It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters Season 4 Petition

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Numb2itall

To be honest I do not even remember the cases, all three were debunked though. One was a fleet-like sighting in some hills, which turned out to be a malfunctioning powerline, the other turned out to be a hoax (which Jamie denied because he said the person "had a good heart"...lol), the other was of a reported Mexican "skywatcher" who has a bunch of video of different things, most of which are balloons, birds, or other mundane things.

LOL, they released some balloons in a park in a location where the skywatcher would be able to see them from his balcony. He filmed it and said it was a "true unknown object." The bad part is that video made its way to youtube under the title of "morphing UFO"...lol, it has been here on ATS before too. The episode was from last year so it was an older one.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I've always felt like they did a better job discrediting UFO phenomenon then actually doing it any good...I realize they tried to debunk cases, however, they chose lame cases in my opinion..The barney and betty hill case was never impressive to me as it seemed quite fabricated and that was one of their main highlights. UFO hunters just at the end of the day leaves you with nothing all over again and seems to point to skepticism every episode regardless of whether or not they found a small amount of facts depicting otherwise. I wouldn't recommend that show to anyone trying to get some answers. It's very biased in my opinion.

Aside from the guy with the cap and glasses, no-one has an open-mind and it was essentially a show for skeptics to enjoy.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Ufo hunters is laughable entertainment at our expense. The key "character" plays the typical, idiotic and gullible tinfoil hat wearing "UFO Nut" that the average Joe expects and the average media laughs at.

If you think that "any exposure" is good exposure then your wrong and your part of the reason this subject is as laughable as it is. It will take years to undo the damage that ignorance has saddled us with, and tripe like UFO hunters doesn't help.

But I don't blame the show, they wouldn't have even had a limited run in the first place if there wasn't the mass of people that openly enjoy watching the denigration of the very subject they hold dear. The funniest part is when that very group then goes on to complain that they want the "truth to come out" and that they hate the msm for laughing at them. Go figure..........

Summed up perfectly!
The same could be said for ATS unfortunately and any other public forum.
If we could figure out a way to get past all the BS we put in our own way... think of all the incredible things we could accomplish...
I can only hope to eventually write so eloquently. I'm envious

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by Numb2itall

(which Jamie denied because he said the person "had a good heart"...lol)

Oh geez! That sounds like what I just wrote in the last few posts!

Maybe I should just shut my trap!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It seems like the opinion of ATS has not changed much since the thread on this in the early summer. This is why I do not see the petition working, if the opinions of us on ATS have not changed much in the last 3 months, then I HIGHLY doubt others off of this site would.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It would seem I am in the minority
, but entertainment is entertainment , I leave it to James Fox to provide the thought provoking stuff

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well in the defense of anyone who is on TV or Film or even radio for that matter... It is very easy to make someone look less credible by simple editing.
Example: I went to college with a girl who was on one these "Idol" type shows in the very early stages of the Reality Show inception... I think it was "Pop Star" or something like that. Anyway, she is the sweetest girl I have ever known but is occasionally guilty (like so many of us) of bouts of complaining, about random things...
Well they ultimately edited out anything of substance that she may have had to contribute and left all the clips of her bitching about this and about that, which ultimately lead the GP to conclude that she was just a "Bitch".
Same with Bill, I would assume. You know when he would say something over-the-top, so to speak, then they would stop the music, cut away to some subtle looks of "I can't believe you just said that" from his fellow investigators... and wallah! Bill ends up looking like a Kook of the Highest Order. That always bothered me.
It's all about the editing and ultimately the Truth lies in the editor. I bet Bill hated the way he looked to others but he did sign a contract and networks have way more $$ to fight a lawsuit then he does...
Or I could be wrong and he just loved the attention regardless. Who knows. I guess we will never know because we only really get to see the cleaned up and edited for content, version of things.
In defense of the Network, well it makes for great TV, Film, or Radio... because they know both sides are tuning in and it's always gonna piss off someone... but they will always tune in with the hopes that next time... maybe next time there will be proof!
Well, that's it for me today. I can't seem to get past Part 19/39 A Conversation with Andrew D Basiago... my brain feels like mush from listening and i just ate way too many hard boiled eggs in the sitting. So I'm gonna get my lazy ass up and shower and go take a walk somewhere I've never been before and explore! Hopefully I will get to see something incredible! I will keep you guys posted if that should come to fruition. It has in the past.
Nice to have chatted with you all!

