It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is Sick

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

Representing america.............wait for it............
GIVES AMERICANS A BAD NAME

I

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
theres a difference between representing your country.. and being ignorant and not willing to learn another culture.

theres a BIG difference between the two

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

well... they DO represent america. many americans who travel gives us that bad name.

I never denied that. In fact, I, amazingly, agree with you!

every foreigner ive ever met has only said bad things about americans.

Man, I would hate to have met all the people that you've met! Here, as I encounter people in Germany, and they find out I'm American, they think that it is the coolest thing ever and they have only good things to say about all the Americans that they've met. They even say that they want to visit American a lot of the time. =O

so you have to be the one who makes a good name for them.

Yes, I try each and every day to just be a normal guy and not a "spoiled brat".

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins

Your countrymates (or you for all I know) advocates mob violence against an individual... and then go on to say how other people are ignorant? Good show mate.

OK, so that is baiting and I will not play up to it. It is either baiting, or ignorance - I'm not sure which. It was a FICTIONAL EXAMPLE. I was thinking more like a bar/pub fight scenario rather than a 'mob attack' as you put it.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
One can find the what is good or what is bad, about America or any other culture.

Says a lot about a persons psyche when all they can see is the bad in people.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

well... they DO represent america. many americans who travel gives us that bad name.

I never denied that. In fact, I, amazingly, agree with you!

every foreigner ive ever met has only said bad things about americans.

Man, I would hate to have met all the people that you've met! Here, as I encounter people in Germany, and they find out I'm American, they think that it is the coolest thing ever and they have only good things to say about all the Americans that they've met. They even say that they want to visit American a lot of the time. =O

so you have to be the one who makes a good name for them.

Yes, I try each and every day to just be a normal guy and not a "spoiled brat".

well good then. im glad you are adapting to the german culture.

many other countries would love to come to america, yes, i have seen this too. they are fascinated with celebrities also. so that doesnt mean its a good thing

many cultures want to learn about america.. but what ive seen is that many times the ones ive met who have moved to america move back to their country very soon because it isnt what they thought it would be. some stay, because they develop a good business plan and make good money.. but they would still talk about their dislike of america in general. the ones ive met stay for the good money.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

If putting someone in their place means mob violence on an individual... that most certainly is ignorant... and I don't care how unsavory the individual is.

Now how much of that do you believe is exaggeration, and how much just from an American mouthing off like an idiot?

You never feel the urge to smack someone back into reality?

I doubt there is such a "mob mentality" in Australia, they have existed quite well for some time now.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

but what ive seen is that many times the ones ive met who have moved to america move back to their country very soon because it isnt what they thought it would be.

Yeah, that can happen to anyone who moves to another country. Research is a good thing to do before a big move.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

So wearing a watch and fanny pack is being ignorant of another culture.

You are starting to come across as being the very thing you are against.

Americans.....You now must assimilate whil on vacation to another land, dont

act american, dont wear american style clothes, dont speak with an

american accent, dont smell american, and whatever you do, DO NOT

BRING ANY of that evil money you are all so fond of....

did I forget anything?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

and then wondering why a crowd of pissed off Aussies just put him or her in hospital.

Your words. A crowd puts the lone American in the hospital. What would you call that? A fair fight? or mob violence? You think that it is more acceptable if it happens in a bar? Call it what you want... I call it cowardice... and ignorant... and you do your fine country a disservice with your ill considered words.

link   

Originally posted by calihan_12

Originally posted by lucentenigma

you are obviously not understanding what im saying. when i said dont act like a typical american.. i was implying to not act like a spoiled brat.

So you are implying that all Americans are typical spoiled brats?

Maybe some, maybe even a majority, but not all.

That is a very large stereotype.

There are always a few rotten apples in a bunch but that's everywhere. I hate to tell you this but if you think you can find a country devoid of a@@holes and jerks then your in for a rude awakening.

There are idiots everywhere just as there are good people everywhere.
We are all humans regardless of where we live. There will always be good and bad everywhere. That's the human condition.

link   

Originally posted by octotom

but what ive seen is that many times the ones ive met who have moved to america move back to their country very soon because it isnt what they thought it would be.

Yeah, that can happen to anyone who moves to another country. Research is a good thing to do before a big move.

i agree. research should be done when anyone from any country plans on moving to another. you cannot rely on what the news tells you about a place. you have to do your own research.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12

you are obviously not understanding what im saying. when i said dont act like a typical american.. i was implying to not act like a spoiled brat.

So you are implying that all Americans are typical spoiled brats?

Maybe some, maybe even a majority, but not all.

That is a very large stereotype.

There are always a few rotten apples in a bunch but that's everywhere. I hate to tell you this but if you think you can find a country devoid of a@@holes and jerks then your in for a rude awakening.

There are idiots everywhere just as there are good people everywhere.
We are all humans regardless of where we live. There will always be good and bad everywhere. That's the human condition.

i said this at the beginning of the thread. i said many times not ALL americans are .. but many are.

id appreciate if you stopped telling me i am generalizing when ive clearly stated there are many good americans also.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

and then wondering why a crowd of pissed off Aussies just put him or her in hospital.

Your words. A crowd puts the lone American in the hospital. What would you call that? A fair fight? or mob violence? You think that it is more acceptable if it happens in a bar? Call it what you want... I call it cowardice... and ignorant... and you do your fine country a disservice with your ill considered words.

Oh for crying out loud, out of the 3 huge posts I have made stating many stories and facts you decide to pick the one FICTIONAL SCENARIO and attack me with it - even after I explained what I meant by it. Either you are ignorant or you are pissed at what I have said and are trying anything you can to back me into a corner to bite me back.

Not going to happen. I will not be baited.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Title,

" America is sick."

Could have read "Portions of American are sick."

America, everyone's favorite nation to belittle.

I am sorry, but I am a little fed up with it.

Let's take it nation by nation and look at the history of humanity,

Calling out Americans does little to improve relations with them, it only ,

stirs the pot.

[edit on 013030p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I am an american, and I reserve the right to be/act however I wish, be it a spoiled brat or any other label you throw my way...thank you, drive thru

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Whatever dude, you act like the rest of your posts make the unsavory part acceptable. It doesn't. Your "fictional scenario" was just distasteful. Put it this way.. if I saw 10 Americans beating down an Australian... he wouldn't fight alone. Hospitalization be damned.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Shouldn't the fact that every thread about American's turns into a hate thread maybe prick up some ears as to why? I have tried to explain it as calmly and as simply as I can in my previous posts but some people just don't want to believe it.

Regardless of whether it's 1% of you or 99% of you, the FACT remains that other countries see many Americans as arrogant, ignorant fools who just want to force their culture on other countries. Now I'll say this again - just so there is no misunderstanding - THIS DOES NOT MEAN ALL AMERICANS. It just means that those of you who are like that have spoiled it for the rest of the American people and it will take a concerted effort to get people from other countries trusting you again.

Now we can either sit here and fight over a FACT or we can discuss ways that the problem can be rectified. Your choice.

link   

Originally posted by Remixtup
I am an american, and I reserve the right to be/act however I wish, be it a spoiled brat or any other label you throw my way...thank you, drive thru

.... everything you just said is the EXACT reason why other countries dislike ameicans.

link   
reply to post by Remixtup

Thankyou for proving my point.

No really, thankyou.......

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join