It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post: Black only event calls protesters racist

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
It seems everytime I forget about the fact that Obama is half black, there is always someone to refresh my memory.
Why is that?
I can only imagine what will happen when he gets voted out of office.

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by Alxandro

The inner cities will burn.

OK.

So. Why would that be, exactly?

Did the pro-republican areas burn when Bush was voted out of office?

No.

So please, do explain exactly what you mean. You've piqued my interest.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

Uhhhh....I believe you've forgotten history. Bush has the lowest approval rating of ANY president in history. So to say that everyone just let him steam roll right ahead is utter nonsense. Then, to actually say they let him move his agenda ahead unchallenged because he's white -- ??

Further, not one person was considered racist for opposing Bush. Which many, many people did.

Lastly, since Bush left the country in such shambles, Obama -- or whatever person assumed control of the White House after the election -- faced a much greater challenge of restoring faith in this country.

Unfortunately, Obama has not delivered what many people -- from all races -- had hoped. THAT is the reason people are protesting. NOT because he's black.

You can be any color you want, but if you let down the American people, you're going to hear about it.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

No, you don't have a clue what it means to be white. Seriously, you are lying to yourself.

Sorry, but whites are the only people who have succeeded in throwing off the yoke of the PTB. If you have any knowledge of history you would know this. This is what made Europeans so successful. The Egyptians worshiped their leaders like gods, in Germany, when Mad King Ludwig spent too much money building fancy castles, the people broke into his castle, and hung him. That is the difference.

The same is also true that whites are the only people who, while still in a position of complete control, have willfully chosen to end slavery.

Oh, and the guy in the video is an idiot, a tool of the PTB.

Also, as school kids we are raised up celebrating other cultures, so why are you upset that in college they have parties that celebrate being Black or Mexican. Where is our British or Dutch heritage day? Or even European heritage day? How about a white history month. By the way, the history taught is completely programmed for the PTB, you will claim that history in school is always white history, but sorry, it is all a big scam.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

You asked a question, I answered, now you're telling me what the man should do. If you already knew the answer, or knew how you were going to respond, why ask the question?

Because your answer was inadequate. It only focused on how Barry could protect himself more. I don't care about him; I care about this nation.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I would like to interject at this point that the same people who hated Clinton, hate Obama, it really isn't a race thing, it is the current state of U.S. politics.

The bigger problem is that the prejudiced attitude of the left against white males does fuel the rage. Sorry, but this perceived "white Privilege" does not justify the systematic discrimination against white males that liberals support.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Lastly, this notion that all white people are somehow born into the millions of dollars that our grandparents stole from the blacks years ago, is utter nonsense. Any of that money is sitting or has sat or is being controlled by the White House. This goes for all of the black politicians as well. Equality and all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*sigh* All imma say is that money and it's regulation is controlled by the Federal Reserve, so that let's you know how wrong your statement is.

the above is your response to the quote above? to me it sounds very much like you arguing white people are rich becuase of the Federal Reserve?

[edit on 15-9-2009 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
We need to face the reality in this country that a minority of people want to change it for their lazy selfish wants.

Obama, Acorn and the rest of the no good lazy liberals need to take a back seat to the 270 million other people that actually want to work for a living or get an education to better themselves.

We are only talking about 30 million people without health insurance and I would suspect that most of those are the Obama supporting, Acorn perpetrating thug scum of society.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by northof8]

How did that minority of people win an election by a huge margin of the popular vote? If they're the lazy ones, how did they make it out to the polls to vote? Hint: They weren't at home watching Glenn Beck.

As Beck would say, "Labeling your political enemies as scum sounds fascist! Am I saying that Northof8 is going to be the next Hitler - probably!"

So, since colleges are full of that "liberal scum," I'd guess that why you never attended one. Good for you - there's a lot of books there, long ones with big words.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

I would like to interject at this point that the same people who hated Clinton, hate Obama, it really isn't a race thing, it is the current state of U.S. politics.

The bigger problem is that the prejudiced attitude of the left against white males does fuel the rage. Sorry, but this perceived "white Privilege" does not justify the systematic discrimination against white males that liberals support.

The people who hated Clinton didn't say that Clinton was an illegal immigrant from Kenya. They didn't assert with a strait face a 50 year old conspiracy that began with fraudulent birth announcement in a newspaper. They didn't make fake birth certificates and circulate them on the internet. They didn't discuss his status a secret illegal immigrant in front of millions of viewers on Fox News and CNN. They didn't question his press secretary on TV about his birthplace months after his taking of the oath of office during two wars and an economic crisis.

