It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephenville Texas UFO Case - What Happened?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Is it just me or does it seem like the Jan. 8, 2008 Stephenville, TX case has hit a brick wall? I haven't heard much at all since the FAA radar data was obtained. I guess unless the Air Force releases the information, we'll never really know what was seen. I just hope this case doesn't fad, it's too important and credible to let it slip away...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.americanchronicle.com...

www.youtube.com...

video.google.com...#

The Air Force (Carswell AFB) was smart. They put out incorrect information from the get-go about the F-16's in the area and denied anything out of the norm was in the air. Someone really aught to take the U.S. Government to court over this incident.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
you should check out paratopia radio. They interviewed the small town news reporter at least twice from what I can remember. Totally cool stuff. Essentially Stephenville was unknown until that incident which spread globally overnight.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bananasam
you should check out paratopia radio. They interviewed the small town news reporter at least twice from what I can remember. Totally cool stuff. Essentially Stephenville was unknown until that incident which spread globally overnight.

I know. I followed it from the beginning. I contacted Steve Allen, Angelia Joiner, and Ricky Sorrells shortly after it hit CNN International. Once again it comes down to the Air Force who holds all the hard data won't budge.

I even called Maj Carl Lewis of the 301st Fighter Wing at Carswell AFB several times but got stone walled. People saw a huge 600+ ft craft over the greater Stephenville area. Now we come back to the question 'if it was ours, why the hell did they fly it over the Stephenville court house?!'

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
I know. I followed it from the beginning. I contacted Steve Allen, Angelia Joiner, and Ricky Sorrells shortly after it hit CNN International. Once again it comes down to the Air Force who holds all the hard data won't budge.

I even called Maj Carl Lewis of the 301st Fighter Wing at Carswell AFB several times but got stone walled. People saw a huge 600+ ft craft over the greater Stephenville area. Now we come back to the question 'if it was ours, why the hell did they fly it over the Stephenville court house?!'

I've made it a habit to listen to Angelia's Friday night webcasts and they're really good. She's had a few of the local witnesses on and they absolutely saw something. Could it all be experimental craft? Yeah, it's certainly possible because it seems there is only one other alternative in this case.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Someone really aught to take the U.S. Government to court over this incident.

That might be a good idea--If for nothing more then to show the US government we will take major action to get the facts, because I would guess the result of said lawsuit would be the same as the one still ongoing for the Kecksburg incident. That only led to 40 pages of worthless documents being released by NASA, with the other two boxes "being lost"..

[edit on 9/13/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by fls13

I've made it a habit to listen to Angelia's Friday night webcasts and they're really good. She's had a few of the local witnesses on and they absolutely saw something. Could it all be experimental craft? Yeah, it's certainly possible because it seems there is only one other alternative in this case.

See the only problem I have with the theory that it is man made experimental..... is this.

1. Why cover it up if its something we're working on? Something that size is unlikely to be military.

2. More importantly why would we man make a 600ft craft... and then fly it over a place like Stephensville for fun unless they wanted it to be seen.

3. If it was ours... and it was 600ft long theyd be building some sort of space station ... then what is the big deal about keeping it a secret

That tells me it can't be something we've made.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
As I'm sure you've noticed, a steadily increasing number of UFO incidents involving eye witnesses, photographic documentation and radar observations have already occurred throughout history in many different countries, showing to both the public and government officials that something unknown - manifest objects apparently intelligently controlled - lends our air space and waters.

This is undeniable and should therefore cause us to react, if not in one way then in another. Instead, both public and governments - with some exceptions - stick their heads in the sand, shrug their shoulders and do nothing.

In the early 1990's, when the now famous Belgian UFO wave took place not too far away from where I live, I followed the eye witness reports, studied the photographs, films and the publicly released civilian and military radar observations and fighter pilot accounts of the incidents, and realized that it was now official, there were unidentified flying triangles up in the sky and the Belgian government admitted it. So, I asked myself, what is going to happen now?

I'm sure that people who lived through the 1952 Washington UFO incident, where a fleet of UFO's flew over central Washington DC, asked themselves the same thing. There were eye witnesses, films and photos taken, and both Washington National Airport and Andrews Air Force Base observed them on radar. So, what now? What's going to happen now, when it's been established beyond reasonable doubt that something's going on?

What now?

Well, as you know, only baby steps have been taken since these and many other very convincing incidents. A few governments, such as the Belgians and the French, do officially study and investigate the UFO phenomenon, and that is basically it.

So whether the Stephenville incident is very convincing or not (it is) isn't really the question. The problem is a mindset that actively devalues and suppress the UFO phenomenon and those who calls attention to it. I'm not only talking about ATS:s self-proclaimed debunkers, who roams the forums and clamps down on more or less every reported UFO incident, proclaiming them Chinese lanterns and lens flares ad nauseam, but also main stream media. Who hasn't seen a televised UFO report where the news anchor makes a comedy show out of it, then tops it off with playing either the "Twilight Zone" or X-files" theme? Not to forget all the Fife Symingtons out there, who think they're doing the 'right thing' by downplaying the most important event in human history (it doesn't really matter what Symington says today, it's what he didn't do at a time when he was in a position to do something that matters)...

Well, I had my rant, and slightly side-stepped the subject. The Stephenville incident. Genuine? most probably. Stone walled? Certainly. It's to become another archived chapter of the now extensive UFO casebook, until the day comes that puts everything on its end.

