It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post: Black only event calls protesters racist

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It seems everytime I forget about the fact that Obama is half black, there is always someone to refresh my memory.
Why is that?
I can only imagine what will happen when he gets voted out of office.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

The inner cities will burn.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I don't believe in "reverse racism." What the media is doing to millions of white, black, hispanic, and asian anti-obama protesters is just plain ol' racist. This racism has reached major cable and network stations as well as America's most prominent newspapers. Obama, by talking about fear mongering and the 'tone of the debate' without acknowledging this trend is complicit in it. Way to go loser.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by snusfanatic]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by EMPIRE

ACORN, Rev. Wright, Van Jones, H. Gates, S. Sotomayor, New Black Panther Party, NIO, SEIU, etc.

ACORN is not a "black" group, Wright has been denounced, VJ resigned, Sotomayor isn't black, the NBPP blog was removed from the Barry O website, I have no idea about what you're referring to when you say "NIO" and the SEIU is not a black group.

Friend, you've failed miserably. Your exact words were, “black racists and black racist organizations”, yet when asked to support this claim you provide evidence that doesn’t support your premise. Again, who are these black racists you claim he surrounds himself with, and what are the organizations you speak of? Remember guy, you’re talking plural here, you said it I didn’t, so post black organizations not groups like Acorn. And while you’re at it, post black racists, not people who aren’t even black that have been confirmed by the SENATE.

Your post = MASSIVE fail.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GroundZero

Yea, this division thing is killing us. Both black and white are being robbed in this country and as long as we are trying to tear each others throat out, it leaves them safe and sound.

Why do you consider it utter trash? I hope you can back up your view points with more than conjecture.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I get the feeling that all of this constant racist rhetoric is going to cause this nation to overheat, if nothing is done to stop it. It's probably a good thing that summer is winding down, although winter will bring it's own set of economic woes with so many people out of work.

Question: do you think Obama is aware of the rising tensions? What should he do about it? Or is he using it to his advantage, as a distraction, even though it is tearing this nation apart?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

I get the feeling that all of this constant racist rhetoric is going to cause this nation to overheat, if nothing is done to stop it. It's probably a good thing that summer is winding down, although winter will bring it's own set of economic woes with so many people out of work.

Question: do you think Obama is aware of the rising tensions? What should he do about it? Or is he using it to his advantage, as a distraction, even though it is tearing this nation apart?

Yes he is fully aware of it. What should he do about it? For starters, he should tighten security. However, he won’t be touched unless his handlers give the green light, and as long as he does what he is told, he’s in good hands. If he is using it as a distraction, it is because he is being told to use it as a distraction.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

ACORN professes their blackness, and has cried racism over the investigations. He never did denounce Rev.Wright. He just distanced himself. I was distracted by the game. I should have included Latino racists, as well. The SEIU thugs at town halls were black. Typo, Nation of Islam. Because Van Jones resigned made it Ok that Obama picked him in the 1st place?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

reply to post by EMPIRE

ACORN professes their blackness, and has cried racism over the investigations.

When has ACORN professed their blackness? Can you link me to such professions? Acorn members may have made claims of racism, and those claims may or may not have been justified. However, as it stands now, ACORN is not a black organization.

He never did denounce Rev.Wright.

He didn’t? What is he doing in this vid?
www.youtube.com...

He just distanced himself.

See above.

I was distracted by the game. I should have included Latino racists, as well.

Excuses. So he’s surrounding himself with Latino racist yet the senate confirmed this Latino racist. Hmmmm…how does that work?

The SEIU thugs at town halls were black.

So that makes them a black organization? LMAO! If we utilize your warped and wacky “logic”, the NBA would also be a black organization as the majority of players are black. Do you realize how absurd your post looks/sounds? The SEIU is not a black organization. Do you even know what the SEIU stands for?

Typo, Nation of Islam.

Ok, I’m not one to come down on people for making typo’s I really didn’t understand what you meant by that. However, when has he surrounded himself with the NOI? Are they currently involved in anything remotely connected to him? Are they members of his cabinet? Are they his security team? Does he purchase bean pies from them? In what capacity does the NOI play when it comes to your President of the United States of America, Barrack Obama?

Because Van Jones resigned made it Ok that Obama picked him in the 1st place?

Aside from VJ not knowing he was a pawn, I’ve yet to find fault with his statements and position. BTW, in your OP you said he surrounds himself, not surrounded (past tense), so I once again ask who are these black racists and black organizations you refer to?

[edit on 15-9-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Yes he is fully aware of it. What should he do about it? For starters, he should tighten security.

I couldn't care less about his security and personal safety. He asked for the job.

What he should do is call off his dogs that are spreading this racist rhetoric. Start acting like a leader instead of a spoiled high schooler who is anxious about his popularity.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

What he should do is call off his dogs that are spreading this racist rhetoric. Start acting like a leader instead of a spoiled high schooler who is anxious about his popularity.

Call of the dogs? It's a matter of who you can trust. We all know that the president really don't have any power, it's all with the lobbyists. JFK got assassinated because he wasn't willing to play ball with someone.

Obama has got so many vacant positions in his office it's like swiss cheese..and i read that today!

