It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced/Suggested Vaccinations in my local schools

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Actually interesting to point out, here in my neck of the woods, the swine flu is dying out, the cases are not as many as few weeks ago, schools are not preparing for mandatory vaccinations yet.

Whilst the swine flu stories may have dried up in the media, there's definately something doing the rounds in my town here in the UK and causing folk to think that they have 'it' and want to take the jab just in case...whatever this latest bug is, it seems to be characterised by a hoarse voice, so maybe just some sort of general throat infection, but is enough to make folk worry again

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
my bad, wrong thread
[edit on 9/14/2009 by concerned190]

[edit on 9/14/2009 by concerned190]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by brocket99
reply to post by mikerussellus

Mike:

The key is not sharing your personal choices for your family. As a non-vaccinated adult(yes my parents chose not to vaccinate me, and I chose not to get vaccinated as an adult.) and having a non-vaccinated child, I am fully aware of the uninformed wrath.

The toughest is making it clear to MD's when your child may have to go in for something like a chipped tooth, or stitch.

You shouldn't just make the decision to vaccinate or not vaccinate with ZERO knowledge of the subject. IF you choose the non-popular route you should be prepared to deal with the consequences from the other flock.

Not sharing your personal belief systems can be the answer. If they still find out, and someone comes to confront you, you can handle it however you want, but to VACCINATE when you know its not right because you fear the popular choice is the wrong reason.

By the way, I am one of the healthiest people I know, and my son is the same way. It's not luck.

it is luck. If you run across someone with polio you are going to get it too. No amount of vitamins, eating right, or good living is going to save you from getting it.

While I dont advocate all vaccines and they should be spaced out properly, the major ones are perfectly safe. I base that one a wife who is a doctor, an uncle who is a doctor, and several nurses in the family.

Personally I trust doctors with 12+ yrs of intensive medical training over ignorant parents who are afraid of the unknown or looking to blame some medical condition on a vaccine.

And the jury remains out for us on squalenne. First we dont know if it will even be in all (or any) swine flu vaccines. and I have yet to see a single medical published study that says squalene is dangerous. Not one and Ive looked.

infowars quoted a study but didnt provide a link and the doctor they quoted was actually a dentist.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

With as many doctors and nurses in your family you should have figured this out by now: They are just people like you and me, and a good chance they are no smarter then most.

Doctors and nurses tow the party line, and truly believe what they were taught in school. They didn't do the research, they didn't have time to investigate the research, they simply took everything as gospel. This is not putting them down as people, it's medicine and the dogma that is at fault

Your premise that if you run into someone with polio, that you will get polio is preposterous.

"Bernard was right, the germ is nothing--the milieu [the environment within] is everything." - Louis Pasteur (on his deathbed)

Health comes from within. Our body's ability to adapt and change to an environment, as well as our immune system to change and adapt. Bacteria and virus' test this.

The increase in clean water and sanitation is what has saved us, and medicine took ALL of the credit.

I find it so irritating that pro-vaxxers think anti-vax parents MUST be idiots who are unable to comprehend information. It's such crap, and needs to stop.

I could roast you, your uncle, and your aunt with the statistics that disprove the validity and efficacy of vaccinations, but I know it wouldn't do any good.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The more research I do the more I realize this hysteria over squalene and the swine flu vaccine is utter nonsense.

Infowars sources are troubling to say the least. Dr Andrew Moulden goes around the world selling tickets to his lectures to quote altered studies that say vaccines are bad.

I guess we should listen to bad sources over the clear evidence that vaccines are safe for 99.99% of people. Polio – gone, smallpox – gone, chicken pox – gone. But yeah they dont work according to these quacks.

vaccines have saved millions of lives from polio and smallpox alone. a few have adverse reactions so the conspiracy nuts say they are bad. people have bad reactions to advil and orange juice, maybe we should stop the goverment from giving our kids those too

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by brocket99

i showed your post to my wife and uncle. they got a good laugh from it.

yes sure, clean water is why smallpox and polio are gone now. It had nothing to do with the vaccines themselves.

wow...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
If your wife and uncle actually took a look at these charts and considered what they meant for a second, they would realize that what they learned in school about health, immune function, and vaccination was not gospel.