Or so I think.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Heliocentric]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Good work.

The Air Force obviously has an idea of what's going on, but I'm sure they know it's not ours. Even if it was a secret project, there's much more remote places to test it in. There comes a point when we simply have to realize our own military probably can keep better track of its own crap flying around.

Ms. Joiner surely has some radar data correct?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Maybe, and this is a stretch, the Air Force has little to no information to give out. Doubtful they would admit that they don't know any more than you or I?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

There were some radar hits at a nearby commercial airport. The details beyond that, I'm not sure of. Of course, there's the police officer who used his radar gun to clock one UFO at around 40 MPH.

The reason I'm on the fence here about alien visitation being responsible for these sightings is that, while the craft are unusual in appearance, we didn't get the witness accounts giving them otherworldly flight characteristics, at least not to my knowledge.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Maybe, and this is a stretch, the Air Force has little to no information to give out. Doubtful they would admit that they don't know any more than you or I?

You would think the airforce would have a fair idea of what is over the skies.... they would be tracking with radar.... so they would have some information. It's either going to show nothing (which is damning) or it's going to show a mile wide UFO (which is damning). So they keep quiet.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Total Package

The Air Force is not some superhuman machine that knows everything 100% all the time. It is made up of people like you and I that get easily confused at a four way stop sign on the way to work alone, lol.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It didn't fade away, there's just no more info to be gathered. I kept tabs on it (since its only about 3 hours from me) the best I could, but the only real info there was were eye-witness accounts, and some not so great military information. Nothing useful.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demonis
It didn't fade away, there's just no more info to be gathered. I kept tabs on it (since its only about 3 hours from me) the best I could, but the only real info there was were eye-witness accounts, and some not so great military information. Nothing useful.

Those eyewitness accounts are good ones. I've heard these guys in lengthy interviews and they are very credible. I must say that the one police officer's account seems consistent with the oft-rumored stealth blimp.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I did find this story:

www.stephenvillelights.com...

I'll excerpt a few things:

Well, we all knew there were jets in the area. Even Maj. Karl Lewis with the Naval Air Base finally admitted there were 10 from his base alone on the evening in question after first denying there were any.

The report also mentions three area law enforcement officers and their accounts on Jan. 8, but mistakenly calls them "constables." A recent phone call to one of the officers confirmed that none of the three ever made an official report to MUFON investigators. Nor does the report state how the information or the computer drawings was obtained.

Bruce Maccabee, Ph.D., a ufologist studying the field for years was provided with a copy of David Coran's video. Coran is a Stephenville resident and first showed his film to Steve Allen. Allen gave Coran some money and Coran told him to use the film as he pleased, according to Allen.

Then Ken Cherry arranged a meeting between Coran and UFO Hunters of the History Channel to purchase the video. Maccabee is the organization's state director for Maryland. Without the original film or camera or being able to look through that camera at the precise time and place the film was taken, Maccabee determined that Coran was viewing an out-of-focus star. It's an analysis that many in the UFO community agree with.

You would think in this day and age that when people even have cameras on their cellphones they take everywhere with them, that someone would get some kind of photographic evidence. That would have made this case a little easier to investigate.

I would like to know what they saw but it seems likely we'll never know.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It's one of those things, where the moment only lasts a minute or two, and you're so mindblown at what you're seeing, that logic doesnt kick in until it's over and you're slapping yourself for not getting a photo.

We've all had those moments.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Last summer, I saw a nice WWII plane fly overhead pretty slowly that was apparently on its way to an air-show. Four engines, purring nicely. I could have ran and got a camera and tried to snap it but it was just nice to watch.

When I saw "my ufo" back in 2007, it was only a 15 second event and I was damn sure not to take my eyes off of it. Phone camera would have been useless as it was early evening and dark out.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
You would think in this day and age that when people even have cameras on their cellphones they take everywhere with them, that someone would get some kind of photographic evidence. That would have made this case a little easier to investigate.

Then again, a couple of pictures or even a video of a dark hovering/moving object at night time taken with a shaky cell phone camera would have proven what to ATS's debunker high priests?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by fls13

There were some radar hits at a nearby commercial airport. The details beyond that, I'm not sure of. Of course, there's the police officer who used his radar gun to clock one UFO at around 40 MPH.

The reason I'm on the fence here about alien visitation being responsible for these sightings is that, while the craft are unusual in appearance, we didn't get the witness accounts giving them otherworldly flight characteristics, at least not to my knowledge.

Your recollection is pretty close, it was slightly slower than that, well within the possible speed range for a "stealth blimp" or something not otherworldly as you suggest:

www.americanchronicle.com...

On Jan. 8, 2008, an Erath County, Texas, area peace officer on patrol used his police radar system for tracking speeders to measure the speed of a huge object in the sky.

He stated, "I had to swivel my radar head up into the sky. And I knew I got a good hit on it. It showed 27 miles per hour and was accelerating slowly."

I remember some other cases of unidentified blimp like objects, one flew over Indiana and Ohio but there is very little documentation left anywhere on that case that I can find, even one of the UFO reporting organizations seems to no longer have the records in their files when I know they previously did! That case was seen by multiple police officers, at night.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
"I had to swivel my radar head up into the sky. And I knew I got a good hit on it. It showed 27 miles per hour and was accelerating slowly."

Geez, he wasn't even guilty of speeding.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join