It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nonosolar Technology.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
"Printing Solar Cells

"Printing Solar Cells The holy grail of solar cost and capital efficiency has long been unlocking the key to how one could deposit a thin film of a semiconductor—100x thinner than a silicon wafer—using a printing process—100x faster than conventional high-vacuum deposition—and create an efficient, durable solar cell. Our team has accomplished this by leveraging recent advances in nanoscience and by creating novel forms of nanoparticles dispersed into our proprietary ink formulation. The result is that we can now apply equipment from the printing industry to produce solar-electric foil at very high speeds, bringing the economics of printing to the world of semiconductor manufacturing."

For those of you who havent heard Nanosolar has completed a large scale production facility and in my opinion will change the worlds ideas about solar technology.

Site

www.nanosolar.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Always glad to see a thread on nanosolar. They have great stuff and I look forward to them putting out residential products!

I would be remise not to point out the recent anouncements, too

Nanosolar Completes Panel Factory, Commences Serial Production

Edited to point out typo in your title... shows Nonosolar instead of Nanosolar

[edit on 9-13-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Ahhhh

Good job then!
Also very glad to see someone else is following it.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
very cool, i will do a littler personal research on this one.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

Richard Hoagland talked about this with Noory awhile ago. They did a show on it.

Hoagland sure can be informative when he wants to:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Where can you buy them and what do the cost per sq foot.

The only problem i see is that they will have a cost markup because the cells are made in San Jose, California then shipped to Berlin, Germany for Assembly into panels and then shipped back to the US for sales.

Shipping is not cheap. Why are they doing it except to raise the prices in the US.
Is this a sales scam where the shipping cost are quoted as twice or three time what it really is just so they can soak the public.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Actually, they did it because their biggest customer was in germany. They just opened a plant there, as explained in the links in my thread (second post) and mentioned in the OP.

Honestly, these guys have had a lot of trouble finding enough money and time to ramp up to demand. They have been backordered for a couple of years now.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Good find!

The reason these things are not on the market is government and corporations.

The governments want a political issue so they can say give us trillions more to waste and spend. The corporations want to still make billions off of current industries.

These technologies can be put in place now as we make the transition. There's no a Eureka moment. Things don't happen that way.

We didn't wait for Acer laptops before we put the computer on the market. These things grow and advance over time.

We didn't wait until the iPhone before a cell phone hit the market. We had those big cell phones that looked like blocks of cheese.

We didn't wait until 42 inch Plasma flat screens to put televisions on the market.

I cringe when I hear politicians and corporations talking about investing in green technology.

Yes, we need to invest but we can also make the transition and these things will advance over time.

top topics

join