It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post: Black only event calls protesters racist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Oh, the irony. Another teachable example of so called "reverse racism" that has become to popular in modern society. The Washington post jumping on the anti-white bandwagon and demonizing tea party protesters as racists. How fitting that the people they interview come from a black only event called "Black Family Reunion".

www.washingtonpost.com...

Seeking Healing, Seeing Hostility
Some at Black Family Reunion Criticize Protests Against Obama

By Yamiche Alcindor
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, September 14, 2009

On Saturday, tens of thousands of protesters thronged to the U.S. Capitol to angrily accuse President Obama of taking the country in the wrong direction.

A day later, in the shadow of the Washington Monument, many participants at a much smaller gathering -- the 24th annual Black Family Reunion -- said the level of hostility toward the nation's first African American president had little to do with policy differences over health care or taxes and everything to do with race

Besides the blatant hypocrisy, notice how the article claims the all black event is "seeking healing". Its a view in to the mind of a liberal who believes racism against whites, is in fact progress.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

With stories like this constantly barraging the uninformed drones who only read liberal rags or watch MSM news programming, we are in for some trouble. They seem to be pushing class and race warfare into the face of the nation. Like it or not. The rally was more about our troubled government that it was about Obama. Obama is just a mouthpiece for the buffoons in power on the Hill.

My local Sunday newspaper didn't even mention the DC rally until page 12 of section A. If you only read the headlines and watch MSNBC, you would never know that the rally even happened.

The race card has been played to death and we are only 8 months or so into this administration.

To the Black Reunion folks, Obama is not Black. He is Mulatto.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

It's funny how I never think of Obama's race when thinking about him, but am constantly reminded of race nearly every time I hear from a supporter.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think the bigger hypocracy is from the writer of the article, who seems to want to suggest that 3 people interviewed represent all those at the "24th Annual Black Family Reunion", and then goes on to imply -- at least to me -- that these folks represent all opinions of blacks in general. Absurd.

The fourth person cited in the article as being interviewed (according to the link) said,

Alan Sims, 38, is a home improvement contractor. He supports Obama and the changes he's advocating, but he said criticism comes with the job. Obama's predecessor, George W. Bush, he said, was judged harshly by black Americans because he is white.

"Race is always," Sims said, "going to be a factor in American politics."

Race probably IS always a factor in politics, but I think it's a stretch even at that to imply that it's true for all people. Was George Bush judged harshly by a majority of black Americans ONLY because he is white? Or was that just the talking heads doing their thing? Why do we listen to these heads; what have they ever done for the unity and cohesion of the country?

I am a tawny beige American
Trust me when I say that I judged former President George Bush harshly on his policies and actions, and haven't EVER considered age, skin shading nor gender to be an acceptable variable for qualification of a politician. I suspect most Americans are the same.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
is it me or are whites being prodded and goated into hate?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OpusMarkII

Its not just you, that is exactly what is happening

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I am so sick and tired of all of this crap!

The terms racist and racism are becoming a joke now. Everyone is calling those that don't agree with their position racists, and this is just stupid! I also think the term reverse racism is a misnomer, racism is racism no matter who is carrying the bigot gene. IMHO

There is something going on under all of this. I just love how O is embraced by the black community when my half black and half white children, now adults, are always called "white" by their black peers. Not black enough for most blacks and certainly not white enough for whites. But the POTUS, now he is all black man...please.

The public face of acceptance of mixed race people by the black community is largely different than the real thing.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Isn't that like the pot calling the kettle bla. . . . errr. . . . beige?

The MSM is going on full alert these days.

ACORN-lets defame FOX and the kids who made the video
March on Washington-There were only 7 people there. The rest? A right wing conspiracy.
Healthcare-Call everyone who disagrees, racist.

In fact, if you want lower taxes, you must be a racist.
SD was at the rally in DC, (read his thread, is neat) so he must be a racist.
If you want less government in your life, you must be a racist.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Originally posted by redhead57
I also think the term reverse racism is a misnomer, racism is racism no matter who is carrying the bigot gene. IMHO

I agree. Well said.

Originally posted by redhead57
There is something going on under all of this. I just love how O is embraced by the black community when my half black and half white children, now adults, are always called "white" by their black peers. Not black enough for most blacks and certainly not white enough for whites. But the POTUS, now he is all black man...please.

The public face of acceptance of mixed race people by the black community is largely different than the real thing.