They would also feels a sense of guilt for the harm they've done to every child they vaccinated, and owe them an apology. Vaccines are simply big business, and a great way to keep people coming to the doctor.

1 billion dollars per year per vaccine if it makes it on the mandated schedule.

The below graphs, based on the official death numbers as recorded in the Official Year Books of the Commonwealth of Australia, are taken from Greg Beattie's excellent book "Vaccination A Parent's Dilemma" and represent the decline in death rates from infectious disease in Australia. They clearly show that vaccines had nothing to do with the decline in death rates. (Note: Graphical evidence on the decline in death rates from infectious disease for USA, England, New Zealand and many other countries shows the exact same scenario as above).

On top of this, what Edward Jenner called science to back his smallpox vaccine, keeping in mind it actually contains the cowpox virus not smallpox, was non existent.

Please debunk the graphs. I mustve doctored them right? It can't be this clear right? There's more to it then graphs right?

Pictures speak a thousand words, so I am sure your ignorant family members that have everything to lose if they see the light won't have much to say.

So what were the true reasons for this decline? From his book 'Health and Healing' Dr Andrew Weil best answers it with this statement; "Scientific medicine has taken credit it does not deserve for some advances in health. Most people believe that victory over the infectious diseases of the last century came with the invention of immunisations. In fact, cholera, typhoid, tetanus, diphtheria and whooping cough, etc, were in decline before vaccines for them became available - the result of better methods of sanitation, sewage disposal, and distribution of food and water."

[edit on 14-9-2009 by brocket99]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Table I--shows that in England and Wales there was a 90 percent decline in child mortality from the combined infectious diseases of scarlet fever, diptheria, whooping cough, and measles in the period of 1850 to 1940. The first vaccine made available was for diptheria in the early 40's, whereas the pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine became available in the early 50's and the measles vaccine in the late 60's (no vaccine was provided for scarlet fever).55

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You want me to continue showing you proof that your second hand knowledge from your family is flawed and false? I will if you would like me to.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
brocket it will be interesting to see if you get a response, I appreciate you posting what you did I am always looking for information regarding vaccines as it is hard to make an informed decision sometimes. So thank you!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
im not going to waste my time. ive already proven in another post that the links provided by people here and infowars about squalene are total garbage.

keep quoting and providing your links, im not going to bother reading them. I already know theyre junk.

people could find links that show apples cause blindness. and i bet the person behind that study has a pear farm.

most of the anti-vaccine crowd have an agenda, thats the true conspiracy. theyre invested financially with nature goodness websites selling herbal stuff and then there is the whole lecture circuit.

there was a term for those people a while ago...

snake-oil salesmen

Vaccines are perfectly safe folks. yes there are conspiracys that are real like bankers wanting to own everything. but this is just silly.

link proving vaccine actually preventss SIDS - famously quoted in conspiracy circles Dr. Schiebner is debunked by it but people still quote the guy despite being disproven by real studies...

www.apologia.com...

thats just one example.

here is a nice summary written by a doctor (course you wont read it because doctors are evil according to you)

www.newsmax.com...

some of the more important points from the link....

More often, the emphasis is on speculation that a vaccine caused a health problem. Further, the widespread availability of litigation and liberal tort in the U.S. has encouraged lawsuits claiming harm from vaccines. Finally, it’s human nature to assume cause-and-effect when something bad happens, so a vaccination is an attractive target when administered before the onset of a medical condition.

Unfortunately, most of the public receives a lot of health information from these lay sources, rather than their physicians. Professional knowledge of immunization is grounded in science — microbiology, immunology, epidemiology, and statistics.

Does hepatitis B vaccine cause SIDS? Looking at the numbers of doses administered of the former and cases of the latter, one would conclude the opposite, that hepatitis B vaccine prevents SIDS, since 90 percent of U.S. children have received hepatitis B vaccine, and SIDS cases have dropped dramatically in the past decade (probably due to the AAP recommendation that infants sleep on their backs).