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Numb2itall]

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Numb2itall]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
Personally I hate that show. While I agree having more people aware of some of these cases is a good thing, I really don't want Bill Birnes being a part of it.

That guy believes just about anything given even the slightest hint of a reason.

Between that guy, and some of the questionable "science" they use to try and prove some of these cases... I think they do more harm than good.

i urge to to realize he is playing in character because of the show. They have to have the "crazy guy" and he picked the short straw.

Listen to him in an interview- he's a real intelligent and smart guy. Ok, he can go off tangent but he's a very nice guy and gets too many personal attacks for absolutely nothing important.

It's his show but he gave up the rights to design the show. They basically make it as they want to.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by bananasam]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
We can but try , maybe nothing will come of it ,

Miserable attempt at debunking my STS75 critters... I say let em meet Davy Jones and take those silly Ghost hunters with them

Its making the UFO and Paranormal subject into a circus side show

[edit on 13-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
It seems like the opinion of ATS has not changed much since the thread on this in the early summer. This is why I do not see the petition working, if the opinions of us on ATS have not changed much in the last 3 months, then I HIGHLY doubt others off of this site would.

If you don't satisfy your target audience, you've got problems. I guess they did well to keep it going 3 years.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The STS 75 investigation was a bit shabby but you cant have an American show calling the official NASA explanation into question , NASA are never wrong , even when they are wrong .
UFO Hunters wasnt a perfect show but it was the only show on TV to look at UFO cases in depth and try show the wealth of sightings from around the World .

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
UFO Hunters will NEVER find anything concrete and here is why. The HISTORY Channel is owned by General Electric which also owns NBC among other things. General Electric is a major player with the US Government and has several very large contracts with the militay.

So I ask you....Do you really think that General Electric and the US Government will allow anything concrete to be shown on TV? Let's just say the guys did find something groundbreaking, TPTB would be on it so quickly claiming "National Security" that it would never see the light of day.

Take a look at who owns the stations you watch and listen to (radio) and you will quickly realize that it will not happen. These large corporations that own what we see and hear will continue to "allow us" to see just what they want us to and that is the bottom line.

I like UFO Hunters and shows like it but when I look at the companies that own television in general and how they are connected to the government and military so deeply I realize that I see what they want me to see....take a look at:
www.neatorama.com...

The public in general is being fed exactly what TPTB want and it will not change......

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Sense says...

Good catch , interesting link , so many channels owned by so few companies run by a handful of people , I already new about my own personal hate News Corporation , the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world .

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It happened with Mythbusters... so why not anything else.
www.youtube.com...
Albeit, I can understand why they did it... but it was done
I like the idea behind all those shows but I agree they will never show "The Truth"
I've given up on MSM to help us with answers. So it comes down to us as individuals working together to find the answers

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
.....while it never really came up with any real proof of Extraterrestrial Visitation it was good entertainment , especially Bill Birnes and his sometimes way out theories...

If it weren't for the fact that they never came up with any proof or for Bills "way out" theories, then I might consider signing the petition. However, that was all the show was ever about. I also hate how they replay, almost completely, the previous segment before making another useless point and then to commercial again. On their best day, they had about 3 minutes of ALREADY KNOWN speculation that they beat to death over the course of an hour. I say let the show die in peace. There is a niche for UFO cases, but come on now, lets get a show that doesn't make Ufolgists look like complete nut jobs.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bananasam

No thx. I really dislike the show because of the way Bill acts on it. If he's playing a character... then his character makes the show unwatchable. Regardless of whether he's logical and closer to sane IRL... on the show he acts like a flaming nut job... so until they remove him or he changes his lunatic tune... I say good riddance.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The new "skeptic" came off as a smarmy little jerk, and I'm sure that hurt ratings. Previous guy was nicer. Bill is off the deep end with his wild leaps of logic, but I still enjoy the show. My favorite was when he informed the person he was interviewing that he was, in fact, a hybrid. My kid even laughed.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Dr. Ted Acworth was the best science guy , I agree the new guy was a bit smarmy , PAT USKERT for me was the most credible member of the team ,a believer with a touch of Show me the money about him , maybe he should get his own UFO investigation show , and I saw the episode where Bill told the guy he could be a Hybrid

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The History Channel is starting a new show called Mystery Quest. It is in the same frame as the other shows of this nature and will deal with such mysteries as the Bermuda Triangle:

www.history.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Man they just regurgitate that same ideas over and over...
there truly is no original thought out here (Hollywood) anymore
Just enough to keep you interested... just not too interested!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join