It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is Sick

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
OP

You are absolutely right. And here is the sickness. Government.

Our founding fathers were not perfect, but they did try to right a perfect framework for government.

Its main and I MEAN main purpose was to restrict control of the people by the government. The only laws that could be broken were ones that either hurt another or infringed on the rights of another.

Now we have laws for EVERYTHING, we have no freedom. NONE WHATSOEVER.

Yes America is sick and it suffers from governmentitus, a good revolution always cured that ill!

I agree with you except the people of America have been duped into fighting the wrong enemy.

The longer they keep us fighting each other the more time they have to make off with anything of value.

I guess it will take a battered, bruised and bloodied people weeping over a dying nation before we will see the error of our ways.

Just look over the few post that are here is this thread. The hatred from some is almost palpable and this is just a pixel in the whole picture.

With this kind of hatred do you really think we stand a chance?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by quintal

wow. i guess that was just some stuff that needed to be said by someone, and definatley heard by somebody.

like wordplay???

who's your daddy now??

FAT plus HER = FATHER

..... and he needed to make HER FAT to become a FATHER .....

just a thought, i'm here all soul long ....

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
God bless the OP! In the face of adversity he stands tall and speaks the truth. How many so-called patriots can say the same?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Just look over the few post that are here is this thread. The hatred from some is almost palpable and this is just a pixel in the whole picture.

With this kind of hatred do you really think we stand a chance?

I dont know if you're refering to my posts when mentionning hatred, but you couldnt be more wrong.
When you slap the face of a friend who is acting drunk, it isn't out of hate.
I believe most people in the world today who are annoyed at America would love the big brother to behave well again. It's just like family. You may be shouting at your sibling but deep down what you want is him/her to be useful and productive again.

When France told you not to go to Iraq you lashed out a hate propaganda campaign instead of seeing it was out of friendship that they disapproved you.

You have decimated (killed 10% of) the Iraqi people (if we add the UN blockade to the post-911 invasion) and when some europeans are outraged you cry "hatred".

Stop killing, dude.
Then we'll talk.

Be angry at the French for having decimated the people of Rwanda (literally, 10% killed) in 3 months in 1994. At least they arent parading the world over claiming to be the do-gooders of the world, or are they? Nobody's taking them seriously anyway (not even the French themselves), and their guns are far from being as scary as yours.

You do stand a chance that's why i'm talking to you, Moe !

If you didnt i'd just have given up and wouldnt try to tell you what to do.

We are not hating, we are disappointed and alarmed.
But we still believe you can straighten up.
Provided you stop the bull#.

Originally posted by soul of integrity

wow. i guess that was just some stuff that needed to be said by someone, and definatley heard by somebody.

like wordplay???

who's your daddy now??

FAT plus HER = FATHER

..... and he needed to make HER FAT to become a FATHER .....

just a thought, i'm here all soul long ....

Guess what I've been having this same tirade many times in the past years.
It didnt do much so this time I'm saving my posts from this thread to my blog.
I intend to collect this stuff from now on and see where it goes from there.

thx for the fat-her insight too. (but my wordplays were spontaneous and unvoluntary:-))

[edit on 13-9-2009 by quintal]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Now I am asked why America hates everybody, even their President and anybody that is not white, my answer doesn’t come so quickly and I have taken to just admitting the truth. I tell them I don’t know, I think that America is sick right now.

Some individuals are 'sick'.
Why paint with a broad brush?
I ask you, what is the major flaw of racism?
Painting with a broad brush. Seeing all people of different color as inferior.
And I ask you.
What are you doing?
You're painting with the same damn brush.
Americans aren't 'sick'.
Certain individuals are.

Why buy into all the idiotic hype... I don't understand...
And I also wonder why Americans (the same ones you call 'sick') voted for a President which you claim they hate.

Methinks people need to judge individual situations, and not let individual situations encompass their judgment of the whole.

This is a cause of racism, sexism, religious intolerance, and many other human illnesses.
And you're making the same mistake.

I am always telling people that they need to wake up and smell the coffee. Maybe it is time for me to take my own advice and look the truth straight in the eye.

Yes! Look at the truth! Please do!
Certain individuals hold specific views which are bad.
A group of people is not as evil or as good as it's extremes.
The world is not black and white, but shades of gray.
America is not racist... America is a country, it holds no ideologies.
Some individuals in America are racist.
Some individuals in America are fat.
Some individuals in America are stupid.
That doesn't make America a racist, fat, stupid country...

America has always been a racist and bigoted country.

No it hasn't...
America has always been a country. A patch of land.
The adjectives you mention are ascribed to certain individuals who reside in said vicinity.
Target the individuals - not the group. Otherwise you're making the same mistake the 'sick' Americans are.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
You know who is REALLY sick? people who make broad assumptions about an entire nation by the actions of a few messed up individuals, groups and companies.