They harassed Clinton for having an affair with a large woman, which he did. The "left" doesn't have a prejudiced attitude against white males - I dislike myself for completely different reasons. The Glenn Beck viewers have an obsession with being afraid and feeling that "irrational people," a group composed of everyone who doesn't like Glenn Beck, are out to persecute them. Why? Because when "they" are out to "get you," it means that you must somehow be important or worth "getting." You're not - no one envies fearmongers and their followers. McCarthy had his day in the sun. The sun will set on Beck too.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Thread title:

Washington Post: Black only event calls protesters racist

Has anyone failed to note that the "Black Family Reunion" wasn't named 'Black Family' because the participants happened to be of African American origin...that is their NAME!!!

It is a well-known event, in DC. Over twenty years they've been showing up.

This time their experience was disrupted by the insanity of the "9/12" group.

Just asked a (white) guy this morning, who I knew attended. "How'd it go?"

He said, "Great! We had a couple hundred thousand. We have to get our country back!"

"Excuse me, what?"

"Get our country back", he said.

I have NO IDEA what that nonsense is supposed to mean..........

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

"Excuse me, what?"

"Get our country back", he said.

I have NO IDEA what that nonsense is supposed to mean..........

The democrats campaigned all over the country with that slogan in 2004. I suppose there is some excuse for why that was ok, right?

www.amazon.com...

You Have the Power: How to Take Back Our Country and Restore Democracy in America (Hardcover)

Apparently its only democracy if Democrats are in power.

www.independent.co.uk...

Howard Dean: 'You have the power to take our country back'

From a speech given by the Democratic candidate in Burlington, Vermont, after officially dropping out of the presidential race

reply to post by andrewh7

The people who hated Clinton didn't say that Clinton was an illegal immigrant from Kenya.

They did say he had his political opponents murdered though. Also, the popular sentiment from the left over the last 8 years was that Bush was not a legitimate president. Have you forgotten that already? I'm sure you have a reason for why that was ok though.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Because your answer was inadequate. It only focused on how Barry could protect himself more. I don't care about him; I care about this nation.

If the answers were “inadequate”, and that is a big if, the inadequacies may be attributed to the questions being inadequate. There is a term for people who do what you just did, and a term that describes the behavior, and if you’re familiar with rhetoric and debate you’ll obviously know what I’m referring to. In addition, take a refresher course on open and closed questioning you seem to need it. Now let us address your lack of critical reading skills, you’ll get a laugh out of this one, I’m sure.

You asked:

Question: do you think Obama is aware of the rising tensions? What should he do about it? Or is he using it to his advantage, as a distraction, even though it is tearing this nation apart?

To the first question I answered, “Yes he is fully aware of it.” Knowing this to be fact, how can you claim my answer was inadequate and focused on how Barry O could protect himself, when you asked a closed question, and I answered in the appropriate fashion?

Hold on it gets really better!

To the second question I answered with, “For starters, he should tighten security. However, he won’t be touched unless his handlers give the green light, and as long as he does what he is told, he’s in good hands.” You asked what should he do about it, but due to him receiving the most threats out of any president in U.S. history, which would make him aware of rising tensions (which is an element of your question) he should be concerned with his safety. Therefore, the answer is appropriate. Yes, this answer does focus on his safety, but since you made no distinction, your opened question was answered in a highly logical fashion relevant to rising racial tensions.

Here we are now, the last question!

I answered your question in the appropriate fashion with, “If he is using it as a distraction, it is because he is being told to use it as a distraction.”

In closing, two out of three of my answers had nothing to do with his safety. Therefore, you’re lying when you say my answer was inadequate and focused on his safety. However, I will once again point out that the answer that did involve his safety was highly reasonable and relevant to the questions.

Have a nice day! LOL!

[edit on 15-9-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

So in other words, you don't know.

Lot's of words there, but really nothing of substance.

Anyone else with any input? Does Obama realize the level of tensions that this racial rhetoric is causing? And what should he do to lessen the tensions? Or will he play the current situation to achieve his goals?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

reply to post by EMPIRE

Anyone else with any input? Does Obama realize the level of tensions that this racial rhetoric is causing? And what should he do to lessen the tensions? Or will he play the current situation to achieve his goals?

