It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is Sick

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by useless eaters
reply to post by calihan_12

"well funny you suggest that, since i AM moving to india once i get enough money together."

Don't let the door hit you in the a*s on the way out. You better hope India is as tolerant of your racist rants as America is?

... im not racist actually. not sure why you used the word racist. im actually probably one of the most open minded and accepting people i know of... just not to dumb americans. is there something wrong with that? i mean what are you people not understanding? not once did i say all americans are a certain way. ive said more than once that im only talking about the DUMB, IGNORANT americans... as most of you who respond to me seem to be.. since you cant even read my other posts.

thanks but no thanks. im friends with more indians than americans anyways sooo im pretty sure i dont need to worry about that.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by calihan_12]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
why focus so much on what divisions you want to see, instead of what common ground exists to focus true cause effectively?

get every one on the path they can agree upon and start a conversation based more on fact than emotional tensions?

see the conflict of logic for what it is, follow all possible logical conclusions using empathy to see where it is we are going and what it is we are leaving to what will be ...

if intervention in ways of communication that the tool fear will not permit you to see existed, would your fears permit that to bubble up to your "conscious" part of your brain?

people do tend to project their own intentionality onto others when they judge how another may react to a given situation.

but what is it that is judging for you? would you believe me if i told you? probably not, so go find out for yourself.

keep a journal or a diary.
when you write in it know no one will ever read it.
no one reading it, no one judging, no reason to lie to yourself.
think of how many ways you treat the different people in your life ...
sure, they all see aspects of you, but you don't try to cross their boundries that your friendship has evolved into.

keeping a journal, no reason to lie, follow your own thoughts. because the thoughts in souls' minds that remain unresolved seem to be projected into a shared reality, my reality. and i live here to. and so do you. i'm over it, are you?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

If that isn't racist, sexist, bigotry then I don't know what is. Congratulations on proving the other posters point

[edit on 14/9/2009 by Kryties]

give me a break. oh man, i guess i am wrong. The America that i thought existed obviously doesnt if people like you and him are now the majority. it wasnt racist, sexist, or bigotry at all. it was actually the complete opposite. i think America watches too much tv or something bc he is right in one aspect; the rest of the world doesnt think the way you and the other guy. no, the things all these other countries recognize and respect are literally the opposite of your argument. the only problem that Americans have is the self-defeating attitude of lifting up the weak and unable few and taking away from those deserving and able. i.e. affirmative action. it really just doesnt make sense to me bc it defeats all logic. especially the claim that Americans are racist. Racism is dead little baby. get over it. and those hill billy retards that are actually real "racists" factor themselves out anyways bc they are just hill billy retards. the accusation against someone of being a racist especially this day and age is just a ploy and a distraction away from your own personal weakness. man up.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
okay well i'm actually from canada and i have a few thoughts from reading this thread..
i think north america is in trouble, we are progressing in so many ways so fast that we've swung too far the opposite way to end up on the other side of the spectrum entirely. Changing laws and traditions like divorce was a good thing for people who were in abusive relationships but now divorce being acceptable has resulted in more than 50% of marriages failing.
we have to remember that canada and the us are still young countries compared to others such as britain or china and so are still learning. maybe the reason some people think americans are prejudiced and bigoted is because they have little history. when i think of american history i think of the civil war, the abuse of african americans, the cold war following the hiroshima, macdonalds, and the afghan war. not things that particularly make america look good. The us needs more history that focuses on greater positive progress for everyone involved.
All in all one thing is for sure..americans are not well liked by people from other countries. thats just a fact and i think the only people who can change this view are americans making future history.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by flytully

So what you're saying is that all racists are hill billy retards or that all hill billy retards are racist, because neither statement is true. I know some hill billy retards that would knock your a$$ out for calling them racist. You would be suprised if you actually knew the people you're generallizing about. Sounds like you're a hill-billy-retardist to me. That's just as bad as being a racist. Remember, FAIR & EQUAL, right? Even the hill billy retards have rights, or are you better than a fellow human being?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sr_robert1

i'm a hill billy retard, and racist, too. speaking based on fact and well documented by the olympics i see certain races seem to excel at certain events... if you dissagree i defer you to the recepients of the medals and the facts .... so, i'm sorry to say, i think certain characteristics are in good measure infused into one's being by their environments.

but then again, i'm a self avowed hill billy retard, so i could be wrong.

