It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Sending National Guard and TX Rangers to the border.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Perry: Ranger teams to go to Texas-Mexico border

HOUSTON – Special teams of Texas Rangers will be deployed to the Texas-Mexico border to deal with increasing violence because the federal government has failed to address growing problems there, Gov. Rick Perry said Thursday. "It is an expansive effort with the Rangers playing a more high-profile role than they've ever played before," Perry said of the Department of Public Safety's elite investigative unit.

The governor early this year asked Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano for 1,000 National Guard troops and renewed his call last month in a letter to President Barack Obama. The request is bogged down over who will pay for the troops and how they will be deployed.

The forces, dubbed "Ranger recon" teams, are the latest effort "to fill the gap that's been left by the federal government's ongoing failure to adequately secure our international border with Mexico," he said.

Brig. Gen. Joyce Stevens, commander of the Texas Army National Guard, said about 200 soldiers and airmen already have started integrated operations with the Rangers.

Sending the Texas Rangers plus 1,000 National Guard troops to prevent violence on the border. I think this is a great idea. Im glad the state is doing something about it and not waiting on the feds anymore.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by buni11687]

[edit on 14-9-2009 by buni11687]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Ditto, it's about time they got things lined up down there. When bullets start striking public places in Texas, it's past time to make a stand.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
S&F Important Story.

Now I thought I had read that Mexico just recently legalized most illegal drugs in a last desperate attempt to stop the gangs and violence? In fact, yes I did read that, and wanted to bring the story here to ATS- but of course, no can do.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Interesting timing... I am glad to see this move even by globalist Rick Perry but I do believe given the size of our border and the size of this problem, 1000 troops as bad mofos as Texas NG are, is a drop in the bucket of the scope of this problem.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Political posturing for the upcoming election against Hutchinson.

But I'm sure this will help rally his troops.

Go Perry

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Indeed. Both of whom are traitors to this country and to Texas.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

[i

HOUSTON – Special teams of Texas Rangers will be deployed to the Texas-Mexico border to deal with increasing violence because the federal government has failed to address growing problems there, ]

And that's because the federal officials are taking bribes from big business and the mexican govt to leave the border open.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

And that's because the federal officials are taking bribes from big business and the mexican govt to leave the border open.

I hardly ever agree with MSL45, but this time I think you actually understated the problem!!

It isn't just bribes, many think it is actual treaties, in addition to NAFTA! Some say that the border is no longer a border at all!

I don't know, but I cannot fathom how protecting our border can be a controversial issue!
I can't fathom how we provide Social Services and Emergency Care and Driver's Licenses to illegal aliens?
I have worked with illegals, and I admire their work ethics, but I think they should be documented and taxed like the rest of us!! I also think it should be highly illegal to "aid and abet" a criminal.

Therefore, I say sure, give them a driver's license and then arrest and deport them. Fix them up in the ER and then deport them! Or grant immunity, streamline the immigration process, and let them get back to work, LEGALLY!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
In Texas there is a law that allows an illegal alien to pay taxes. I'm not quite sure how it works but you can head down to an IRS office and get an IRS tax number and pay taxes. I think a lot of the illegals I know would rather pay their taxes than be deported. But fear of Americans that scream "DEPORT THEM!!!" keeps them away from this alternative.

By the way NAFTA is a joke. All it has done is worsen the situations of countries south of the US.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Its pretty hard to find a job where im at in TX. Last one I worked at had more than a few illegal aliens in there. Not too long ago a store down the street from my house got raided by the ICE and caught a few illegals there.

Also, Ive seen some violence here in Dallas involving latinos, but im not sure if they were illegal or not. Down in the south east and south west parts of Dallas, the crime is getting worse it seems. I stayed in the south west part (oak cliff) for only a month and lived in a all latino part of town. Every couple of nights there were gunshots and a few times the police helicopter circled right above out area. The local news said it was just mexican gang shootings. Same when I was in south east (pleasant grove) part.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
With the increase in violence, I'd damn sure issue some belt-fed weapons.

The need to do this is one sorry-assed commentary on our Federal Government.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Leave the poor Mexican people alone, don't sit and fight innocent people to the 90th percentile fleeing violence.

What you do here, is withdraw from one of our fronts, stop fighting International battles and bring in the military for dealing with the real situation, the cartels.

Surgical strikes across Sinaloa, bomb all the Meth factories, all the processing plants you can find for other drugs, occupy the areas with large numbers of troops along the border, drop in 10's of thousands of men into all Cartel controlled areas and hunt them out

Occupy Mexico...

It's unbelievable to me that we fight half way around the world and yet allow the nation south of the border to descend into anarchy

If there are a decent people that needs to be freed from oppression and violence it would be Mexicans

Of course

Since we cause it all with our stupid war on drugs and govt backed underground economy

This will not happen anytime soon

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Will never happen. CIA needs to keep funding it's black ops on their latest target... the United States.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Holy crap this is a huge story! I need to move to Texas. About time someone stood up to the Federal government. Too bad that the national guard now reports to POTUS thanks to legislation passed last year. Time for the governor to call the militia's of the state to be on stand by. Ah, this is why militia's are a good thing for a state to have, they can be called upon to defend the state. All Texas militia's should offer their service to the Governor if called upon.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Remember this important thread? Could there be some connection?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join