Unplug yourself and TALK with real live actual americans and you will see we arent all so "easy" to define.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23
You know who is REALLY sick? people who make broad assumptions about an entire nation by the actions of a few messed up individuals, groups and companies.

Unplug yourself and TALK with real live actual americans and you will see we arent all so "easy" to define.

i've spent a month in the united states 10 years ago and have met NO ignorant bastard like i meet all the time on the net
go figure

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I guess I should be pleased that it riles so many people to have to face the fact that racism is still alive and well in our country.

Gypsies are still alive and well in our country.
Do you allow this fact to effect your view of everyone else who lives in America?
Of course not...
That would be absurd.

Where matters of racism are concerned, few things, unfortunately, are seen as absurd...

Vote a black man into office, and people start seeing what they want to see.
See that glass of milk on the counter?
It's 1/10th empty. Let's throw it away.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
To everyone spouting to us Americans that "We are the greatest... blah blah blah."

How many have you heard say that compared to the many who DO NO ADVOCATE THAT. You're taking your view of some americans and extrapolating it to our entire nation.

I can tell you one thing, I'm an American, and all though I am limited to my perception of what I see, I certainly do not think we are the greatest country. As do I not try and force my views on others. In fact, I'm always amazed when I learn something new about a country.

I've seen just as many people all around the world boasting the same thing at any given period of history. Who ever is in "power" is the villain. When I reality you should stop focusing on our population, and instead focus on the criminals that run us.

I'm sure the guy in this thread from Germany could probably see it a little from the whole Hitler time phase in Germany. Perhaps not because it was a while ago. But none the less.

There's always culture's who think they are better, and try and shove it on people. Always have been. That doesn't make an entire nation as a whole like that though.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
edit for double post

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Mattehinthebox]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'm white, American, and I understand this and totally agree.

I am more well traveled than most, having been to thirty-eight foreign countries, and lived in seven, as well as having been to thirty-two of the lower forty eight states.

I grew up in a pretty white bread area, never really had much interaction with people that were other than white Americans. Not even blacks, much. It wasn't till I got older and traveled more that I started interacting with blacks, hispanics, asians, and other mixes. This is when I started to realize:

whites ARE the most racist. Whites are the baddest mofos on the planer, and have conquered and subjugated all other races whenever we encountered them. And that is because we are superior, and they deserve to be dominated. There. I said it. YEAH!

Just look at Africa. Let em run their own show. Good luck with that. Look how well that has turned out.

I live in Mexico. You want to see some seriously stupid people, even those running the show, make a run for the border.

Asians are pretty tough, having spawned Ghengis Khan, not to mention Bruce Lee. They are generally acknowledged to be smarter, too. Just cause they are little doesn't mean the are not bada$$. Could be time for them to take over. However, this will just prove what I am saying.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by totemthepole

You're actually the reason I had to just post what I posted before you to other people. Thanks a lot for making white people look like Supremacists again.

-sigh- Oh well, there's always ignorant people in life..

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
you think because you are older than me, you know more? im sorry but thats just not true. you dont know me.. you dont know what i have experienced in my life..and you dont know how i grew up.

And NONE of us know EVERYTHING.
We're all looking at a fraction of the elephant.
Which makes it absurd to make broad claims about the poor elephant (is it poor, or is that merely the side of the elephant I see?
).

Going from experience combined with painting with a broad brush is still painting with a broad brush, and doing so is ignorant.
Individuals may be ascribed certain adjectives, but a country or group of individuals should not be.

If we were looking at a jar full of jelly beans, the OP is doing nothing more than saying "That jar of jellybeans is green". This is inaccurate because:
1) The jar is not a color, the jellybeans inside the jar are
2) Only a fraction of the jellybeans are green

This same mindset - judging a group based on the actions of a few in the group - is responsible for many problems throughout history. In fact, it's responsible for a majority of humanities problems. And it's the same thing the OP believes he/she is arguing against...
A racist takes his/her experience with blacks as justification to see the black populous as inferior.
The OP takes his/her experiences with racists who live in America as justification to see America as a racist and bigoted country.
Truly ironic.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...
America does hate anyone that is not white and that is not part of their racist and their religious system.

. America has always been the racist bigoted Emperor that had no clothes.

