It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were The Terrorists Right All Along?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Hey Genius, I never killed any children and never, ever, would consider of such a thing. I've hunted down people who killed children before - missing pick up, violating international borders and a list of Army regulations, was threatened with Courts Martial, just to hunt those animals down.

How do you consistently manage to get things so confused?

Now maybe you can, but I can't see children trying to kill me, but if the situation ever arises, I'll keep you informed on how it turns out.

I don't hunt to interrupt animals. I hunt to eat. I fish to eat. In the process, it helps me maintain certain skills.

I'm a jackass? Now that wasn't neighborly, but since I've been called far worse by far better men than you, I take no offense.

And I'M the one full of ****?

I like you. You're a funny, funny guy. A bit sensitive, excitable and twitchy, but hang in there, you'll probably grow out of it with just a bit of maturity.

Just because you may feel you don't measure up, don't take it so seriously and be so touchy about it by beating yourself down.

I think in your circumstance the purchase of these weapons will throw everyone off their perceptions. Shotguns with a pistol grip are just sexy, the MAC-11 isn't the most reliable nine, but it looks masculine, and of course the weapon of choice for those who can't shoot straight - the AK-47.

After all, you can take a FriscoFairy, complete with tutu, put these weapons in his hand, and everyone would be impressed.

Don't worry, your secrets are safe with me.

Those damned terr's are in a heap of trouble around you, I can tell already.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Hey Genius, I never killed any children and never, ever, would consider of such a thing. I've hunted down people who killed children before - missing pick up, violating international borders and a list of Army regulations, was threatened with Courts Martial, just to hunt those animals down.

How do you consistently manage to get things so confused?

I don't know, maybe this comment of YOURS threw me off....

Just for the record, that's how you win a war and you don't have to worry about their little bastards growing up to kill your children.

I don't hunt to interrupt animals. I hunt to eat. I fish to eat. In the process, it helps me maintain certain skills.

Oh, so you don't have access to the food supplies the rest of us do at this point. I wasn't aware of that. I do enjoy fishing though i release them, and I will hunt and fish out of necessity when it is a necessity, but at this point it isn't for me. I can maintain "certain skills" on the range. I know not to your RAMBO standards, but i feel that i will be able to hold my own when the time comes.

I'm a jackass? Now that wasn't neighborly, but since I've been called far worse by far better men than you, I take no offense.

I'm sure you have. But again, you have no grounds at all to judge how good a man i am. You seem pretty sensitive though, jackass is a term for somebody who is making an ass of themselves, as you did with your sarcastic, childlike post about kitchen knives.

A bit sensitive

Pot meet kettle.

Somehow though i KNEW my choices in firearms was going to fail to meet your 'high' standards, lol. You didn't disappoint.

Shotguns with a pistol grip are just sexy

Just sexy? Also pretty good for close quarters, home protection, IMO. I don't really like the pistol grip personally, murders the thumb, but it's alot easier to store that way. I'm sure you're WELL aware of some of the insane loads you can get for a shotgun nowadays.

the MAC-11 isn't the most reliable nine, but it looks masculine

I have to disagree. Have you ever owned one? Mine hardly ever jams, and it's pretty accurate since it's so heavy for a 9, there's hardly any recoil. It also came with a 32 round clip, and if you let it bounce off your finger the right way, it can seem like it's fully automatic, I've had people at the range come over to watch it, since they thought it was.

and of course the weapon of choice for those who can't shoot straight - the AK-47.

I knew that one was coming. How about the reliability in the worst conditions, and the ease of maintenance? None of that counts for anything to you, huh? Funny though, the AK-47 won the best assault rifle award on the military channel, over all the rest. My next purchase is going to be the israeli golani galil .223 though, so i'll have a more accurate long range weapon in my collection, with similar action to the AK.

No comment on the taurus? How doesn't it meet your standards?

Don't worry, your secrets are safe with me.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

The comment of mine was related to the Biblical destruction of the city of Ai, and I merely pointed out WHY they were commanded to wipe out everyone.

You'll note that those cities where they DIDN'T, well, they're paying for that mistake even today.

Yes, I actually have access to grocery stores, with lights, windows, refrigerated products, and everything. Make change out of a register, and not a cigar box.