I answered your question appropriately, read the reply again.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

reply to post by EMPIRE

First, I believe that the racial tensions you are describing are a lot bigger in your head than in reality.

Second, if Obama did mention "racial tensions" it would be presidential suicide. He can not now call all of the WHITE PEOPLE that got him into office racists. People tend to forget that no President can get elected without the support of white people -- simply because of the number of white registered voters compared to other races.

Will there always be someone in this country that is racist? Yup. Do I think the majoity of Americans (keeping in mind elections are run by the majority) are racist? Hell no!

What do you really think? White people were not racist on election day, but suddenly have had an epiphany and are racist? Or do you think that the white people that voted for Obama only did so to show they are not racist? C'mon.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
reply to post by conspiracyrus

Holy crap i missed it ... the federal reserve is handing out money to white people? Man i wish i would have known.....

I never said that or came close. But "they" did make money selling coc aine to minorities so, in that regard i wouldn't be surprised.

Please note: I bolded the part of your quote I found most bothersome, but left the rest of it to avoid taking anything out of context.

So...the white people sold minorities drugs. Therefore, the white people caused the decline of minorities?

Question: Who the heck forced them to buy and take these drugs?
Answer: They did it to themselves. Somehow "personal choice" fails to enter into any of your arguments.

This is the problem. Nobody wants to take responsibility for their own actions.

Surrounded by gangs?

Well, then you must be forced to join one. OR -- you can take a stand, not join, and MOVE OUT. There is always another way.

Everybody else has more money and you want it?

Then steal it of course, or have it given to you because it is owed to you. OR -- go out and get another job to make the money you want to have!

This premise does not pertain to any paticular race. Instead, I would like to taut it as an overall reform method available to all races. Get a job -- get another job -- get as many jobs as it takes for you to buy/have whatever it is you feel you need.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
So, if the Afro-Americans had a march, like the Million Man March, and it had almost all blacks, that would be racist? Oh, thats' right, I forgot. It was racist. Oh well. Oh, and well under a million. So when the extremist left wing says that the million in DC recently were only a few thousand, that is kind of funny don't ya think? We know there were nowhere near a million at the Million Man march. BUT, the bureaurats and politicos know what they SAW. And they know their time is up.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Gregarious]

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Gregarious]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by redhead57

Parents who love their kids, and raise them right, bring people into this world that can understand and laugh.

Heck, as mixed as I am, people are SHOCKED that I'm a conservative.

I just think it soooo damn funny/ironic/sad is all.

Liberals would judge ME by the colour of my skin, before asking what party affiliation I belong to.

mike...you are old school conservative, someone that can think, and can also use logic, rather than vitriol. even though i'm a democrat and i may disagree with you on certain issues, we both realize the importance of sticking together as americans to make this country better. and i wish our politicians would be doing the same.

Jimmyx, I disagree with much of what you have written on ATS but the above comments to mike I have to agree with. I hope more of what you post is in this vain.

We all need to drop the Dem/Rep divide and conquer routine and start dealing with these issue as a single group of intelligent informed AMERICANS to change the course of our country. If we don't we're a lost cause and the pols know it.

As I have posted before, Obama played the race card "right out of the gate" so his goose is already cooked and we're all sitting back waiting to see who the real "RACISTS" in this country are.

Good post jimmyx

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by OpusMarkII
is it me or are whites being prodded and goated into hate?

look...there are millions of people that simply hate having a black president. and if you don't know this, you need to start doing some road trips. being a white male, and having traveled through the south, i have seen and heard this personally. christ, if you go up into the foothills of california which i had to do for my career before i retired, you see confederate flags in quite a few of the small towns, and they are quite open to explaining that the moved up in the hills to get away from the n*gg*rs that live in the big cities along the coast.

You may have ran across racist whites but there are also racist blacks in the South... dearie. It is not just one race within the southern region of the US that is racist.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Out of curiosity I would love to hear from a South African who experienced the ANC rise to political power and how it eventually won power. What it was like for whites after they claimed victory and was it better or worse for them ? I can only comment on what happened in Zimbabwe because I have talked to dozens of Ex-Pats from there who come to Australia to work and to escape the racism there against the whites.

Get ready white America your time in the sun is diminishing very quickly, because these 2 countries decent into "White Racism" happened very fast...in the blink of an eye!.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

You fail to take into account whites were the minority in SA. Such is not the case in America.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join