It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephenville Texas UFO Case - What Happened?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
I remember some other cases of unidentified blimp like objects, one flew over Indiana and Ohio but there is very little documentation left anywhere on that case that I can find, even one of the UFO reporting organizations seems to no longer have the records in their files when I know they previously did! That case was seen by multiple police officers, at night.

Hey guess what? I just found a video about the apparent blimp sighting by the police officers starting at 1m10s in this video:

I wonder if it's the same type of craft as the Stephenville sighting? They talk about a "Stealth Blimp" project but with all the lights this thing had on at night I guess it wasn't too stealthy? I see some similarities in these cases, does anyone else?

And they provide an interesting fact:

Lockheed has a patent on a stealth blimp

Wow, how about that??

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
What the witnesses describe doesn't really scream stealth blimp to me as they were described as fast and flaming bright.

Stephenville UFO - What People in Texas Really Saw part 2

Ricky Sorrells & Mile Long UFO

[edit on 25-9-2009 by avat178]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by avat178
What the witnesses describe doesn't really scream stealth blimp to me as they were described as fast and flaming bright.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by avat178]

I was going by the 27mph or a little faster speed clocked on radar. Witnesses are notoriously unreliable when it comes to estimating size, distance and speed of an unknown object in the sky. At least a radar detector has a chance because it's using some technology to measure speed instead of the often inaccurate human perceptions.

So if someone tells you they know how far away an unknown object was, how big it was, and how fast it was traveling, you can be pretty close to 100% certain that whatever they are telling you is inaccurate at best and completely wrong at worst, even though they are telling the truth from their perspective. They don't know how big it was, how fast it was traveling, or how far away it was, as a general rule, unless they have some reference points or some measurement technology beyond human perception.

Case in point, people describe this UFO as traveling at incredible speed, faster than the jets. But it's not traveling at incredible speed, it is probably also traveling at 27mph:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Arbitrageur]

<< 1   >>

join