There's nothing like venison, ground with the fat cap off a strip loin. The back straps wrapped in bacon are something to die for. Wild turkey during the holidays will really bring smiles to faces, and they're just good for you. Same with fish - I mostly do saltwater, and there is no tastier fish on earth than pompano.
Real expensive in restaurants - when you can find them.

I'm not knocking your weapons. The AK is truly a fine weapon, it's just that it's USED by a lot of folks in the Middle East that can't shoot straight. The AK can shoot straight enough, but not the clowns using them.

My two favorites are the M-14 and Galil - in .308. I say .308 because shooting multiple times is just silly.

Your judgment in the Galil is impeccable.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The comment of mine was related to the Biblical destruction of the city of Ai, and I merely pointed out WHY they were commanded to wipe out everyone.

Well, it came across to me that you wanted to kill their children. If that's not the case, i withdraw my monster comment. I respect that you hunted down men who harmed children, if i were there i would have been right behind you.

Same with fish - I mostly do saltwater, and there is no tastier fish on earth than pompano.

I don't have too much saltwater fishing experience. Just the piers of san diego (no more good fish there), and once a sport fishing trip for yellowfin, but all i caught was barracuda after barracuda. So many that it got boring, they aren't much of a challenge, they all rush the bait the second it hits the water and they see the shiny scales.

I'm not knocking your weapons. The AK is truly a fine weapon, it's just that it's USED by a lot of folks in the Middle East that can't shoot straight. The AK can shoot straight enough, but not the clowns using them.

I get what you're saying. Mine looks nothing like theres. No wood, all composite with a folding stock and an integrated western style barrell. It's pretty sick, and it is accurate, for me anyway. I set up targets on thin saguaro cactuses and hit them from across the canyon, not sure the exact distance but it's pretty far.

Your judgment in the Galil is impeccable.

Wow, we actually agree on something.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You said you were done with this thread.

Glad to see you back.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Your talking to a brick wall.

You will not get him to change his mind.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

You can allow Obama to deathpanel his generation away though!! lol

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

This old dog knows tricks you would never even contemplate on your best day.

And about Obama's death panels?

Let's be patient and see if he even makes it through his first term.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Wow.

We went from missing the point to religious talk and now you're calling me racist?

Okay.

I was pointing out the fact that US Soldiers are sworn to defend the people of the US whether they agree with those people's views or not.

End of discussion.

I don't really see how you can draw an entire other litany of stuff out of that one statement, but it's pretty plain when you read it.

As for my views on race - the only people I hate are those who are intolerant of other people's cultures and skin colors because they feel they have some thing inside of them that makes them SO much better than everyone else. If you're accusing me of acting like I think I'm better than someone on here - LOL - please. I don't need to hide behind a computer screen and type words in a box to prove my worth. I never stated I was better than anyone here, nor do I believe that.

What I do believe, though, is that anyone who has put their life on the line for a nation full of lazy assholes (talking about the elitists and people who think they're better than everyone..) who don't see much past the end of their nose deserves a little more respect than a criminal.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

reply to post by JPhish

From the Inuit to the southern tip of South America, there were only 125 million.

Ok, I’ll have to break it down for you.*

125 million people over a span of 500 years. Those original 125 million don’t live 500 years buddy, that means there were a LOT MORE people to be killed during that time.

99 billion people have died on this earth since recorded history. Just because they all didn’t live and die at the same time does not mean that they never existed.

You’re forgetting the transitory people over the span of the 500 years. They’re all dead, and MOST of them died because of the European settlers. Over 50% of them died from diseases which I hold the settlers responsible for. The numbers are astronomical. It’s WAY over 100 million.

And the US killed 100 million?

100 million people? Oh yes, much more than that actually. You don’t need to slit someone’s throat or blow them up to kill them. If your actions result in another person starving, becoming terminally ill, or unable to survive, you’ve killed that person. Bend your perception, because you’re way out of line.

Are you on something?

I wish I were.

Certainly no advanced degree in mathematics here . . .

A genetic fallacy(1) which is a bare assertion(2) used intentionally to poison the well(3). Nice.

No one needs a mathematical degree to understand the basic concept that populations tend to INCREASE over time. The british/US settlers came to the Americas and the indigenous were eradicated very quickly. A lot more than 100 million natives died as a result of the settlers. I said 100 million because it’s 9 figures, in reality, it’s a lot higher.

