It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is Sick

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I have reached the half century mark so I have lived through and watched America change for over 50 years. Many of the changes were good and some have not been.

I was lucky enough to grow up in a military family which allowed me to become not just tolerant of people that were different than me in color, race, religion and culture but to embrace those differences. When my friends from other countries and cultures would ask me why America hated them, I would vehemently defend America and tell them that it was not true. I told them that Americans on the whole were good, loving and generous people. I truly believed what I was telling them.

Now I am asked why America hates everybody, even their President and anybody that is not white, my answer doesn’t come so quickly and I have taken to just admitting the truth. I tell them I don’t know, I think that America is sick right now.

Is America sick now or has she been sick all along and now all the toxins are festering to the surface and she is vomiting up the poison that she has carried around in her all these years.

I am always telling people that they need to wake up and smell the coffee. Maybe it is time for me to take my own advice and look the truth straight in the eye.

America has always been a racist and bigoted country. Nothing has changed and that light coat of whitewash that we put on her a couple of years ago has faded in spots and has been vigorously scrubbed away in others.

America does hate anyone that is not white and that is not part of their racist and their religious system.

For all of you Americans that may feel offended by these words stop for a second and really think about the country you live in. Even if you think that you are exempt because of your station or where you live, ask yourself how much that would change by just walking into a different zip code.

We have to face the truth. We have lied to ourselves long enough. Nobody was buying the lie anyway. Other countries have always known the truth. America has always been the racist bigoted Emperor that had no clothes.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
well, look at how america was founded. by the killing of millions of native americans who had never even seen a white man before and had no idea what they were in for.

america has always been a slimy and corrupt country.. no matter how many good things we have accomplished, there are usually more bad things to outweigh the good.

its very sad. america is full of some of the worst people alive, but they are good at lying and being fake. other countries might look evil, but at least they are upfront with their brutality. americans? nah, we can be as evil as they come, but we are very very good at hiding it.

just like how the "perfect families" are usually the most messed up. same goes for us americans!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You dont need to be military to not dislike people because of their color, race, religion and culture. You just need to have common sense. And friends from different cultures.

But Im not American so I cant say how your culture affects people. I know that in the 80's, my country had lots of problems with racism as well. We didnt like black people. But now its nothing strange anymore. I dont even think about skin color when I meet people anymore.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

You dont need to be military to not dislike people because of their color, race, religion and culture. You just need to have common sense. And friends from different cultures.

agreed. i was lucky enough to move around a lot as a child and see different cultures and meet all types of people. it allowed my mind to grow as well and become an accepting person of all races. had i not grown up that way.. im not sure i would be the same person and feel the same way.

+23 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Wow!
That's a pretty nice troll post ya got there! Bait much?

I mean, come on, you're painting a HUGE hasty generalization with an even bigger brush!
America is a racist and bigoted country??? Really??? Compared to... Whom??? Israel or South Africa??? We have very lax immigration, we have equal protection clauses and we have thousands of integrated communities and schools all over the country and you spew this nonsense - really??? I have to "press 1 for English". We print all of our government documents in multiple languages. We even provide education in Spanish.

No, we are not bigoted or racist. We simply want to hold true to our traditions and roots. If you elect to come here you should assimilate. If I moved to Japan I would expect to have to do the same. Sure there are bigoted and racist people IN an America, just as everywhere - look at the Taliban - but that doesn't make the country racist.

And before you start giving me some BS nonsense about my zip code - I have travelled to every state in the union more than a dozen times and have met people of all walks of life. Oh, and by the way, my zip code... 53% white, 38% African American, 7% Hispanic, 2% other and we have one of the best communities!

You apparently have an axe to grind - perhaps some skeletons in your own closet. But don't you dare start calling us "Racists and Bigots" - it is unfounded and unjustified!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
whatever

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Remixtup]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Remixtup
My god.....if were so nasty, evil, and hate filled, then why do our citizens contribute more money to charity around the world than all others combined?

If this is truly your view, then I want you to leave. Not tomorrow,

NOW

there is no reason for you to be here, you are doing nothing to solve these

problems. bitch and moan. america is evil. yep we are. take your 50

meaningless years and shove em up your ass

thats actually not true. america doesnt contribute the most money. many other countries contribute much more than we do.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

show me proof....and ill show you mine

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

well, look at how america was founded. by the killing of millions of native americans who had never even seen a white man before and had no idea what they were in for.

Don't forget the Indians that killed the white man for no reason really. It was a two way street.

Didn't know what they were in for since they'd never seen a white man, eh? So, are white people evil?

america has always been a slimy and corrupt country.. no matter how many good things we have accomplished, there are usually more bad things to outweigh the good.

Oh yeah? If America is so bad, you're welcome to go to a better country that hasn't ever done anything bad and is a Utopian paradise.

its very sad. america is full of some of the worst people alive, but they are good at lying and being fake.

I think that Europe beats America in the being fake department. It think that the ratio of good to bad people is worse in many other countries.

americans? nah, we can be as evil as they come, but we are very very good at hiding it.

That's human nature to hide the bad things that we do. Not just an American thing. Did you not hear about that Austrian guy a couple years back?

just like how the "perfect families" are usually the most messed up.

Do you know that for sure, or are you stereotyping a little bit?

same goes for us americans!

It saddens me that you would hate, and rip on your countrymen so much. No, America isn't perfect. But neither is any country. Every country has it's down moments, it's evil people, and it's flaws. That's not a reason to berate a nation though.

