It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters Season 4 Petition

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If you enjoy UFO Hunters, please take a moment to sign the petition to continue it for a 4th season . UFO hunters Petition
Its a shame this program has been canceled , while it never really came up with any real proof of Extraterrestrial Visitation it was good entertainment , especially Bill Birnes and his sometimes way out theories ,but also his real enthusiasm and passion for the subject .
The world of Television is a duller place without programs like UFO Hunters so please take the time to sign the petition .
Bellow is a reminder of the UFO Hunters at their best ,investigating one of my interests The Starchild Skull .

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
My question is...why? Why should there be another season. No conclusive evidence is ever found. No significant footage is ever shown. All shows like this do is push the subject of UFOs into the "imaginary" section of the average person's brain. I applaud their efforts, but the thing is...is that it does little to help the UFO community (IMHO). You are welcome to disagree.

Star and Flag for your efforts

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

But surely the aim of the program is to bring UFO cases that we in the community already know about to a wider audience , to educate people with a passing interest in the subject to the wealth of significant events past and present in Ufology .

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I like the show. Keep it going!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Personally I hate that show. While I agree having more people aware of some of these cases is a good thing, I really don't want Bill Birnes being a part of it.

That guy believes just about anything given even the slightest hint of a reason.

Between that guy, and some of the questionable "science" they use to try and prove some of these cases... I think they do more harm than good.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I know that I signed the petition. It was a great way to get the better cases out to the public, with a fresher look at them. That was ALL they were really trying to do, look at the better cases and present them in a way that they would get out to a lot of people-of course if they discovered anything major while re-investigating the cases great, but that is unlikely. Really the only way we are EVER going to find out what UFOs are is something major like a disclosure, landing, or some MAJOR event that can not be debunked or denied. NO cases that have EVER been documented yet are even close to being on that level, as good as some of them are. I mean what did people really expect? For them to uncover the whole UFO phenomena by themselves? I highly doubt it, sometimes people expect WAY TOO MUCH out of things. UFO Hunters was a good thing, and I am sad to see it canceled, I highly doubt the petition will be able to bring it back either.

[edit on 9/13/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
UFO hunters is better than nothing I guess ...

Where do I sign a petition for an ATS UFO show?

With the knowledge base and our resident experts it would blow anything that's out there right now out of the water.

That I would vote for and support in a Nibiru minute.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

That I would vote for and support in a Nibiru minute.

LOL......

Yea, that would be kinda interesting I guess--It would be a lot of work to make happen though..

I thought I saw something advertised like "Mystery Hunters"...I wonder if they are just trying to conglomerate all the fringe into one show...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I understand what you're saying, and I agree to a point. I'd just like to see it replaced with a better show on the same subject. Without Bill

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

If enough people sign the petition the History Channel will see the commercial viability of the program , they are running a business and if they see the program has a large enough fan base then that makes it easier to sell advertising slots.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yea, that is what I am getting at though...There won't be enough people to sign it. For them to keep it, they would need AT LEAST over a million people, and then I still don't know.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

We can but try , maybe nothing will come of it , but if we dont try to force change then we can be sure it wont happen

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The show was interesting but like most of these shows Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State, Monster Quest, Destination Truth (I happen to know Josh and can pretty much tell you he doesn't believe in anything he researches but is a devout archaeologist. The only reason I can say he took the job was 1) to either prove once and for all that these things do not exist... and 2) he took the job, like anyone else would for $ and to promote his not so fruit full career as an actor as well as boost his own ego.
Sorry, this wasn't meant to be a bashing on him. i probably would have taken the job as well... but at least I know in my heart that I'm open to the possibilities of such things in existence and would gladly swap places with him.)
I've actually met Bill's wife on a few television sets, working as extras. She is a very pleasant woman but other than a brief discussion of UFO magazine, we didn't talk about much else except our hopes that catering would be tasty that day.
Bill, I believe is a kind and passionate person (though I've never met him), I truly think that what seems like his "jumping to conclusions", is just his way of trying to make things as public as he can to the general population while he had a chance to reach a bigger audience. Maybe a bit of a show boater but I do believe his heart is in the right place.
Ultimately, I think these shows are not given the time or the consideration to really delve into these issues and are obviously more based on flash to keep people tuning into the program. If they could just push the envelope further somehow, without getting all Hollywood... now that would be a show worth tuning into! That unfortunately, I haven't seen since Sightings and even that show didn't go as far as I had hoped. It has to start with dedicated researchers who can put the Ego to the back burner and do some truly in depth research into these subjects. I think if it was more informative and less hyped up people would still tune in... but would Networks bother with that... probably not. That infuriates me.
my buddy and i were thinking of creating a show that would really try to get to the meat of some things and make it more interactive with the audience... but alas he moved back to Fl. with his very nice camera due to all the $$ problems we are all facing today. Maybe someday.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Numb2itall]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numb2itall
Bill, I believe is a kind and passionate person (though I've never met him), I truly think that what seems like his "jumping to conclusions", is just his way of trying to make things as public as he can to the general population while he had a chance to reach a bigger audience. Maybe a bit of a show boater but I do believe his heart is in the right place.