I think you'll do better sticking to UFO's.

Poisoning the well(4) again and an appeal to ridicule(5).

No mathematics involved.

There’s no complicated math involved with what I’m saying either, it’s common sense.

[edit on 9/16/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Americans didn't kill 100 million Indians.

We didn't have any presence in South America, we didn't meet the Inuit until the nineteenth century, and only a few white men were making contact with the tribes west of the Mississippi even as late as the 1820's.

No way in hell in 80 years, we killed 100 million.

You need to get some documentation together, and knock off these wild, prejudiced, fabrications.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I appreciate your words...

But have been out for 3 years now...

I see the conversation **ahem** went from a one sided pissing contest to gun toting...love the gun talk as I know little to nothing...glad the pissing contest ran out of... piss...?

Considering there has not been a reply from Dooper I have to know how the exploitation of Americas military is justified in those ATS members minds who believe we need to be wiping the map clean of said arabs and mid easterners...

If I had a phrase to wrap up some of those thoughts on Americas wars in the mideast from our more militant ATS members...i believe it would be something like this:

"turn the whole damn thing into a parking lot"...have heard it on more than one occasion...an ignorant and the antithesis of intelligence...

...this style of thinking is sickening...and in my opinion are fighting words...maybe thats a little hypocritical, but there is no negotiation with this style of thinking... i hope an awakening is within reach for those who keep themselves hidden from the truth..

that goes for religious extremists, military extremists and political extremists...let moderate thinking prevail...god willingly

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

You don't get it do you? if the terrorists say something that we agree with, then we are bad bad people. so we must always find a way to be in disagreement with them because if we don't, then we have something even worse:

Unresolved cognitive dissonance.

Therefore, the government is always good, m'kay?

So what if Bin Laden hates George Bush, then I looooooove bush just to be opposite to the terrorists. What if he hates big corporations? Then I looooove corporations. Don't mess with my head, it's delicate u know!

I have to keep my thoughts sorted out: bad people who kill good people are in the bin of people who are always wrong about everything. And the government must, by process of elimination, be in the opposite side. Understood?

-rrr

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
They seem to have killed 3000 civilians on 9/11

They seem to have blown up nightclubs killing more civilians.

They seem to have blown up passenger trains killing even more civilians.

Yup that will teach our Governments a lesson.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

Hmm.. if i was to take the time and make a list of all of the murders, bombings, and other unspeakable acts of evil that the U.S. government is responsible for... I'd be 30 by the time i'm done (i'm 20 now).

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by guillotinegleam

Originally posted by SLAYER69
They seem to have killed 3000 civilians on 9/11

They seem to have blown up nightclubs killing more civilians.

They seem to have blown up passenger trains killing even more civilians.

Yup that will teach our Governments a lesson.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

Hmm.. if i was to take the time and make a list of all of the murders, bombings, and other unspeakable acts of evil that the U.S. government is responsible for... I'd be 30 by the time i'm done (i'm 20 now).

That speaks volumes as to your life experience.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

reply to post by JPhish

Americans didn't kill 100 million Indians.
straw man (6) I never said that America killed 100 million Indians. Indians are from India . . .

I hold America and it's ancestors who came over from Europe responsible for the near annihilation of the indigenous people of The Americas. That number is easily over 100 million.

We didn't have any presence in South America, we didn't meet the Inuit until the nineteenth century, and only a few white men were making contact with the tribes west of the Mississippi even as late as the 1820's.
that's an irrelevant straw man(8). It doesn't matter when they had a presence in South America so long as they had one.

No way in hell in 80 years, we killed 100 million.
straw man(9), i said 500 years.

You need to get some documentation together, and knock off these wild, prejudiced, fabrications.
ad hominem(10) appeal to motive (11)

[edit on 9/16/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Terrorists were not right all along. A terrorist is a terrorist after all. Is a robber not a thief?

The AK47 is THE best gun in Counter-Strike: Source. The Galil is also pretty good, cheaper, less powerful but a larger ammo clip. A true master of the AK47 cannot be beaten in CS:Source. Although, somebody who masters the m4a1 colbot is also pretty dam tough to kill too...