[snip] this is the last thing i expected to read tonight. and it is ruined now thanks to you. i want to cuss for emphasis but cant. i am from tx. born and raised and have lived in various states for college and grad school and post grad. give me a break you little man. little man syndrome. did you go into the military? prob not, bc men dont talk like that especially american men. and if your a woman, then quit being so sensitive. please its disgusting and this is the liberal bs that is perfusing out of alot of the little men in the country who feel wronged or arent big enough to make a true statement so they have to play on the weak. like really, cry me a river baby. coming from the deep south, i can expertly say that TRUE PATRIOT AMERICAN MEN AND WOMEN (bc the women i know wouldnt even think about crying like this), wherever they are from, do not hate or discriminate one iota w/out a decent sized causality that effects their perception. just like the instances that have caused you to make this ubsurd post. i think you should go walk down the street in the projects somewhere, how about you try to befriend a few "BLACK" guys there. take them out for a nice cup of coffee in your car, and be sure to act extra NICE AND SWEET so they dont feel even the slittest bit intimidated. this is important bc they need to feel comfortable so they dont get the impression that you hate them on some precognated notion bc your whitey. then i want you to get back on here and shut up, shut your little man mouth; that is if they dont kill you or rob you or both then piss on you bc your weak and sad. this pisses me off so bad i cant even begin to tell you. good night, i am going to pray extra hard for you and the like now. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

removed drug reference

[edit on 14/9/09 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by flytully

www.abovetopsecret.com...
America does hate anyone that is not white and that is not part of their racist and their religious system.

. America has always been the racist bigoted Emperor that had no clothes.

i want to cuss for emphasis but cant. i am from tx. born and raised and have lived in various states for college and grad school and post grad. give me a break you little man. little man syndrome. did you go into the military? prob not,bc men dont talk like that especially american men. and if your a woman, then quit being so sensitive. please its disgusting and this is the liberal bs that is perfusing out of alot of the little men in the country who feel wronged or arent big enough to make a true statement so they have to play on the weak. like really, cry me a river baby. coming from the deep south, i can expertly say that TRUE PATRIOT AMERICAN MEN AND WOMEN (bc the women i know wouldnt even think about crying like this), wherever they are from, do not hate or discriminate one iota w/out a decent sized causality that effects their perception. just like the instances that have caused you to make this ubsurd post. i think you should go walk down the street in the projects somewhere, how about you try to befriend a few "BLACK" guys there. take them out for a nice cup of coffee in your car, and be sure to act extra NICE AND SWEET so they dont feel even the slittest bit intimidated. this is important bc they need to feel comfortable so they dont get the impression that you hate them on some precognated notion bc your whitey. then i want you to get back on here and shut up, shut your little man mouth; that is if they dont kill you or rob you or both then piss on you bc your weak and sad. this pisses me off so bad i cant even begin to tell you. good night, i am going to pray extra hard for you and the like now. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

If that isn't racist, sexist, bigotry then I don't know what is. Congratulations on proving the other posters point

[edit on 14/9/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
well, look at how america was founded. by the killing of millions of native americans who had never even seen a white man before and had no idea what they were in for.

america has always been a slimy and corrupt country.. no matter how many good things we have accomplished, there are usually more bad things to outweigh the good.

Nice to see how much you love your country, if you really are an American...

What you love to dismiss the fact that every country has done the same, and even worse than the United States, but people like you prefer just to blame "America"?....

lets see, what about the Islamic expansion and invasion of European countries, and what about the crusades in response to the Muslim invasions, but then the crusades did the same horrors which the Muslim invasion caused...

What about the 2.5 million murdered in Sudan by Islamic extremists from 1983-2007 and even today?... that's just one country alsmot the same happens in several countries and not only from Islamic extremists..

What about the UN troops raping women, and shooting at disarmed citizens in other countries?...

What about the atrocities comitted by EVERY European country?...Forgotten those?... oh but of course not, le'ts just "blame the united States"....

[edit on 14-9-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Son, there is no point in being a racist. Most folks are total assholes and will happily give you a reason to hate them personally!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
When are people going to realise that we are all in this together? What's it going to take to unite the people's of the Earth to a common goal of NOT blowing ourselves to Kingdom Come?

What many people do not realise is that by even defining a boundary like black/white/asian/hispanic etc etc they are making it IMPOSSIBLE to work together as a whole and fix our ailing planet. What many people do not realise is that we are in dire times, that the future of our delicate planet has never been in any more danger than it is now, from US, humanity. If we do not unite and fix this then we may as well bend over, put our collective heads between our legs and kiss our asses goodbye.

Wake up people, no really

WAKE UP!!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse you are in danger of looking like you haven't read this thread before replying. We have covered all of what you describe, the whole point is that no other country on the planet claims to be the greatest and ignore it's own problems like America does. THAT is the big difference here. Do not try and claim that America doesn't do this as that would be willful ignorance.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

It is obvious the main reason of the OP seems to be to label every American who disagrees with the Obama administration as "racist" etc, as well as the other insults he/she threw at us for seeing the truth and showing the truth...

Nice try... BTW being 50 yeas or more doesn't make you any wiser more so after making such a thread...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join