A fascinating point and well deserving of its own thread, imo.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

As someone who was called "high yellow" growing up, I couldn't agree more.

But this is the defense of the left.

When losing an argument, flash the race card. *ding* And you automatically win.

The utter panic in a party that has the White House, Senate, House of Representatives, is sad and fun to watch.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
There definitely seems to be a double standard these days. What gets me is that every year we have a 'music of black origin' awards ceremony and it gets a lot of media coverage... it always makes me ponder what the fallout would be if someone tried to do a 'music of white origin' awards ceremony and called it that... that definitely wouldn't be seen as acceptable and they would be seen as racist.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

When losing an argument, flash the race card. *ding* And you automatically win.

This is exactly the tactic that they are running with. They have to know that their plan for America is so devoid of any reasonable logic that the only way they can win is to put their opponents on the defensive.

I have to say it's a brilliant political tactic but on the other hand it shows just how weak their ideas really are.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

And to use this tactic so early in this administration is just indictitive of how much this administration and their lackeys in the MSM are floundering.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

As someone who was called "high yellow" growing up, I couldn't agree more.

Forgive me, but I've never heard that term before. I thought I'd heard 'em all. You needn't answer if you find it offensive or in anyway uncomfortable.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I was randomly viewing videos of the march and it was a sea of
white people. The odd thing is there were 2 black speakers in
the first 2 videos I watched. In a way that's kinda neat but
really felt odd.

Anyway, I watched more videos and saw less than a dozen
who weren't white. Huh?
Don't blacks care about the same issues as whites?

This might be a real problem if the PTB have divided us
down the lines of color to the point where whites and blacks
have oppposing political viewpoints.

How do we get through so everyone understands that they're
being played against each other? I think they want to start a
race war as things get harder and harder. Black or white,
a government run amok is the problem all Americans must
deal with and soon or we won't have a country left!

I'm sick of all the race baiting, the white apologist culture
in politics and the UNESCO-inspired multiculturalist mandates
that say America should be ashamed of it's heritage.

I know America was built on the bodies of native americans
and the backs of slaves. But it was also built on the exploitation
of white immigrant labor too. We have attained equal rights and
opportunity for more than a generation (as far as race is concerned)
and it's tiime to stop squabbling over the tidbits left over and
let's get together and go after the real problems were facing
like runaway spending, corporate profiteering and the insider
culture of Washington. America belongs to We the People, not
We the Rich. Black, white or whatever, it's our country and we
better get control of it and fast!

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OpusMarkII

I am white, as white as you get, and nothing can prod me or goad me to racism.

Nothing but myself that is.

So I fail to see how an article in the paper can cause racism in whites IF it did not already exist in their hearts in the first place.

So I say no that is not what this article is doing, I think the article is just trying to fill some space in the paper, since paper news is going the way of the Edsel and the Beta.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

A slang term for mulatto. Not sure where it's from. My grandmother (from Kentucky) used the term.

Here's Wiki's definition.

High yellow, occasionally simply yellow (dialect: yaller, yeller), is a term for very light-skinned multiracial people who also have African ancestry. It is a reference to the golden yellow skin tone of some mixed-race people. The term was in common use in the United States at the end of the 19th century and the early decades of the 20th century, and appears in many popular songs of the era, such as "The Yellow Rose of Texas".

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Please, show us another MSM article that paints any gathering as "racist", based solely on the skin color of the majority of the attendees. You wont be able to, because the MSM doesn't do that. They only demonize white people.

Were the may day tea parties painted as racist, because it was mostly Hispanics with Mexican flags? Was the million man march racist?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpusMarkII
is it me or are whites being prodded and goated into hate?

look...there are millions of people that simply hate having a black president. and if you don't know this, you need to start doing some road trips. being a white male, and having traveled through the south, i have seen and heard this personally. christ, if you go up into the foothills of california which i had to do for my career before i retired, you see confederate flags in quite a few of the small towns, and they are quite open to explaining that the moved up in the hills to get away from the n*gg*rs that live in the big cities along the coast.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
We'd probably be getting somewhere if race was a total non-issue. Whenever people start writing articles and talking about racism it only stirs further hatred from the people being labeled "racist".

Either way, you can't control what people think, if they have an inkling of racial inequality then it's ridiculous charges of racism like this that make people stoke that fire.

I would have liked to think that we're passed this whole race issue but the people who "fight racism" would be out of a job and it's in their best interests to keep the hate going.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join