Unlike Real Life War though...there are no respawns or next rounds.

[edit on 16/9/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
of course what they did was a terrible, monstrous thing to do...

but what they did could be classified as one of the most successful military campaigns ever in the history of warfare.

19 men killed more than 3000 people, put a nation of 300 million into a state of fear still present 8 years later, they have cost the people of america trillions of dollars not only in military spending, but in security spending included. they have been able to get our own government to abandon democratic principles and constitutional laws, that have been around for more than 2 hundred years.

they have brought this country to its knees, and every american is afraid to admit it.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
I see the conversation **ahem** went from a one sided pissing contest to gun toting...love the gun talk as I know little to nothing...glad the pissing contest ran out of... piss...?

You can only piss for so long, lol. I guess in order to really allow yourself to see things from the other sides perspective, it's best to find some common ground and drop the negativity.

that goes for religious extremists, military extremists and political extremists...let moderate thinking prevail...god willingly

I can't speak for dooper, but i'm willing to bet his training and combat experience is mostly based on army to army war. If you ask the opinion of somebody who lays carpet about how to handle a flooring problem, they probably won't recommend tile. I agree with dooper, when you're fighting an open war, you have to fight to win. That's what they're trained to do. I also think i understand why he seems to feel the 'enemy' is not only less than human, but a demon to be slayed. You would have to feel that way in order to take a life without hesitation, if you allowed yourself to see them as human beings like yourself, you'd probably hesitate end up dead rather quickly. It's a survival thing. The same goes for the 'enemy', you can be sure they are convinced of the same thing. They believe we're all infidels, depraved sinners who would rape their mothers and douse her in pigs blood.

Then factor in witnessing the brutal death of good friends at the hands of the demons, and the distrust of the entire population that comes with non-uniformed guerilla combat, and the hate is solidified. They are trained for all out open war, not to be nice one minute and a killer the next. It's not fair to put them in the situation of policing a population that sees them as invaders. They shouldn't even be there.

As you and i both have said, these extremist organizations are not countries that can declare war. They are criminal gangs, the same as the drug cartels. They should be dealt with by special forces teams who come in fast, hit HARD but precise, and leave. No occupation, no extended deployments, no interaction with or policing of the general population. Just the cold, hard elimination of those criminal organizations who threaten to harm us, wherever they may hide.

The reason that isn't going to happen, is because it's not in the corporate interests that our government serves. They have pipelines and profits to secure, and instead of the corporations having to spend some of their CEO's bonuses hiring security contractors to protect their interests, it's MUCH cheaper for them to grease some political palms and use our armed forces to protect them.

It does get frustrating when dooper and others don't see that we are not bashing the military, or the sacrifices they make. We TRULY have their interests at heart when we protest them being used and sacrificed by the greedy bankers that our forefathers warned us against WAY back then.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
OK, no one here disagrees that what means the "terrorists" use to voice their opinion is abhorrent!

If you do not think that, you need your head checked.

What we are talking about here is how if you close your eyes and forget who's saying the words...

They speak of the EXACT same points MANY Americans today talk about, whether they'd like to admit it or not...

Part two of this social experiment will come in the next few days, as with people still posting, the experiment is still ongoing...

STAY TUNED FOR PART II.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

I hate war. War is the antithesis of civilized behavior, it's costly in money and blood. War robs each generation many of its finest young men.

But if war is thrust upon you, then anything less than total war is to extend the suffering on both sides.

There are many self-enlightened that mistakenly think that war can be conducted without brutality - without massive bloodshed. That is a gross error that has been proven without fail throughout the millennia.

War is brutal, bloody, and ruthless - if one wishes to have a chance. In fact, to win, one has to be more ruthless and more brutal than his foe.

Your grandfathers fought to keep from fighting here.

They engaged in total war, and our two enemies in that war have apparently abandoned all taste for warfare over these past few generations.

The point must have been made.

I would prefer we bring our troops home, or hunt these bastards down without any rules of engagement. Give the villages a choice - side with the Taliban and suffer obliteration - or side with us and kill the Taliban.

No in-between.

No one can fear two sides equally.

To succeed, you make sure that they are given a choice, and that you are the one they fear the most.

That's pure reason.

Proven for centuries.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join