It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if it were the end?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
If you were up late reading one night with the curtains open, like say
two or three in the morning, and suddenly the entire sky lit up like
it was daylight, and you knew it was because something bad had just
happened and that the world as you know it would be over in just a few
more minutes... Would you wake your loved one laying next to you???

It could happen... What would you do?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

I would crawl back in bed hold my wife tight and kiss her good bye and let her sleep threw it.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Nobody there to wake up. But I'd call my BFF. He'd be awake as well. We'd discuss it. Unless the phone wasn't working, then I'd just lay there and probably feel a combination of regret and relief.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I would start praying, even if I no longer believed in God.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Whichever girl was in my bed, i'd probably wake up, cause i'm sure they'd want to know, yea they.

Everyone deserves the right to see their demise.

Even if it's panic, or serenity, they deserve to have the choice themselves.

If a forethought, would be hypothetical.

Hope I used that right! lol.

I would turn over, and say hey, we got 5 minutes, and I bet, she'd say "let's go out with a bang!". Lol hopefull knowing the right situation. Cause It's doubtful lol.

I'd wake the person up, and be on calls though. Although in mostly an awe and the "plucky" Copyright "panic-sex" mode.

Disclaimer was added

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
What if its a Nuke??

Or an asteroid about to hit???

I would s&*t myself properly!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Interesting question.

What would i do? I don't think i could answer that fairly unless it was actually happens.

What i would like to do on the other hand, is tell the important people in my life how much they meant to me, to take a bow at life, and make my way onto the next world (whatever that may be), in peace.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I wouldn't assume it was the end of the world. I would grab my bag and head out of town.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I wouldn't assume it was the end of the world. I would grab my bag and head out of town.

So sorry to be an asshole.

But, they didn't ask would you rather be frozen or burned to death.

And you expect frozen to death cause, You can be brought back to life. IT'S DEATH!!!

lol, Expect, that this was it, that your SitX bag was #, and you could do nothing!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
To be honest, I think I'd probably spend a lot of my time left second guessing myself. Is it the end? Is it time to go? I think anyone would. If I somehow convinced myself that it really was the end, I think I would wake up my kids and all get into my bed and just hug each other til the end.

But I sure would feel stupid if it turned out not to be the end... and my kids would think that their Mom had finally lost it.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Sure, I would wake up my Bride. For one thing, if it truly is the end, we'd both like to be conscious and together. Secondly, I know for a fact she would want me to wake her up. Third, assuming the end is not constructive -- we have proceedures for a scenario similar to this, and if not used then, then when?

I know people that, when talking about the possibilities of surviving a post-nuclear world, say things like "I don't want to live in such a world; I'd just kill myself when the bombs are being dropped -- why wait to suffer?" To me, one can always choose to take their own lives in the aftermath of an apocalypse, if they are in too much pain, or just don't want to go on anymore. To do so preemtively seems rash to me. Certainly there are considerations, such as the possibility of enslavement or marauding bands of whatever. Still....... the choice will be ours.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I would prepare my SPIRIT for BATTLE AND KISS MY LOVED 1z GOODBYE TILL HELL IS NO MORE.....

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I would thank god for the life he gave me and apologize for all that I failed to accomplish. I would ask for mercy for others. Then I would hold my wife until it was over.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

I don't have a wife or girlfriend at this moment so i'd probably just see what happened to the last second... and i would ask the Ancient Gods of Greece what was happening? Would i survive? Where will i go? What will i be?

Actually reading this thread just made me very sad to even think that this could happen...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'd put on my aluminum breast plate and survive the blast.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If it truly was the end, then im afraid there is only one thing i'd do.
The one thing i've been doing my whole life.

Question it.

Why, why, why.

Then i'd be dead, in a much more beautiful place.

Namaste.

[edit on 14/9/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacobNH
Then i'd be dead, it a much more beautiful place.

Earth would be a much more beautiful place because we all died? Or you would go to a more beautiful place?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by avant-garde

Grammatical Error

IN a much more beautiful place.

Namaste.

[edit on 14/9/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I always sleep better when it's light so I might be able to get a bit of sleep before I die. Always wanted to go in my sleep anyway. No way I'd wake my wife up. She's never in a good modd when I wake her up. It'd be a shame for us to die having a row.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Wake her up, say the last goodbyes (just in case), grab our stuff and start moving out.

If its over its over, if its not I'm running

Good question though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join