It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's right with America?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Things I love about America:

-Coca Cola Classic
-Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer
-The best cars in the world!
-Rock n' Roll
-Country Music (the old stuff!)
-my 28 mile drive through endless fields of golden grain to get to work everyday
-Video Games!!!!
-College!

And that's just a few...

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think the thread reflected perfectly a typcial american problem. You tend to think that you have very much of the "best"-whatever in your country.

Though, how can anybody say this if you haven't visited the world yet? And Americans aren't big into learning about other cultures and countries

Nevertheless America has accomplished so many great things, we can't list them all, even to try it would be wasted time - it is just too much good and cool things.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
I think the thread reflected perfectly a typcial american problem. You tend to think that you have very much of the "best"-whatever in your country.

I'm sure the same could be said of anyone in any country.

It's called pride... and yes it's dangerous but honestly this country didn't get to where it is today by a bunch of people that didn't think that the U.S. was the best. I'm not trying to offend anybody here, although I'm sure I will, which only proves my point that everyone has at least some amount of pride in their country.

I can say though that if I lived in Germany I would think that Germany was the best country in the world, and in some aspects it is.

Every country in the past has done both despicable acts and good acts, we try to learn from the bad and keep up the good.

Again I'm not trying to offend anyone or any country. I'm just trying to point out the role of national pride in our identity.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The funny thing with us Germans is that in many many aspects we see Germany to be the most worse.

Economy?! Oh my god! We are at the end!!!

TV?! We have the worst TV in the world!
Unemployment?! Everybody has more people employed than Germany.

...really. We tend to draw things 10 as worse as they actually are. We are the other extreme
- we should meet in the middle, hehe.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Yellowstone gysers. Alaska's Inside Passage. Kodiak brown bears fishing. Rock concerts in the Gorge in Washington St.. My freedom to go see all these things.

Football on autumn Saturdays (apple cup in particular). Pro football on Sundays in December (when every game matters).

Baseball in August. Pennant races...haven't seen one for the Mariners for a while but things are looking better this year. So maybe? Hope springs eternal.

How we strive, as a nation, not to repeat the same mistake in the same way. Not always successful, but we try. No where else on earth, do we air our dirty laundrey for the rest of the world to see, and kibbitz on.

There is so much right with my country that it more than balances out the actions of a few.

This was a serious bump. I had no idea it was soooooo old.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by seagull]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
FFA( Future Farmers of America)

4-H

Rodeo.

Cowboys and yes,yes yes, Cowgirls!

The Quarter horse.

Mechanized agriculture. Gotta' love those John Deere tractors.

The United States Marine Corps!

Roper

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Our freedom, the principles behind our existence. We've hit some rough waters, and a couple people have screwed up, but America still stands as a beacon of hope and liberty.

And for the record, I see our involvement in World War I and II as entirely negative things.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Democracy is right with America.

If Bush is re-elected the polls are rigged beyond doubt,or Americans are..misled.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by aylyan
Democracy is right with America.

If Bush is re-elected the polls are rigged beyond doubt,or Americans are..misled.

Bush can not run again. This is his second term.

Roper

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
My mistake,I thought he was up for his second term.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
My ability to take a road trip for a week and never be questioned about what I'm doing. Being able to buy a home relatively easily and do just about what I want to with it. Being able to voice my opinion on anybody and anything anytime I want. Freedom is what's right with America.

We must be doing something right; people are dying to get in but if a person doesn't like it here they can just leave.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by gallopinghordes]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join