It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About the number 7 and the number 9...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I heard from a 'guru' of infoproducts that he always uses the number 7 on his prices, because It's the number that converts more.

I also see that the number 9 is used in most prices...

A esoteric person that I know said that they seek the number 9.

What your thoughts on that "psychology of numbers"? BS? Language of reality?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Reply to post by infobrazil

I personally don't know much about the psychology of language...if that's what to call it.

I think for consumer/producer purposes the number 9 is used because it's the closest to a whole. Like $2.99. People don't see 3 dollars, they see 2 dollars and some change.

As for the 7, I don't really know about that. It's interesting nonetheless though. I remember as a kid I always thought "instead of 97 cents why don't they just make it a dollar instead..."

It will be interesting to see if anybody has any real background information to support the proposed purpose behind it all.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Personally, when I see 2.99, I hear 3 in my head... I wonder at what point that happens though... Maybe with 2.75 or something, it might not be such a strong feeling...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Usually before tax you'll have an item in the $ ??.97-.99 range on what your buying.

I think its just because they want that extra dollar out of you truthfully...

[edit on 9/13/2009 by AceOfAces]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
well i can explain the number 7 kind of using information i heard from derren brown.

Number 7 is a number that is the most likely chosen number when asked for a number between 1-10 no one knows why, but i even use it when i ask my mates for a number, i tell my mate 7 and then ask another mate and most of the time they say 7. Its hilarious try it.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
7 is my favorite number but anyhoo .

It's always annoyed me when prices aren't straight up .
When things are $x .99 or 95 etc etc
Sure if your at the supermarket buying heaps of stuff like that , every ten items or so you may save a little bit .
But buying individually .... I hate small change , its good for nothing really , I usually just throw it in the street as soon as I get out of the store

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Both these numbers hold huge spiritual meaning.
Seven is considered the God number (as opposed to six being the devil). Before Uranus and Pluto were discovered by man, only seven planets were known, Saturn being the final, seventh planet, also known as 'the guardian at the threshold."
In the days of alchemy, each of the seven planets was believed to reign over our seven chakras, and the energy associated within. The goal of the spiritual alchemist was the escape the celestial influence of each planet one-by-one through sacrifice, thus becoming free of the 'drag' of the solar system in order to live entirely in spirit. In fact, the alchemists used essentially the same process that is used to open our seven chakras, producing the same end result. Proof that it's not (entirely) what you believe, it's how you worship.

Most are only aware of these seven 'inner' chakras that reside in our physical body. Only the wisest of spirits are physically aware of the two 'outer' chakras - one connecting us to the Earth, the other to the heavens. That brings us to nine chakras total. Therefore, nine is seen as a number of completion and wholeness.. the highest singular number that exists without duality.

1, 3, 7, and 9 are all considered extremely powerful numbers.

new topics

top topics

join