It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there structures in Saturns rings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I have just got back from the Beyond Knowledge Conference and im still reeling over the 3 hour presentation by Richard Hoagland.

In it he claimed that recent Cassini images show potential structures within the rings of Saturn, and that all may not be what it seems as far as Saturn is concerned.

Has this been discussed or revealed before? Im currently looking for said images, any help would be appreciated

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
One of the threads.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Hey now...

Did you do a search..?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The vertical features are caused by the moons of Saturn. Computer models showed them before they were actually found. Because of the equinox (Saturn's), the features cast long shadows making them apparent.
www.universetoday.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I did do a search but didn't find the specific example that Richard was talking about, so.......

Anyways, im still looking for the specific image but this is not my area of expertise

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

The images are available. Here is an animation. The vertical features are like waves which from from the gravitational influence of the moon. The moon is the dot between the rings. The waves form in front of and behind the moon.
ciclops.org...

new topics

top topics

join