it just only confirms that they are doing something illegale.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is GREAT..I lOOOOVE IT BRING MORE!!!

These two kids got more stones than most of our tv messiahs..What really gets me is that naysayers of these videos would scream and yell FOUL if someone openy claimed corruption of ACORN..The MSM would hoist them up by there nuts claiming racism...

Back to the show...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Yes! Tape number 3!
Maybe we should stop giving Acorn tax payer $$$.
Guilty .....Guilty......Guilty!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet that ACORN has it's security forces interviewing every single office to see if others have visited with similar questions about certain issues that might lead to more video's in a string to slowly show the depth of the criminal activity involved with ACORN. I would not be surprised that more videos are available to be shown as more and more of the execs in ACORN try to spin the truth of their criminal organization. I guess we'll just have to wait and see but Brietbart is no fool and neither are the two that pulled this off!
Zindo

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
With billions of taxpayers dollars at stake I expect these two to wind up disappeared never to be seen from again. I hope these guys have good bodyguards.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join