It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post: Black only event calls protesters racist

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I dont want to sound crazy, but I feel part of the agenda is to get more blacks to support "the system".. Growing up listening to rap music, the message has always been against "the system".

More and more commercials of many different companies are now using hip hop, and hip hop accents to sell their products.
I always thought it was rather stereotypical of especially McDonalds how they capitalised on this early on.

and like others have mentioned there use to be just as much racism within the black community concerning "light skinned"

Its good that people are getting more of a voice and oppurtunities to have a part in this, but I think it is being led by organizations that dont have the well being of the citizens in mind.

if the HC supporters and the HC criticisers could just come together and be one loud voice, we can get anything we want.
We would then see past "their need for bipartisanship" as a scam!

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Mailman]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Most black folk aren't interested in the Tea Party movement, because they don't pay taxes. ACORN does their accounting.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Oh no! Racism is such a big problem in America! We have to do something!

What can we do to make people stop being racist? We need to make a law against racism! We must have a way to penalize people for wrong thinking before it gets out of control and people start acting on it!

Yes! A thought crime bill will eradicate racism and help our society progress!

Seriously tho... I probably have some sort of racial conditioning, I suspect we all do, but I would not ever let prejudice of any kind be a motivation for my actions.

I think our justice system can adequately deal with those who violate others' rights, whether it is motivated by race or not.

I'm a little frightened by the passion of those on both sides of this argument. We have no control over the thoughts and emotions of others. Let's not get worked up about "racism", folks. I'm sure there are those in the government who would just love your permission to make more oppressive laws.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpusMarkII
is it me or are whites being prodded and goated into hate?

I am with you on that one. There is so much wrong with that Marxist punk in the white house, his race is the least important to consider. The constant bombardment of "you don't like him because of his race" is almost like they are zombies reading from a script. Even when proven wrong, they still don't miss a beat.

I am starting to believe he was put there for the purpose of creating a civil war. After all, order from chaos is a time proven formula TPTB use to get what they want. What would be more chaotic than a civil war?

If obomber can't produce one while he is alive, I wonder if the TPTB have considered him more valuable dead through assignation, then easily pin it on some "white supremacist"? Imagine the chaos!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It is true that white people who don't care for O's policies are considered "racist". Nevermind that a white person may actually not like the things the person does but does not dislike the person for themselves. It is all ridiculous! I have been saying for years, to those I personally know that the black family reunion is racist. How would it be if us whites had a white family reunion, do you think blacks would protest?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

He surrounds himself with black racists and black racist organizations. What do you expect?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by Alaskan Man

He surrounds himself with black racists and black racist organizations. What do you expect?

Here is his cabinent, how many blacks are listed? How many appear in the pic?

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
well being white and married to an hispanic women i can tell you that i've been called racist a few times by none other than "my wife" for simply disliking his ideas. She truly believes in everything he says. She tells me i don't agree because he's black, i simply reply: "You agree with him because he's not white".
This president is not really uniting much in my opinion because now anyone who disagree is a racist. And these every race is out to get the next.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

I didn't say anything about his cabinet.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
I have come to the point when I talk to folks about Obama and his policies and I am then reffered to as a racist..I look them straight in the eye and say as loudly as possible.... "You callin' me a racist??? Well Hell ya, I love NASCAR!!"

They gaze at you very strangely after that and walk away with a confused look on their faces! Works ever time!
Zindo

Zindo, it is tragically funny to me when we of Irish descent are looked at as "caucasian" and baselessly accused of slavery. Most folks don't know or ignore the history of Irish slavery.

We're just another "racist redneck".

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotrodturbo7

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
I have come to the point when I talk to folks about Obama and his policies and I am then reffered to as a racist..I look them straight in the eye and say as loudly as possible.... "You callin' me a racist??? Well Hell ya, I love NASCAR!!"

Well i love nascar too...Damn

Zindo, it is tragically funny to me when we of Irish descent are looked at as "caucasian" and baselessly accused of slavery. Most folks don't know or ignore the history of Irish slavery.

We're just another "racist redneck".

Well i'm french, not american, and i live in the US and i've had black folks askin me for reparation just cause i'm white, I WASN'T EVEN BORN HERE YOU DUMBSH*T!
i really hate that everyone feels like they deserve something now because of obama in the office. they simply can't stand up for themselves and simply base it on their color. I don't see the asian saying much, just workin hard and keepin quiet.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I remember a miniseries called THE Company that was on TNT back in the fall of 2007, a spy thriller which was pretty good. One of the American trained russian spies made a comment about america and that was "They are caught in a political and social system they don't know how to get out of". Our country have been one of intolerance for hundreds of years. One group cries racism and the other saying no it wasn't but failing to acknowledge the previous centuries or even decades ago blatant racism.

aworldofprogress.com...

I posted this link that many should read and understand what may be going on right now in regard to the craziness that is happening. It's called Conservative derangement syndrome, and when you read it it may hit a cord in not just blacks but us whites who are out there.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jcjace

Hah yeah i would actually like to see a statistic of people who actually had ancestors from the slavery period compared to the amount of immigrants... You would think there would be more immigrants than people who've lived here for 200 years

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

This should explain it

How the Irish became white

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin

Originally posted by mikerussellus

When losing an argument, flash the race card. *ding* And you automatically win.

This is exactly the tactic that they are running with. They have to know that their plan for America is so devoid of any reasonable logic that the only way they can win is to put their opponents on the defensive.

I have to say it's a brilliant political tactic but on the other hand it shows just how weak their ideas really are.

So, when Glenn Beck called Obama racist with a deep-seated hatred for white people, he was "losing an argument?" So, he knew that his "plan for America [was] so devoid of reasonable logic that the only way [he] could win [was] to put [Obama] on the defensive."

So, you think Glenn Beck's idea was a brilliant political tactic but really showed just how weak his ideas really are?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Was Kanye there?
I bet he went strait there after the award ceramony

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
If I were to try to publish an article in a scientific journal asserting that its findings could be generalized to the population of the United States, do you think that journal would publish it if my opinion was based on conversations with my spouse or a few other anecdotal examples I have come across in my life?

Does anyone else consider it ironic that these ATS posters are making statements about the attitudes of most if not all members of a minority group based on a few examples with a handful of individuals that happen to be salient in one's memory? So, you are technically make a racist presumption about a minority group as a basis for your argument that that racism is no longer a significant problem and is more often than not used as an inappropriate excuse for disagreement by minorities?

If you think [Insert minority commentator's name] wrong when he/she accuses you of being racist, how are you disproving this conclusion by claiming that this person's opinion is representative of the Black/Hispanic community? If you think that any particular commentator is wrong, that is one thing. It is another to argue that this person represents their entire race.

Maybe you see a Black guy on the news making what you believe is an illegitimate claim of racist treatment. What about all the Black people that you don't see on the news who haven't made any accusations of racism?

Of course you are only going to see complaints in the media. Why would they publish an article or televise a report on people who say everything's fine.

To argue that all claims of racism are wrong or that all members of a minority are prone to make inappropriate presumptions is ...... racist.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

Heh..check and mate!

2nd line

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

Holy crap i missed it ... the federal reserve is handing out money to white people? Man i wish i would have known.....

I never said that or came close. But "they" did make money selling coc aine to minorities so, in that regard i wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Pardon me while I clear my throat.....~~~~~divide and conquer]..... Ah, much better.

Some say "The Truth will set you free".

Should One convert?

Is there a Choice?

There is One choice.

29 Palms or 29 PSalms?

No riddle, just Truth.
Are You aware?
Though the Truth is burned in Stone, not merely 'written'.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Perseus Apex]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join