It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is Sick

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

and I really couldnt care less

btw, I thought representing america and american things was why everyone hates us...this too? OH NOES!!!

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Remixtup]

link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Shouldn't the fact that every thread about American's turns into a hate thread maybe prick up some ears as to why? I have tried to explain it as calmly and as simply as I can in my previous posts but some people just don't want to believe it.

Regardless of whether it's 1% of you or 99% of you, the FACT remains that other countries see many Americans as arrogant, ignorant fools who just want to force their culture on other countries. Now I'll say this again - just so there is no misunderstanding - THIS DOES NOT MEAN ALL AMERICANS. It just means that those of you who are like that have spoiled it for the rest of the American people and it will take a concerted effort to get people from other countries trusting you again.

Now we can either sit here and fight over a FACT or we can discuss ways that the problem can be rectified. Your choice.

Who's fighting?

And shouldn't all nations examine there short commings?

other countries see many Americans as arrogant, ignorant fools who just want to force their culture on other countries.

Do you speak for all people of all nations?

[edit on 013030p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

link   
reply to post by Kryties

As an American, I would strongly recommend that the next time you see an American acting like an ahole, whip his/her ass, and do the world a favor.

That's the problem with a lot of Americans. They never had an old-fashioned, country ass-whipping.

Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid need an ass-whipping every single week to give them a bit of perspective. I guarantee you, it would wipe those perpetual smirks off their faces.

I know the folks you refer to, who act as though the rules don't apply to them. They were raised by sorry-assed parents who could never say no, could never deny their little bastards anything, and could never, ever, give them the discipline they so badly needed.

And the shame is, these retards do the bulk of the traveling, which looks really bad for the rest of us.

Yeah. America has some behaviorial problems, but nothing that our good friends can't correct when they come to their countries.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

And the shame is, these retards do the bulk of the traveling, which looks really bad for the rest of us.

Oh now I get it, it is the ones that do the traveling to other countries that are the problem, well now that makes sense.

Is that how our culture is being forced own other nations throats?

I happen to know that immigrants bring their cultures with them here also.

cool.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
excessive quotes removed

[edit on 13-9-2009 by stevegmu]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Apparently from the many reports, this is the only time many come into contact with Americans - so logic dictates that all the bad behavior they see exhibited while in their own countries - comes from traveling Americans.

Not all traveling Americans behave badly, but all bad behavior in other nations does come from traveling Americans.

Whip THEIR butts.

Make the world a better place.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by dooper

Oh I dunno, maybe invading Iraq and forcing Western Democracy on them, when it is clear that many Iraqi's do not wish this? If that isn't the dictionary definition of "forcing your culture down anothers throat" then I do not know what is.

That is just one example that happens to be a major one right now. I can provide many more if you wish.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Apparently from the many reports, this is the only time many come into contact with Americans - so logic dictates that all the bad behavior they see exhibited while in their own countries - comes from traveling Americans.

I know,

Indonesia comes to mind,

www.uri.edu...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
excessive quotes removed

[edit on 13-9-2009 by stevegmu]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

reply to post by dooper

Oh I dunno, maybe invading Iraq and forcing Western Democracy on them, when it is clear that many Iraqi's do not wish this? If that isn't the dictionary definition of "forcing your culture down anothers throat" then I do not know what is.

That is just one example that happens to be a major one right now. I can provide many more if you wish.

I don't think this was the OP's beef.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

reply to post by dooper

I happen to know that immigrants bring their cultures with them here also.

Sigh. Yes but the countries where they come from don't make a huge deal of declaring that they are the Worlds Best at everything and making sure the world knows it. What's it going to take for some people to realise that THIS pisses other countries off to great extremes. It's like you guys are offended at the world hating you and have no desire to figure out why and perhaps change that. Instead you would prefer to continue attacking me as if I am making all this up.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I don't think this was the OP's beef.

Errr yes it is. The title is America is Sick, followed by examples of racism and hatred. I am simply chiming in to speak my piece from a foreigners perspective - you know the Third Person point of view so to speak. Part of this involved detailing how Americans are perceived by much of the rest of the world and why. My comments have complete relevance to the OP's post and topic.

[edit on 13/9/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Title,

" America is sick."

Could have read "Portions of American are sick."

America, everyone's favorite nation to belittle.

I am sorry, but I am a little fed up with it.