Does the MMR vaccine cause autism? This question received extraordinary attention after it was raised in an article in The Lancet, in 1998, by Drs. Wakefield and colleagues. The co-authors and The Lancet have since retracted the article and its conclusions, and Dr. Wakefield is currently on trial in the U.K. for conflict of interest at the time of its publication. (He was on retainer from lawyers suing for vaccine damages.)

Like the article says, unfortunately a lot of people out there would rather believe some snake-oil salesman than doctors who have done actual medical studies that prove vaccines safe.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
Vaccines are perfectly safe folks. yes there are conspiracys that are real like bankers wanting to own everything. but this is just silly.

Half my family is in the bank industry and I assure you bankers don't want to own everything.

There is no such thing as "real" conspiracies.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Of course you won't look. No surprise there.

By the way, I am not even arguing whether they cause damage or not. People can make up their own minds if they think injecting themselves with a live or partially dead virus directly into their blood stream makes sense to be healthy.

Or injecting them with everything from organic mercury, antifreeze, formaldehyde....the list goes on and on.

I am arguing whether or not that vaccines deserve the credit for the eradication of disease. My facts, based on information from the mortality and morbidity statistics of the WHO and Historical Data, not woo-woo treehugging stats show that you and everyone like is waaaaaaaaay off.

On top of that, how on earth could you claim that all anti-vaxxers are getting some gain financially or otherwise from being against these poisons?

YOU and YOUR UNCLE, and YOUR WIFE make livings off of poisoning us with these vaccines.

Let me know where my BILLIONS are for going with truth versus faux science. The numbers that big pharma make off being listed on the mandated vaccine schedule cannot be refuted.

$1 billion per year, per vaccine. $83 billion estimated made on H1N1 alone this year. Quite a windfall in a down economy.

Throw on top of the ORIGINAL recommendation for kids entering school:

2 FLU SHOTS
2 H1N1 Shots

Seriously thats what the CDC originally recommended...Double the shots double the protection right? Thats how the body works right?

We've been sold a load of goods that not only has never been shown to actually protect, based on THEIR statistics, but there is a very good chance they have damaged generations of people.

Keep on NOT reading my actual evidence and stay in lala land padding the pockets of the people looking out for our best interests.

You just might be one of the dumbest people on here, claiming all this propaganda as science, and not backing it up when called out...and admitting how you have never looked at the other side nor will you.

What you forgot to mention if your uncle is actually your father in law, and your wife if your cousin, because the only way you could continue to believe your tripe is if you're a hillbilly living in the mountains of West Virginia.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Also I never said doctors were evil. Most have good hearts and tow the party line, ignoring what negatives go against the grain. Just imagine if the AMA admitted to injecting people with harmful non working vaccines. People would be happy right?

You are quoting peoples opinions, I am showing you the statistical data based on HISTORICAL MORBIDITY AND MORTALITY STATISTICS. You cannot skew those you goof.

I will read your information by the way, unlike you, who wont even look at a graph or two.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Your articles have to do with SIDs, and one is an opinion piece based on what data? What he is told by his colleagues and in school?

Is thimerosal a cause of neurologic abnormalities, including autism? The preservative thimerosal, consisting of ethyl mercury, was used in multi-dose vaccine vials.

At present, most infancy and childhood vaccines are supplied in single-dose vials, and all such routine vaccines are thimerosal-free. Studies to answer this question, including five epidemiologic surveys, came to the same conclusion as the MMR vaccine autism analyses, that there is absence of a relationship.

A pivotal study at the University of Rochester quantifying thimerosal in childhood vaccines stated administration of vaccines containing thimerosal does not seem to raise blood concentrations of mercury above safe values in infants.

In short, no studies have established a causal link between vaccines and these diseases.

The DOCTOR uses no references in his statements and it is strictly an opinion piece like I suspected. Here is the TRUTH:

Mercury levels in the blood may not show higher concentrations because it COLLECTS and stays in the BRAIN!

