It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it getting colder or hotter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Why do we have to pay a carbon tax if no one has figured it out. These govt. types need more money.

Why the sham. Why the fake presentation.

Why do the PTB treat the general public like children?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by son of total newbie

Wow, you're quite the guy. I think I saw you once up on stage shaking hands with Kissinger and Lady Bird Johnson.

Hope you're 21 year old cat gets to meet Obama.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
You pay the Carbon/Green Tax because you have to.
"What is it being spent on?" would be a better question

The people that have been voted in are too weak to question issues, in case they get branded with the wrong iron and labeled as uncaring and not "in touch with the people"

One of the things you may have noticed recently is that instead of "Global Warming" being the new evil, it's now called, "Climate Change" Why? It might get hotter or it might get colder, they honestly don't know.

Back in the 1970s/1980s they knew we were heading for an ice age. 1990s/2000s they knew we were heading for a warming of the planet. Same data, different outcome. 2010 is coming up fast, who knows, we might head back for another ice age with some new data that was not included. Whatever the reason, they know that YOU are responsible.
This is from the same people who gave us the first warnings, and can't tell you what the weather will be next week.

The planet itself was a lot warmer than this only 2000 years ago. This warm spell allowed Romans to conquer Europe as the Italian Alps remained open through the winter. What caused this warming? There is no data showing any Roman' driving SUVs. No Ancient Greeks jetting off to take holidays abroad, although Icarus tried.
Astronomers have also noticed that some of the other planets in our system are warming as well. There are no protesters complaining about the amount of CO2 on Mars though
These juicy bits of info are ignored by the eco-media as they're inconvenient truths.

Is it all bad though? No. A cleaner environment is a good thing. Protecting what environment is still there, is also a good thing.
If you go to the beach, you don't want to be wading through sewage do you?
If you go to the woods, you want there to be trees!
If you go for a glass of water, you want to know its safe to drink
If you walk through the town, you don't want to be coughing up your lungs because of the crap coming from someone's car/truck

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ece9763e6c2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Warmer ... no question about it !

You should have been here in Adelaide last summer when we hit 46c

Thursday & Friday, we hit 28c and it's only the 2nd week of spring ....ohhhh, nooooooo ....

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I think this summer has been cooler than last, there have been times in the past when it has been too hot to sleep. That hasn't been the case once this summer.

Over and out
Twisted-Inside-Out

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
what if I told you its getting both Colder and Hotter...
check the records... in the summer, hottest day on record. Winter, coldest day on record.... so, both Ice Age and Fry Age are upon us.
but at least its not Venus, 800+ degrees in the shade, and -300+ degrees at night...
now that would set some records, too bad humans and life would have parished a few degrees ago.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This has been one of the coolest summers I have ever experienced in this location and I have lived here off and on for 25 years. Its getting colder.
I don't by into global warming on bit. sure lets clean up the air but it shouldn't take a lie to get people to do it.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Well, in the tropics, it's getting warmer on average, sure we still get record lows. But beyond 2005, we get 104+ F all day long, about 100% humidity from April to September. That's a guaranteed heat wave every year in summer if it doesn't rain or get hurricane

In the 90's we could wear winter jackets in January, beyond 2000, not anymore.

While we don't have carbon tax, and not in the foreseeable future, we can feel global warming. We have small carbon footprint being a 3rd world country, no one is telling us to 'go green'. But we can still feel global warming - It's not a conspiracy.

So stop labeling global warming as conspiracy, it's such a lame excuse. You can bash Carbon Tax itself but not Global warming because it's real.

We should address this matter seriously, not sure if man's technological capacity could intervene. But imagine, majority of the world's population live in the tropics. If this worsens, they will be forced to migrate to colder regions and there will be increasing border clashes, unrest, even possible war/genocide.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Overall, on a world wide scale, the temperature has actually decreased. This has occurred over the last 2 years. The problem with people, is that they are usually ignorant to other parts of the world and just assume that when they have hot weather at there location, then it is attributed to global warming

Ive always maintained the belief that the earth goes through significant periods of long term cooling and then heating. We need to wait another few years to detemine what really is happening though...climate and meteorology are realtovely new sciences

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It was interesting reading BoM's (Australia) special Statement regarding "Exceptional winter heat over large parts of Australia".

Indeed, many records were broken over the 2009 winter months here in Oz.

It appears from information I have read, that the El Nino conditions affecting us at the moment will continue for the remainder of 2009 yet, that there are some atypical features associated with this El Nino and would love to hear OzWeatherman's expert opinion as to what this all might mean for Australia over the coming months if the info. is correct?.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I dont know if we have Global Warming or not, but some weird things is happening to the weather for sure! I hate the winters now where I live.

When I was much younger, we could go to the ski slopes after school for some skiing but nowadays the kids must travel far up to the mountains to get good snow in the wintertime.

I understand that it could be natural cycles but I really miss my childhood winters.

It still gets very cold though! - but not so much of the great powder snow for skiing that I miss so much!

And even if we get good snow for one week, the next week the weather could change soo quickly to rain all of a sudden! - from nowhere! - that never happened in my youth!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Some US states or cities have either attempted to impose or have successfully imposed carbon taxes. The only two that come to mind are California and Boulder Colorado.

Besides these instances there has been no real push for this tax in the USA. The last such push was during Gore's 2000 campaign. Prior to this was Clinton's BTU tax which I believe was in the early 90's.

My point is simple, the "Carbon Tax' is a political Boogey Man that gets rolled out by the party of your choice to inflame you.

Nothing is more effective in manipulation and outright control than contrived fear.

There are plenty of other more effective strategies for combating the pollution of the Earth and ht degradation of her systems. and those who really care and are working to make a difference know this.

If you ask me the 'Carbon Tax' is a non-issue and only a tool to rile up the opposition to change who the corporate masters of this world rely on for maintaining their dominance.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
We aren't getting either hotter or colder across the entire globe; rather different regions' weather patterns are becoming more unstable and unpredictable. Most likely cold areas will get colder and hot areas hotter. "global warming" is just a buzz word that came out of the world becoming a few degrees hotter on average but in reality its part of a larger system of change.

What you need to lookout for is an increasing disparity between the temperatures of the poles and the equator, which would indicate a failure of deep oceanic currents, such as the gulf steam.

For example:
The Gulf Stream, as it stands, warms north-western Europe up to a temperate climate even though it is on the same latitude as southern Canada. If at all England's average temperature were to drop, whilst regions at the equator were to warm up, that could indicate that a global climate shift is in effect.

As for "carbon tax", that is useless to prevent anything. We should have done something like this in the 60's if we wanted to make any difference, so now it’s just a means to make it appear that the government is dealing with the issue.

top topics

join