Remember we are part of the machine and things happen automatically. More than likely he has no say on what's going on, his job is to a puppet er a president! (yea that's what i meant...
)

[edit on 15-9-2009 by cenpuppie]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

It was in the thread on the ACORN lawsuit against Fox.
If you had watched the video, rather than just search for a title, you would have seen how Obama denounced the statements made by the Rev, not the man.
It wasn't a fight worth fighting, so the Senate approved her. I guess you missed her statements about how Latino woman can decide cases better than a white male, or read about the New Haven case she helped decide, which was recently overturned by the Supreme Court.
I said racists and black organizations. The SEIU thugs who were dispatched to bash heads at town halls were black racists.

NOI connection-
link

If you don't think Van Jones is a racist, there's no point in continuing.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
First reply here so go gentle

I just want to point out something that I find bothersome. And of course I am always open to suggestions/debate regarding it.

According to Merriam-Webster
Racism is defined as : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Bigotry is defined as : a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Now I know that there are some people out there that actually fit 'racist', but I think the misuse of the word has diluted it to a point where it no longer means what it was intended to mean. Hitler was a racist and even here in this country's past, we had true racists, but seriously, the old white guy sittin on his rocker yellin at kids and even yelling 'racist' terms, is not racist, but rather a bigot.

I am no fan of the total destruction of the English language and true meanings of words. We have tons of bigots in this country...hell, I am sure there are somethings that I could be labeled as a bigot for, but that is because I understand that as a human being I have prejudices...whether taught through growing up or learned through society.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I think in common American vernacular, racism has replaced bigotry.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

I believe so to, just does not fit what people are actually doing nowadays. Hatred is not anywhere on the same level as having a feeling of an inherent superiority because of ones race.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Woo hooo! The situation is stirring up! You can bet somewhere, somebody WANTS it that way and that somebody had already envision this present result by design.

But EVERYBODY on here knows that hatred only breads hatred right? So why start with the wrong. Who started this divide as a way of life? Where does the ideology of racial supremacy comes from? Is it just human nature or is it an evil estrange to human nature?

And no, we don’t need another Gandhi or another M. L. K.
No we don’t need another hero, what we need to do now is let the devil dance so we can see who he/it is.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by EMPIRE

I couldn't care less about his security and personal safety. He asked for the job. What he should do is call off his dogs that are spreading this racist rhetoric. Start acting like a leader instead of a spoiled high schooler who is anxious about his popularity.

You asked a question, I answered, now you're telling me what the man should do. If you already knew the answer, or knew how you were going to respond, why ask the question?

reply to post by EMPIRE

It was in the thread on the ACORN lawsuit against Fox.

Link please.

If you had watched the video, rather than just search for a title, you would have seen how Obama denounced the statements made by the Rev, not the man.

If you knew anything about politics, you would know denouncing the statements is basically the same thing as denouncing the man. Barry O even said the relationship would never be the same, but hey, in your world the guy surrounds himself with all sorts of racist people you’ve yet to identify so anything is possible.

It wasn't a fight worth fighting, so the Senate approved her. I guess you missed her statements about how Latino woman can decide cases better than a white male, or read about the New Haven case she helped decide, which was recently overturned by the Supreme Court.

Another fallacy my friend, and I guess you missed the fact that the senate approved her, so exactly how is he surrounding himself with racist Latinos?

I said racists and black organizations.

No you didn’t. your exact words were:

He surrounds himself with black racists and black racist organizations. What do you expect?

The SEIU thugs who were dispatched to bash heads at town halls were black racists.

If this is true, how does that make the SEIU a black organization? If the so-called thugs were black, that simply means the SEIU hired black thugs to make heads roll. It does not mean the organization itself is black. Again, do you know how absurd your words are?

NOI connection-link

Who is this “insider” that gave this information? Was Obama in on the hiring process or did he know they were NOI? Were they hired based on their job performance or hired because of NOI affiliations? Is it illegal to hire NOI members? Does the federal government consider the NOI a hate group or racist organization?

If you don't think Van Jones is a racist, there's no point in continuing.

There is no point in continuing, but this is not due to my opinion about VJ, an opinion I’m within my right to hold. Moreover, this opinion is based on my understanding of the true context of racism and how it is different from prejudice, bias and discrimination. You lack the ability required to comprehend the differences of these terms, so I expect you to do the things you do. However, the truth of the matter is, there is no need to continue because you’re wordsmithing without realizing what it is you’re saying. You’ve gone from the claim that he surrounds himself with black racists and black racist organizations, all the way to changing it to include Latinos and groups that clearly aren’t black organizations.

LOL!

[edit on 15-9-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
reply to post by GerhardSA

Yea it isn't nice, not at all. But considering the foundation and the past of South Africa, it's a subject that won't go anywhere anytime soon as long as their are those out their determined to keep others down based on race, religion, or national creed.

I mean, you guys did lock up Mandela...

No...the old government (5 office terms and 40 years ago) locked up mandela. Most of our generations was not even born yet!
yet...we get what comes our way i suppose, as if we deserve it. Since of our fathers. not nice to pay for sh#$ you didnt do

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

"I mean, you guys did lock up Mandela..."

Who the hell are "you guys"?

But since you want to throw him in, I just got to say, I don't think he should be locked up either.............I think Nelson Mandela should be hung by the neck until dead. His wife, "Willy" to, and anyone else who is guilty of slowly burning another human being alive in what they call necklaceing.

If that psychotic, commie, Mandela is your hero, you need your head examined.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
We need to work to a non-racist society rather than an anti-racist society, if that makes any sense.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join