I've seen video of Bill in interviews and at seminars and it's pretty obvious he's Bill Birnes playing a character named "Bill Birnes" on UFO Hunters. I think that's a little unfortunate but the show does do some nice work.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

I agree with you. Living and working out here in LA does do something to ones personality... especially when you become a "Personality". It's unfortunate, but it seems that when you start to become a name out here, you eventually become a caricature of oneself. I've seen it happen over and over again and I guess it's hard not to eventually succumb to that.
Plus, look at it from Bill's perspective... The man's gotta make $$ to survive and who's gonna listen to and remember someone these days who isn't some sort of "name" in the field or business for that matter. So i would assume he probably has to make concessions along the way to keep going with what he believes in. That truly sucks but we all do it everyday as far as I know. Hard thing to weigh on the mind... in order to keep on going you may have to look silly in front of the public. I dunno to me it may be worth the risk of looking foolish if it means keeping the dream alive... I guess I won't know till I get there myself.

To the OP: Sorry, not trying to derail your goals. i truly hope you get what you desire but I have my doubts it will get picked up again. If it's any consolation Discovery just had a program on last week that involved a MUFON case "UFOs Over Earth" - The Fayetteville Incident, which, in my opinion, was very well produced with less flash than the History channel does and it was still interesting to watch. It's been discussed here and was worth checking out.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Numb2itall]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Numb2itall

Yea, the ID channel had "UFOs Over Earth" two nights ago, with MUFON investigating all the Mexican UFOs and Jamie Maussan--All cases were debunked and some series flaws in Jamies approach, knowledge, and research were exposed.

But the show was nice and clearly showed the professional side to ufology. It explained the methods of investigations, how to go about it, and more.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Ufo hunters is laughable entertainment at our expense. The key "character" plays the typical, idiotic and gullible tinfoil hat wearing "UFO Nut" that the average Joe expects and the average media laughs at.

If you think that "any exposure" is good exposure then your wrong and your part of the reason this subject is as laughable as it is. It will take years to undo the damage that ignorance has saddled us with, and tripe like UFO hunters doesn't help.

But I don't blame the show, they wouldn't have even had a limited run in the first place if there wasn't the mass of people that openly enjoy watching the denigration of the very subject they hold dear. The funniest part is when that very group then goes on to complain that they want the "truth to come out" and that they hate the msm for laughing at them. Go figure..........

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

The show also had a skeptic and a more neutral person as well. It was well balanced in my opinion. The discussions on the show were no different than what we see here on ATS every single day.

On a further note, the way to make this field more credible IS to get the better cases out to public views. Of course we do not need some pseudobeliever or psuedoskeptic investigating and narrating, but I do not feel Bill was acting like that, he offered his opinion, the other guys offered theirs. They never came to a definite conclusion of any "crazy alien theory". Now I will agree that they could have done it in a more unbiased and scientific manner, similar to MUFON or other agencies but you have to take what you can get sometimes.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Ah, bummer I'm sorry I missed that episode. it certainly sounded informative! Hopefully I will get to see a replay of the episode. I do enjoy listening to Jaime Massaun and watching his purported videos of proof. What did they end up debunking? Was it the fleet videos? Or the alien entity pics?
Jaime Massaun is another great example of an investigator where, "I believe his heart is in the right place but methinks there is a bit too much Ego involved."
Again these are all just my opinions, which are ultimately worthless... except in my own mind.

Currently still trying to get through:
Part 19/39 A Conversation with Andrew D Basiago... it's a rough ride
but it's keeping my Sunday busy and interesting.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Numb2itall

Thanx for the info , just looked up UFOs Over Earth - The Fayetteville Incident on Youtube , I will check it out . here is the link if anybody else is interested
The feyetteville Incident

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join