It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Traficant - Awesome Tea Party Speech!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Well what can I say? Big Jim really lays it out straight in this one, and it looks like he has great deal of support.

The speech took place during the Tea Party protests. Mr Traficant clearly articulates some of the more pressing issues facing our country today and for which there is popular and growing common sentiment. Basically, he just comes right out and tells the truth and doesn't dance around anything.

It is quite a rarity to see and hear a politician speak like this.

I suppose at some point we're going to have to start calling this one a Statesman.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Now that he's been released from PRISON, maybe he can give some much needed attention to that hairpiece.

Oh, and to anyone that thinks this cat is out for anyone other than himself, or you've forgotten just who, and how corrupt he is... a small reminder.

James Anthony Traficant, Jr. (born May 8, 1941) is a former Democratic Representative in the United States Congress from Ohio (from 1985 to 2002). He represented the 17th Congressional District,

He was expelled after being convicted of taking bribes, filing false tax returns, racketeering, and forcing his aides to perform chores at his farm in Ohio and on his houseboat in Washington, D.C.,[1] and was released from prison on September 2, 2009, after serving a seven-year sentence.

Just the kind of speaker I would want............. NOT

[edit on 14-9-2009 by uaocteaou]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
You do know he is an ex-felon don't you. Republicans sure like crooks, all the way back to Nixon.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
You do know he is an ex-felon don't you. Republicans sure like crooks, all the way back to Nixon.

Trafficant is a crooked DEMOCRAT. I live in NE Ohio and I can tell you based on what my friends from Youngstown State University have said, that Trafficant got off way to easy with a 7 year term. He has been corrupt for as long as I can remember and the Feds had been trying to nab him for years before they finally got him. He is a product of Youngstown's glory years when it was a steel producing powerhouse and union stronghold.

Naturally, he is a hero to some in his district and is hated just as much by the remainder.

He came to speak to my Municipal Government class once when I was at Kent State. He is a big man with an intimidating presence. No wonder he was able to assert is influence among those under him.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by uaocteaou
Now that he's been released from PRISON, maybe he can give some much needed attention to that hairpiece.

It is amazing what prison can do to a politician.

...And I reckon it won't be long before many of them find out just how the process works.

top topics

join