It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post: Black only event calls protesters racist

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Just curious, was the recent story/report concerning children and racism ever posted here? If so did it get it's own thread or was it in the form of a post?

[edit on 16-9-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

That's the problem, you got it dead on. The problem is that no one is going to believe it until they see it, just as i said. Too many people, some on ATS, are in straight up denial.

They don't want to believe that fact that since obama looks like he's black, it's added an extra layer of tension towards the white house.

The government is using his race as factor for as long as they can. As long as they can say "hey he's racist" and get people to start pointing fingers, they will. It's just a diversion tactic that all. While we fight amongst ourselves, they can continue to do what they do, which is what they've been doing all along. It seems to me that TPTB know this country very, very well.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Sure you were, pal. Common sense says to talk to the teacher, the T.A. or consult those stapled sheets of paper handed out at the begining of class.

Common sense says that you find out what the context of the conversation was before you make half-assed suggestions about who/what she should consult.

Maybe they were working on a group project. Or maybe he was just hitting her up. But you come along like some kind of teacher's aide wannabe and try to intimidate her with your pompous attitude.

It also says to put people in their place with tact and grace.

Say WHAT??? Who are you to put anybody in 'their place'?

Kinda presumptuous of you, isn't it pal? To think that you somehow have the right or the capacity to put anyone here 'in their place'?

And language like this -

"Yes you are entitled to your opinion, however warped and misinformed it may be, but you should do yourself a favor and follow the advice given"

shows a distinct lack of tact and grace.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by EMPIRE

Common sense says that you find out what the context of the conversation was before you make half-assed suggestions about who/what she should consult.

No, common sense suggests you state the context of the conversation if you’re going to cite it as an example of stepping outside your comfort zone or complain about it—she didn’t do this. Common sense also states that you use the word if when clarity has been omitted—I did this. Common sense also says you don’t go ranting and raving about how the girl may have been attacked for putting the other girl in her place, without knowing what actually happened. Due on your ill experiences, you made a sweeping generalization and imply all black women behave in a violent fashion or have animosity.

Maybe they were working on a group project. Or maybe he was just hitting her up. But you come along like some kind of teacher's aide wannabe and try to intimidate her with your pompous attitude.

If they were working on a group project, and the actions of the other young woman were unjustified, the young woman complaining should have stated something to the offending party. Why should she have done this? Her grade, not ego, is on the line here. Read that again so it sinks in.

In regards to a teacher’s aide wannabe, how do you know I’m not speaking from experience as a TA? Moreover, and this is the great part, how do you know I’m not a teacher? LOL! And no one is trying to intimidate her, in fact, she is the one who attempted to intimidate me by telling me what school she’s been to, what states she has visited, and questioning me about my experiences (as if they were even relevant to begin with.)

However, critical reading and analysis eludes you, so I can’t truly blame you for confusing logic--and the ability to convey the unhindered truth--with having a pompous attitude. I, however, can blame your environment and/or school district for this careless mishap.

Say WHAT??? Who are you to put anybody in 'their place'?

Kinda presumptuous of you, isn't it pal? To think that you somehow have the right or the capacity to put anyone here 'in their place'?

Well, so far in every exchange between the two of us I’ve done exactly that. We both know your ego won’t allow you to see the truth, but the ATS board has witnessed this obvious truth, so I no longer see the need to address it. However, I have the right, and capacity, as a member abiding by ATS rules to do exactly what you’re questioning. Moreover, I have reasonable cognitive skills, the ability to reason, wit, sarcasm, the ability to speak cogently and convey my thoughts, knowledge about race relations (a lot) and a functioning computer with internet access. Taken in totality, these things give me the right and capacity to do exactly what it is we both know I’m doing.

And language like this - "Yes you are entitled to your opinion, however warped and misinformed it may be, but you should do yourself a favor and follow the advice given" shows a distinct lack of tact and grace.

No, it doesn’t show a distinct lack of tact and grace. What it shows is my superb ability to give honest feedback in the face of adversity.

Try it one day.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

yes some people are racist ... but using a blanket to smother everyone? thats just as racist

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

In regards to a teacher’s aide wannabe, how do you know I’m not speaking from experience as a TA? Moreover, and this is the great part, how do you know I’m not a teacher?

It's pretty obvious that you aren't. Frustration and meanness don't make for good teachers.

Your interpretations are not based on any attempt at civil discourse. You seem to have a need to be high-handed whem you address people.

However, I wish you luck. There is still much time for you to learn, grasshopper.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

You are entitled to hold whatever opinions you desire. Does that mean your opinions have merit? No, because I've shown they don't, and I've shown they are rooted in racism and your hatred for black people (refer to previous post.)

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

You are entitled to hold whatever opinions you desire. Does that mean your opinions have merit? No, because I've shown they don't, and I've shown they are rooted in racism and your hatred for black people (refer to previous post.)

Perhaps your view had to do with hatred for white people? My charge has just as much merit as yours does.

I don't care if you're white either. Its been established that there are lots of white people that like to labels other whites as racist, as a way to gain favor.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
As this thread has degenerated into bickering between contributing parties, and is no longer discussing the actual topic, it is now closed pending further staff review.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join