It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilot son of late astronaut Ramon killed in a flight accident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The Story

Tragedy hits Israel today:
Lt. Asaf Ramon, son of the late Ilan Ramon, Israel's only astronaut who got killed in the Columbia shuttle disaster, died today in a F-16 plane crash.

Weird coincidence? Did someone shot down his plane?
Should the Columbia case be reviewed?

My guess is that Ilan Ramon knew something about NASA's other "hobbies", and maybe he told his son about it, and the Columbia had to be taken down. And now his son got the same treatment...

Any thoughts?

RIP Asaf.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Red_Fox]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Red_Fox

Why is this even barely considered to be a 'conspiracy'?

He was 21 years old, the oldest of FOUR children of Ramon's.

He was 15 when his father dies on Columbia.

Training accidents like that, unfortunately, occur very often. Since there are insufficient details in the story, we should wait for the results of the accident investigation.

But, from this stage, to suggest.....no, it is just coincidence. They happen.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Let's begin with the fact that plane crashes in the Israeli air-force almost NEVER happen. I mean, I can't remember the last time it happened, it's ultra rare. The Isareli air-force is considered best in the world. And when it does happen, it's the son of Israel's first and only astronaut, who died in the shuttle crash?

I really think there's a lot to consider in this case.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Red_Fox

Just googled....October, 2008 and September, 2008. Just two other Israeli Air Force-related crashes.

The one in September was on the 11th. Surprised that wasn't called out...

NO, I think the few number of Israeli Air Force crashes is because of, as you said, the excellent training...AND it is a very small Air Force too.

The USAF is highly regarded, as are many others. If you look at RATES of accidents/per hours flown, or mission OPS, that's a better guage.

Hate to say this, but he was only 21. ALL pilots usually go through a period of most danger, when they get beyond basics, and a little cocky...sometimes they outstrip their actual experience levels.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Red_Fox

The fact that crashes are very rare in the Israeli air force makes it a tragedy. It wouldn't be much of a tragedy if planes were dropping left and right out of the blue. There isn't a link of controversy between them. Even then, why would a government wait for Asaf to turn 21 before killing him? They would've had thousands of chances.

Sometimes things are exactly as they seem: Son of an astronaut who died during Columbia's reentry happened to die while piloting an F-16 in Israel.

top topics

join