^^^now isn't that funny comentary?? can we get off the racist b.s. , please?

thanks,
me

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by moiraibsen
i think north america is in trouble, we are progressing in so many ways so fast that we've swung too far the opposite way to end up on the other side of the spectrum entirely.
when i think of american history i think of the civil war, the abuse of african americans, the cold war following the hiroshima, macdonalds, and the afghan war. not things that particularly make america look good. The us needs more history that focuses on greater positive progress for everyone involved.

Propagated bs by the leftist media and the like. if it wasnt for America, who would be free? How about thinking about the billions of man hrs on top of billions of $s spent on humanitarian efforts? hmmmm? Not to sound ethnocentric, but in our 200 or so yrs as a country and even today, we have remained THE world leader in every facet of society. However that could soon come to pass bc of weak people and even weaker leaders of those people. It takes a strong mind and heart to do become a righteous avenger of democracy. And in that, America is failing and being led astray from our foundation. NWO, i think so. Resist, my friends.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sr_robert1

your absolutely right. my bad. I shouldnt have made such a direct statement to denote a single group. but we could bicker all day. or you could just take my point for what it is, which is very clear. if its not i will be glad to clarify, again.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

That settles it! You want to go to India, your boyfriend wants you to go, I want you to go. others want you to go. So leave already, and don't look back.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Lol!, your not going to India, your not going anywhere. You got it made here. besides no other country would tolerate you. No, 6 months from now you'll still be here preaching the SOS as you always do.

Utterly amazing, you will hear them say how bad Americans are, and how great it is elsewhere. Ask yourself if this is true, why are they here instead of elsewhere? It's like urinating in your own drinking water, then saying there is better water elsewhere. Sooooooo, go drink elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

“well, look at how America was founded. by the killing of millions of native Americans who had never even seen a white man before and had no idea what they were in for."

Unbelievable, where on earth do you get these ideas at? You want to know what the poor little native Americans were doing before the mean ol white man came? The native Americans were killing other native Americans that's what they were doing.

What did you think they were doing, blowing kisses at each other and exchanging valentines day cards?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by useless eaters

WOW, could your post be any more insulting and off-topic? Do you not know that what you just said proves my point ENTIRELY? By claiming that Australia is "backward" and full of "kangaroo-humpers" you are showing the willful ignorance and arrogance that has been my point the entire time.

Thank you for proving my point.

Not a problem! Always willing to lend a hand to those

"DOWN UNDER"

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Useless eaters you have done nothing in this thread but insult, jump up and down screaming "look at me, look at me", and have basically displayed EVERY attribute that we have discussed as being the problem. Either you are doing it deliberately or you are sorely in need of some education.

My advice is to stop digging yourself a hole and take a good long hard look at what you are doing. Your comments are not "cool", you have managed to insult just about everyone here who is not American, and some who are, and I am starting to wonder what it is you are doing on ATS when you seem hell-bent on getting yourself banned?

Good luck to you mate, you need it.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Reading through this, I see a lot of behavior that mirrors one of the biggest problems in at least the US today: binary thinking.

There seems to be a tendancy to encamp into one of two extremes: the US is total crap, or the US is the best thing that ever happened, has no flaws whatsoever, and anyone who raises any criticism of the US is an ignorant lout at best and more likely a traitor.

Fortunately, not everybody jumps into this team mentality.

The US really is a pretty good place. But a mass of contrasts:

The people here are for the most part very friendly: if your car breaks down in front of somebody's house, they'll invite you in to dinner while waiting for the tow truck. In some parts of the country. In other places, they'll shoot you pretty much on sight.