A University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine research team has found that exposure to mercury causes degeneration of brain neurons in animals. The scientific findings are being published in a cover story in the April edition of the British journal NeuroReport. The researchers' academic paper is supported by a time-lapse video recorded from a microscope camera showing how neurons degenerate when they are exposed to mercury.

Up until recently a baby in the US got 237.5 micrograms of mercury from vaccines by time he/she is 18 months. EPA recommended limit (which is ludicrous because mercury is the 2nd most toxic substance on the planet next to plutonium) - 0.1 microgram/kg/day. (UK babies still getting much mercury)

You will continue to be a moron, and I honestly don't care if you all go inject yourselves 10x over. Please use my families unused doses.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Hmm well I don't know about believing snake handlers, I certainly do not take emu oil or colloidal silver for anything. I might not know very much, I only have a few reasons why I would know anything about viruses or biology in general. I can tell you this though my friend, I am amused of anyone who chooses to say something about antiviral, antibiotics, or vaccines, and claims they work 100%, or well lets say even 60%, as advertised. I can tell you another thing, I do not go into the accuracies of well initiated vaccines for things that have been exterminated, but it is true that proper hygiene and environment treatment has helped more than the credited amount.

And I will tell you one last thing; these vaccines coming out for various buggies are fairly unhealthy, not because of squelene, but because of the DNA makeup of the activated virals in the concoction itself. It all reeks of engineered mutagens, which you do not want the viral mutating in your body, especially if it combines with an outside source. Now you can read my intro post a while back and figure out my credentials but I figure I will just tell you, I have a BS, MS, and PHD in genetics from University of Chicago, I currently work on genetic strains for my career, so my 27 years of working for the government plus my now what...13 years in genetics (overlapping of course I am not that old! hehe) might give me some bit of insight, maybe not I will let you decide.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

incorrect again.

doctors dont make money giving vaccines to patients. it costs my wife $23 for a vaccine. she bills $50 to cover her expenses plus overhead. she gets reimbursed by medicare $18 and most insurance reimburse her $25.

she actually loses money giving out vaccines like most doctors do. so why do docs give them ? simple, because they work and have eliminated most diseases like tuberculosis, smallpox, measles, and polio.

you are sorely misinformed by an anti-vaccine movement that profits from your ignorance.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You're right, in no way does medicine benefit from having a scheduled vaccine. /sarcasm.

You think VERY SMALL picture.

Taken from Financial Pulse, 8/2/97

Vaccines keep people coming in from birth to death. It's a control mechanism with the guise of health and prevention.

Your wife benefits by having a job. Your doctor benefits by having a job, ordering tests, and getting kickbacks from BigPharma for pushing their drugs.

Drug Maker to Report Fees to Doctors

You are outmatched in this conversation, because it is easy to prove the truth, and impossible to prove a lie.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by brocket99]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

my wife doesnt receive kickbacks from big pharm. thats insulting to all doctors out to suggest they perscribe meds to make money from it. and its misinformed.

doctors dont get paid a nickel for writing a script.

my wife has treated thousands of kids over the years and not one of them has had a serious adverse reaction to a vaccine.

You my friend are a victim of your background. your parents didnt vacccinate so you must justify that neglect in your mind with false data and ignorant reasoning.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The big difference being I have done the research to prove or disprove both sides. You are the one ignoring everything.

As a collective whole the AMA, doctors, nurses, BigPharma all benefit by the sale of these vaccines. Your ignorance is amazing.

You are grasping at straws trying to disprove me, and are failing miserably. Take a look at the proof I posted, or shut your pie hole.

Admitting you won't look at the other side and continuing to argue shows what an impossibly ignorant person you are.

You also ignored the previous poster who's degrees make my doctorate look simple.

As far as your wife's claim of never to have injured a child with a vaccine, I call hogwash. It's something you can't prove, and the industry continues to protect the perps at all costs.

The chances are that 1 in 155 kids is the minimum she injured, and she has poisoned them by 100%.

1 in 155 is the going rate for the autism spectrum in the US.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by brocket99]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join