Let's take it nation by nation and look at the history of humanity,

]u]Calling out Americans does little to improve relations with them, it only ,

stirs the pot.[/]

This post does not address other countries. It is about the illness that appears to be running rapid in America and it was a question put out to Americans to think about.

Our country appears about to burst at the seams with the swelling of hatred, intolerance and division.

We are so dogged in the beliefs that we have been spoon fed by those with their own agenda that we can't feel the water is reaching the point of boiling.

We can't fix the problem if we refuse to open the hood and continue to trust that the engine is going to start just because we will it when we turn the key.

You are only fooling yourself if you think that no one is going to notice that we are sitting a car that won't go just because we don't mention it.

We can't improve our country if we have an excuse for everything that we have done wrong and consider it unpatriotic to look at the truth.

Too many of us are like some parents. They can see the wrong done by the children of others but have an excuse for every wrong thing done by their own children.

Others children are destructive their children are inquisitive and creative.

Others children are rude and behave nastily their children are cute and funny.

The truth is not pretty and it sometimes hurts but lying about it or ignoring it does not change it except maybe only in your own mind.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Yes but the countries where they come from don't make a huge deal of declaring that they are the Worlds Best at everything and making sure the world knows it.

Are you sure?

You see many Americans going to foreign countries, and ?

What exactly do they say?

Hi I am an American, you suck ?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Our country appears about to burst at the seams with the swelling of hatred, intolerance and division.

Other countries as well,

Nothing is going to change, this is the human condition, or haven't you noticed?

Only One thing will change it.

At least we don't have dungeons at the moment.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I provided one example I witnessed at Sydney Airport in one of my previous posts - a quick check by anyone can verify that. Another example, now that you have asked, is also at Sydney Airport between 2 Americans and an airport security guard. I stood there and watched as they chewed their tobacco and spat it out on the sidewalk. The guard walked up to them calmly and explained to them that it is against the law to spit on public property here - even the sidewalk, and the two Americans started to yell and shout about they had the right to do what they wanted, that they were American so that should give them preferential treatment. I kid you not I can remember that incident like it was yesterday.

I could sit here all day providing examples to back up my point but I do not have the time nor the inclination to do so as it seems that regardless of what I say, you have your own preconceived notion of how the world views Americans and nothing I say is going to change that. In that respect, I feel sorry for you for your sheer ignorance. I have also made it a point to say that I do not mean all Americans, that I have American friends but you would prefer to ignore that because it doesn't fit with your attack on me. You would prefer to ignore FACTS and carry on thinking that the world loves all Americans and welcomes them with open arms to do what they please.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

Yes but the countries where they come from don't make a huge deal of declaring that they are the Worlds Best at everything and making sure the world knows it.

Are you sure?

You see many Americans going to foreign countries, and ?

What exactly do they say?

Hi I am an American, you suck ?

Kinda sorta. Sorta kinda.

They usually say something more like:

The rooms are so much bigger in America.
In America you would never get a room without an air-conditioner.
In America the water is always served with the meal and it always has ice.

According to a lot of tourist everything that is an inconvenience or unpleasant is a fault in the country and would never occur in America.

Of course it is not true and perpetuates the belief in the ugly American.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Errr yes it is. The title is America is Sick, followed by examples of racism and hatred. I am simply chiming in to speak my piece from a foreigners perspective

I see, so you don't live in America?

How do you know what goes on in my multicultural neighborhood?

As I said I was raised by immigrants, we lived in a neighborhood of immigrants from many nations in Europe, they spoke little English,

My mothers side has been in America since forever, I am of mixed heritage, like most Americans.

I live in the inner city, my neighbors are Africa Americans Hindu, Muslim, Asian, White, ( yes dem awful whites), my husband Is Irish,

Guess what we all get along,

Surprise!!!!!!!
It is really boring actually.

No race riots, nothing.

Soon we may once again have a situation here, but I doubt it.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I feel sorry for you for your sheer ignorance.

So your solution to the problem is to call me ignorant?

I bet if we wanted to be petty there have been Australians that have come to America and be less then polite,

My problem with you American haters, is you hate.

You seem to have a preconceived notion about me, now don't you?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

You think those examples make American tourists look like ogres? Complaining about tiny rooms, not having air-conditioning, and not being able to get a cold drink don't make Americans look bad, they just make the host country look backward.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join