It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo Moon Rocks Lost ... On Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
My first thoughts when I seen this headline was, the reason they have went missing is to hide the truth. They are not from the moon. Like the one that was recently discovered to be from good ole planet Earth. Another conspiracy unfolds.

www.foxnews.com...

"The discovery of a fake moon rock in the Netherlands' national museum should be a wake-up call for more than 130 countries that received gifts of lunar rubble from both the Apollo 11 flight in 1969 and Apollo 17 three years later.

Of 135 rocks from the Apollo 17 mission given away to nations or their leaders, only about 25 have been located by CollectSpace.com, a Web site for space history buffs that has long attempted to compile a list."

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
there are two reasons,

1) we have never actually been to the moon

2) we were there, but it's a cover up

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Erm... sorry to burst your bubble, but these rocks were given as gifts to other countries. There's lots of simpler explanation why these are missing, i.e. theft for a start!

There's still moon rocks that the US kept, that scientists have been using in labs since 1969!

Not to mention the whole moon landing hoax theories are all bunk, and this story doesn't add anything to it.

Yes the US went to the Moon, and yes it's proven fact!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29
there are two reasons,

1) we have never actually been to the moon

2) we were there, but it's a cover up

On what planet are those the only possible answers! OMG, where has logic and reasoning gone on this forum!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

Since the moon rocks are extremely valuable, there is a more likely possiblity (which you seen to have ignored, since I'm sure you read the article)

"There is no doubt in my mind that many moon rocks are lost or stolen and now sitting in private collections," said Joseph Gutheinz, a University of Arizona instructor and former U.S. government investigator who has made a project of tracking down the lunar treasures.

www.foxnews.com...

In one legal sale, .2 grams of moonrock from a Russian probe fetched $442,500. Black market sales of Apollo material would no doubt be higher.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I agree OP- those rocks werent moon rocks but were labeled moon rocks because something had to have been brought back from our little "moon trip".
I really feel anything related to NASA is just a blatant lie and forgery.

Its sort of like when you buy an autograph and find out that it was just the guy who sold it to you on ebay's autograph.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AceOfAces

I really feel anything related to NASA is just a blatant lie and forgery

Except for all those "leaked" ufo videos of course.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
$ 442,000 for .2grams of moon rock!!!!!!!!!!!
why doesn't the government mine it then?
could solve a lot of problems

new topics

top topics

join