Many people have a tendency to think that America is the center of the world and only think about America's interests in things. I think that this is an example of someone still putting America in the center of the world, but in a bad way. No other country can be as evil as America. How funny.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Remixtup
My god.....if were so nasty, evil, and hate filled, then why do our citizens contribute more money to charity around the world than all others combined?

I think the real charity now are your citizens due to you economic crisis there...makes you wish you didn't contribute all that money.

Kind of ironic. The "Biggest Charity Giver" is now the charity case.

And that's the problem with the US, not all of them, just anywhere South. We're racism still somehow has pull (ie The Tea Party and there babbling of Obama and the health reform). These people seem to be extremely uneducated and figure that screaming and yelling will get their point across, when all it does is prove the stereotype, that Southerners ruined the USA.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

thats actually not true. america doesnt contribute the most money. many other countries contribute much more than we do.

No it's definitely America, by a long shot.

Maybe you should settle down and try to see how average America really is.

ETA: I remember seeing on the news before Bush left office, that the African nations honored him rather well because of how the US was the nation in the world that had given AIDS ridden African nations that most in government aid and charitable giving.

[edit on 9/13/2009 by octotom]

link   
Got to love these "Blame America 1st" posts.

Didn't we just elect the first half black President?

But I guess since he is an epic failure, we shouldn't blame him, but blame the people as a whole who elected this former community organizer.

Are we racist because we elected him, or are we racist because he is a failure?

link   
Blazeh, Blazeh, Blazeh.

Every country in the entire world was founded because of conquest. America is no different than any other country, and we are no more evil than any other country, upfront about it or not upfront about it. If there was another super power they would be doing the same thing that we are doing.

What is going on in America happens in every country, politicians and big corps are corrupt and they will always work in collusion for profits and not the peoples best interests.

Go move to any other country in the world you will have the same problems that happen in America, and in fact the problems are only getting worse here, because people can't mind their own business. Instead they would rather try to interject their morals upon everybody else, so they keep electing big government politicians.

The same people complaining about these problems are the same people that are just as guilty as allowing them to happen in the first place.

And yes, America donates more money to charity than any other country in the world, we have the highest GDP that is why when you it in chart form it doesn't look like much, but the total amount of money is the highest.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

well funny you suggest that, since i AM moving to india once i get enough money together.

im sorry, but ive lived all over this country and the op is right. many americans are pittiful. if you dont agree, you are more than welcome to your opinion. as am i.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Got to respect India! Any country that thinks Global Warming is bunk has my respect.

Good Luck to you on that!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12

Originally posted by Copernicus

agreed. i was lucky enough to move around a lot as a child and see different cultures and meet all types of people. it allowed my mind to grow as well and become an accepting person of all races. had i not grown up that way.. im not sure i would be the same person and feel the same way.

This is a prime example of what we have in the White House. If you disagree with the way a culture treats other cultures or even their own you are a racist and your mind is closed.

I don't have a particular problem with any race. I just hate people that don't want to work for a living and expect me to pay their way. I suspect this is what you mean by your mind growing huh?

I have a problem with 30 million uninsured in this country that the other 270 million have to change for. I have a problem with a whole segment of our society that lives on the backs of their fellow citizens.

My mind is closed to intellectual laziness and that is what you are exhibiting here... If America is so sick then move to China and live among your own kind. Or just get a job like the rest of us and work for a living.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I am so overwhelmed by the love and honesty coming from this post that I am almost speechless.

I think we all need to move to this wonderful utopia that is spoken of here.

Wonder if there is room for all of us.

No, we are not bigoted or racist. [/]We simply want to hold true to our traditions and roots. If you elect to come here you should assimilate. [\u]If I moved to Japan I would expect to have to do the same. Sure there are bigoted and racist people IN an America, just as everywhere - look at the Taliban - but that doesn't make the country racist.

I guess if you don't assimilate though you are fair game because you have no right to bring your religious beliefs and culture into America.

I guess that is why all Americans follow the traditional ways.

I guess I could write a post about other countries and how they treat their citizens and the history of racism and bigotry but I live in
America and this post is about America.

For someone that is as well traveled as you say you are, your lack of observation of the truth speaks to either a sense of entitlement and complacency or blindness.

I used to think a lot like you but you are right. I was forced to face the truth about the country that I love.

link   
Stand down Calihan. I have exceeded your life span by one decade and 2 years.

Please elaborate concerning where you get the idea how bad we Americans are.

I have worked in many countries and find Americans to not be nearly as bad as in many other countries.

I was not in a military family but we had a military base in our town. The military brats were the worst students in school. They seemed confused and egotistical.

I'm thankful my Dad was a veteran of WW2 and got out of the service when the war ended.

link   
Many countries have there evils as does the US.

However the US is the only country that, nearly on a constant basis, tells the world how great they are, and that's a little obnoxious. And I know it is, because if you worked in an office and some guy came in every day and yelled "I'M THE GREATEST F'er HERE, AND THE REST OF YOU WOULD DIE WITHOUT ME!" I can guarantee that you would have killed him by the end of the week.

Another peev is Americans who say their country's the greatest yet they've never left the US, how freaking dumb is that?

There's my two cents.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I never meant to imply that you weren't entitled to your opinion. I simply think that your opinion is sensationalistic as well as unrealistic.

If I may ask, why are "many Americans pitiful" in your opinion?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join