It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters Season 4 Petition

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
I feel judging by the most of the posts on this thread we may be in the minority , but I to feel it is better to have the UFO Hunters than not , and regarding the bashing that Bill Birns has received , I think people need to loosen up a bit , we run the risk of taking ourselves far to seriously , If this man goes of on one sometimes so what , we need to remember that he lives this subject day in ,day out as the publisher of UFO Magazine ,where as to us its an interest, to him its his life , and he no more brings the subject into disrepute than any other of the out there theorists .

Oh, come on, stop aggrandizing Birnes, he's an idiot! Just because he manages UFO magazine doesn't mean he's a "special" person. He receives UFO reports that he cannot verify and the report sounds like it'll sell, he prints. He may commission writers to do the same. He doesn't "live" UFOs, he is more like most here on the ATS UFO forum, interested but not necessarily savvy. And he is, obviously, not a skeptic. He doesn't question claims. He is a like a sewer. Everything goes in and gets swallowed.

Don Ecker was the same. An outspoken non-intellectual.

The consensus seems to be that Bill Birnes is better off staying in his office and not having his weirdness witnessed by anyone other than his assistants.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

stop aggrandizing Birnes

Didnt realize that I was aggrandizing Birnes , in fact I didnt realize aggrandizing existed . 10 out of 10 for use of diction Skeptical Ed

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
anyone have any updated info on the what's happening with the show?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Killuminatus

So far as of today 7925 people have signed the petition , not nearly enough for the program makers to reverse the decision , looks like its the end for the show.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I wonder why they're canceling it... there seems to be no end to the UFO/Alien shows on cable... watched one just last night. Obviously there's an audience.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well, for what it's worth, I signed, albeit a bit too late sadly I fear.

My reasoning? As a true researcher, I think it is important to represent as many views of a topic as can be presented. Why? Because it is virtually impossible to have all people on the same page on one topic. Impossible.

The paranormal realm fits squarely in the same idioms as religion, sex and politics. These are all intimate subjects that each individual feels strongly about at a deep level only known to the experiencer. So the more views we have on the table, the more pieces are present to add to a much larger and evergrowing puzzle that we, I think, can never finish.

I take an integral view. Everybody in some way is right at some relevant level of understanding because everybody is a cocreator of a witnessed/experienced event at some relevant but not always obvious way. We have to take the crap with the cred. Only you can decide which is which. A journey taken by many but discerned alone.

Cheers,

Erik

[edit on 22/OctpmTue, 06 Oct 2009 12:45:55 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Ufo hunters is laughable entertainment at our expense. The key "character" plays the typical, idiotic and gullible tinfoil hat wearing "UFO Nut" that the average Joe expects and the average media laughs at.

If you think that "any exposure" is good exposure then your wrong and your part of the reason this subject is as laughable as it is. It will take years to undo the damage that ignorance has saddled us with, and tripe like UFO hunters doesn't help.

But I don't blame the show, they wouldn't have even had a limited run in the first place if there wasn't the mass of people that openly enjoy watching the denigration of the very subject they hold dear. The funniest part is when that very group then goes on to complain that they want the "truth to come out" and that they hate the msm for laughing at them. Go figure..........

Well said that man! It makes me laugh how the show is also presented in the style of a superbowl beer commercial, and one of the lead investigators is some old dude who never takes off his sunglasses because he thinks hes dog the bounty hunter. Just because the title of the show is 'UFO Hunters' doesnt mean they actually investigate the UFO phenomena, like calling yourself a 'Spots fan' doesnt mean your a professional athlete.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join