Many of the most significant scientific breakthroughs have been made here, but there is a growing tendency to run from science or anything to do with it: "Creation" - the movie

We have strong legal protection of choosing to practice the religion that makes most sense to us individually (including none at all), but there is a growing tide of Christian Fundamentalism. See "Creation - the movie" link above for an example.

We had one of the best education systems around, with people coming here from all over the world to study. But there is a growing sentiment to equate Creationism with Evolution as equal theories.

And too many US citizens, whose first language is English, cannot put together a sentence in English, with the correct form of "to, too, two" or "there, their, they're".

When disasters hit around the world, the US is there with assistance, freely donated by US citizens, even in places where the US is not very welcome. Yet people on the down and out in the US are dismissed as a whole as being lazy, stupid druggies who deserve what they are getting.

There is an incredible amount of monetary wealth here. Concentrated within the top 1% of US population (The L Curve).

The US has arguably the best military in the world... at least, there is currently no military that can take on the US in a stand up battle. Yet that military has a record of being abused, and used for invasions of sovereign nations in wars of choice. The US keeps blundering into one guerilla war after another, which the US does not know how to fight.

The US has excellent medical technology. Yet it is financially out of reach of most citizens, is invasive and is under the control of the disease-management industry, aka the health insurance and pharmaceutical industries. And too many US citizens are just not that healthy in general.

The US operates on the free-market capitalist theory, yet mega-corps pour so much money into the political system they write the rules, removing the free part of free market. Profit is all.

The US has free elections, yet the political process is flagrantly corrupt (see above re: mega-corps, money and politics). The voting technology is top of the line 1950, and many elections equal the best the Third World has to offer.

The US abhors torture and abuse of prisoners, and the legal system requires timely and honest trials and due process of law. Yet indefinite detention and torture have been made official US policy.

The US promises justice for all, yet too many segments of US population are denied legal rights, based on fear and prejudice.

The list goes on and on.

The problem is that the US has become complacent, and is losing the vigor it once had. Too many US citizens are more concerned with their latest toys than they are a good education or a just legal system.

The US is sick. Many citizens are actively resisting the sickness... are there enough?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
america is sick.. take a good look at these so-called traditions and grassroots that are being pushed.. republican reich wing nut jobs so ready to bash obama when it was that piece of trash bushy and his holier than thou B.S and the tards that voted him in again, that raped the economy and dragged us into this crisis.. since obama has been in office its only been brought out more to the public eye .. but typical of some neocon B.Sers have a marvalous way of talking them selves out of reality... and denying any responseblity.. and quickly fall into blame the black guy... if nothing that obama is trying to do is taking off its because of republican opposition and reich wing ideaology thats the culprit.. the current republican party is making the great republicans of the past roll over in their graves... and to point out the idiocy these are the same type of people that voted for georgie a second time... so yes america is sick...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

I think that was well written! - Star!

A couple of month's ago I went out for some beers and talked with an American friend who is now married to an European woman and now lives here.

This guy is way smarter than average and works in the IT Sector as one of the owners of a successful company that they have built from scratch.

Besides talking about his "home sickness" in general we came to discuss the political & economical situation of the USA today. He told me that moving abroad had given him another different perspective on how to look at certain things in the U.S than he had before, whilst living at home inside the U.S! - to see his own country from the outside with different eyes gave him an 'Aha!' moment.

We were discussing the powers of the "Corporations" & Lobbyism in U.S politics when he said one awsome thing that that I especially remember:

"It has gone way too far! the population has become brainwashed through and from professional psy-ops in the marketing & PR divisions of the corporations - their powers and influences are total - they control the banking system, politics & economy and all the MSM & news outlets! - they have shaped & created the propaganda of what the 'average American' should think & believe in, through psychological marketing schemes & tricks , through corporated school textbooks & Television, and through their business tactics for the U.S corporations they have controlled both foreign & domestic policies for over 50 years.

"And this is now the result and the worst problem:
We Americans now believe our own propaganda!"

"And I could not see all this clearly while living at home in the U.S - I had to move abroad and live here for a couple of years before it opened up my eyes & mind! - these people are good! real good of what they are doing and we often buy into it - hook,line & sinker without any questions asked!"

-My answer was: uh-huh! almost the same thing as here with the difference that more people here are aware about this problem and can smell the political bull & propaganda, while you guys may be the extreme masters of this art but a huge part of your own American people do not often smell the coffee & all BS I said! and he agreed with this

I was really surprised to hear all this from him, and how awakened he had become regarding these things!

And more Americans are now waking up which must be a good thing, even if some of the people are confused on how things are connected - you'll hopefully get there even if its going to take some time.

This was now a total different guy compared to how he was the first time I met him 1½ years ago when he was quite arrogant and never missed out an opportunity to complain and lash out against everything non-American.

later we went out for some dinner and took the discussion further & deeper with 'Rockefellers & Rothschilds' & Jekyll Island, Federal Reserve etc - until our ladies got bored and started to roll their eyes & and said that we should save this for our next 'Tin-Foil Hat Crew' meeting instead!

So they ended the discussion and politely asked us to STFU! and the dinner conversation then quickly changed into DIY work/home repairs & home decorating and vacation travel plans etc.

But hey! maybe I have found a new conspiracy buddy!

And to have a chance in hell against TPTB - we need to unite and not let them divide us further apart!

Kumbayah!

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

And just how am I supposed to react? This whole thread is a story of those who have been victimized by Americans or America. You like being victims. You insist on being victims. Hey I think you should be victims also. May you be victims for evermore, suits me just fine. You can't find anything positive about America. You need to be dumped on by Americans. America owes you NOTHING.

The truly pitiful thing about this whole thread is that many of you live in America and can find nothing positive in it. This speaks volumes about you, not America. Only a low life victim with zero confidence in himself/herself. Only a true Sado-masochist would choose to hang around where they are dumped on as often as some of you claim. Indeed, I would be ashamed to admit I would hang around where I was continually dumped on. Self respect alone would prevent me from admitting such a thing.

Respect is a two way street. You want respect from the country you live in but don't want to grant respect. This is not a problem with America or Americans. It's a personal problem. The solution is all to simple and obvious, LEAVE!

But, since you find so much comfort and security in being a victim, and since your victim status explains so much for you in your puny little world, I have to agree with you, you need to be dumped on forever more.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn
reply to post by Albastion

If you don't believe this thread is racist use Edit>Find and search the very first post to see how many times he/she uses the word "white" in it to refer to white people negatively. This thread is racism.

In the original post the term white was used only twice and neither time was it used to say anything negative about any person.

I guess I should be pleased that it riles so many people to have to face the fact that racism is still alive and well in our country. I would be more pleased if they were riled enough to do something about it.

By the way entertainment was usually provided by the slaves for their masters so I would not use hip hop as an example of America not being racist.

And I think it would speak better of America if her president was not always referred to as the Black or Half Black president.

But I forgot that I am speaking to someone that believes that everyone experiences racism and that it is acceptable part of human nature so I doubt if we will ever agree on anything but I respect your honesty if not your opinion.

Whatever troll. I think what you posted is way unacceptable. If I thought racism is an acceptable part of human nature I wouldn't have pointed out how much of an idiot you are to say what you said, which was that Americans hate people who aren't white. I'm American, I don't hate people who are non-white, so you are wrong. This is my last post in this thread.

By the way, here is what you said.

Now I am asked why America hates everybody, even their President and anybody that is not white, my answer doesn’t come so quickly and I have taken to just admitting the truth.

America does hate anyone that is not white and that is not part of their racist and their religious system.

If America is sick, it is people like you who are the disease.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

OK, so we can add "victim" to the ever growing list of names people like myself are called for having independent thought! Let's review the others shall we? We now have "racist", "bigoted", "unpatriotic" (whatever that means considering I'm not American) and a few others I won't repeat here and now, thanks to your sheer ignorance, we can add "victim" to that ever growing list.

Congratulations on proving every single point I have made in this thread. No really, you are making a fine effort in proving my point for me so I don't really feel the need to talk about it any more - I shall just tell anyone who asks me a question to look at your performance in this thread.

Well done, 10 points for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join