learn more

The Great Awakening

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
S+F.

The effort, ideas and positivity that went into your thread is truly special and enlightening.

I think this should be stickied so it's not forgotten.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Thank You for such a conscious effort and heart-centered intelligent vision.

To be honest, I have not absorbed all the data, but have clipped the whole into a 32 page document so I can absorb it off line. Some day I would like to find time to discuss with the author. A busy work day prohibits more time.

Many areas of your post deserve thoughtful consideration. Lacking quality time for that I can see from what I have read that these are important ideas. It is rare to see such cross discipline thinking with the current mostly unused knowledge of our species. This is what is needed to expand knowledge and survive our situation.

Applause, and appreciation for what I have read, and high interest in the rest. I'll get to it when my chains are off the clock.

Thank you again.

S/F & more thumbs up than are appropriate.

ZG

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
BTW, I worked with the scientists at NASA ALS Div. who where developing orbital crop growth systems for Mars transit food and learned much about these technologies in disseminating the data to Washington idiots so NASA could get funding. That was my job/contract. So I will try and add any data I have to that area of knowledge.

Much of the technology we need is here already. Anyone want to guess why it can't get traction?

Hint: Competition with existing agribusiness and super corporations who stand to loose everything if we stop using their poisonous products and methods.

(Peanut gallery leak.)

ZG

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Absolutely stunning mate.

Truly first class thread, and happens to encompass pretty much everything i had either mentally planned myself or dreamed of in my perfect world scenario. Or certainly variations on the themes you have presented anyway.

Really well done.

What can i do to help?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Hint: Competition with existing agribusiness and super corporations who stand to loose everything if we stop using their poisonous products and methods.

Boy do you have that correct!

The plans to make independent farming and home gardening here in the USA impossible would have been complete if I and other farmers had not been very vigilant. Unfortunately we are fighting a losing battle do to the apathy of consumers and the wilful blindness of liberal activists (Yes I am angry, who would not be when trying to warn of a comming Agri-Cartel orchestrated famine and being ignored)

Unfortunately as soon as you say "democratic President and Congress" the political activists are so busy patting themselves on the back and attacking anyone who speaks against "their party" they do not see how the Agri/Pharma Cartel slips stuff past them. For example President Clinton's WTO and NAFTA ratification The history of the plan for a world food monopoly by the food cartel is explained in my comment Here

The Agri/Pharma Cartel is not about to let the individual grow their own food. There is too much money and to much power for the banking/corporate cartel to allow it to slip through their fingers. Complete control of the World food supply would now be in the hands of the Agri/Pharma Cartel if a few individuals had not worked tirelessly to spread the truth. Political activist groups such as Organic Consumers aligned themselves with Monsanto! Why? because they are funded by the Rockefeller and other Robber Baron families.

True food safety means inspecting again. That means ending HACCP which caused the problems.

HR 875, HR 759, HR 814, HR 1332, SR 425 and SR 510 (and there may be more) create a giant new agency with massively intensified HACCP regulations, less inspections, foreign exemptions, surveillance of all Americans, government power over our homes, gardens, farms, and all run from out of the White House by Monsanto with power to impose up to a million dollar a day penalties and ten years in prison with no judicial review.

Yupfarming has articles detailing problems with the bills

The "existing agribusiness and super corporations" want Power, Control and Money. We are talking GREED here. I can trace the time-line of the "food safety bills" back decades.

Monsanto and Cargill were very much a part of Clinton's administration and helped push Congress into ratifying the WTO Agreement on Agriculture. Dan Amstutz (VP Cargill) wrote it, Mike Kantor (Monsanto) was USA trade rep to WTO and Robert Shapiro (CEO Monsanto) was Clinton's Chief foreign trade advisor.

This is the time-line just for seed and does not include livestock, a much bigger file. My livestock file also includes the turnover of "food safety inspection" to Corporations in 1996 (international HACCP regs) the resulting increase in food borne illness and the USDA cover-up.. If anyone wants that information I would be happy to dig it out and post it.

SEED Monopoly Time-line:

(note links are old and I have not checked them recently)

1961 PVP is the Plant Variety Protection: The International Union for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants: Gave seed companies a monopoly on only the commercial multiplication and the marketing of seeds. Farmers remained free to save seed from their own harvest to plant in the following year, and other breeders could freely use any variety, protected or not, to develop a new one. www.patentlens.net...

1980 the Supreme Court decision in Diamond v. Chakrabarthy, 447 U.S. 303 enabled living organisms to be patented www.wisbar.org...

1991 PVP monopoly is applied to seed multiplication and also to the harvest and sometimes the final product as well. Previously unlimited right of farmers to save seed for the following year's planting has been changed into an optional exception. Only if national government allows, can farm-saved seed still be used, and a royalty has to be paid to the seed company even for seeds grown on-farm.www.grain.org...

1995 WTO ratified: Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) introduction of intellectual property rules on plants, animals and seeds under WTO’s Agreement “could damage the livelihoods of these 1.4 billion farmers worldwide and undermine food sovereignty and food security ” Joint Communication from the African Group to the Council for Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (2003) www.fao.org...

May, 2003, the European Patent Office in Munich granted a patent to Monsanto with the number EP 445929, with the simple title "plants", even though plants are not patentable in European Law.www.countercurrents.org...
2005 To-2008, Monsanto has filed 90 lawsuits against American farmers; www.i-sis.org.uk...

June 2006 Global Diversity Treaty: Standard Material Transfer Agreement (SMTA) a standardized contract that will enable much easier access to crop diversity. [ germplasm for patenting] royalty payment (1.1% of sales) is paid only if product is unavailable for further breeding and research. funds will be devoted to conservation efforts. Translation: Bio-techs Corporations steal seed from third world farmers, patents it and pay money to Bioversity International www.bioversityinternational.org...

December 2006 “In the EU, there is now a list of 'official' vegetable varieties. Seed that is not on the list cannot be 'sold' to the 'public' To keep something on the list costs thousands of pounds each year...Hundreds of thousands of old heirloom varieties (the results of about eleven thousand years of plant breeding by our ancestors) are being lost forever .www.defra.gov.uk... & www.realseeds.co.uk... & www.euroseeds.org...

Feb 2007 GRAIN press release USA: Seed companies want to ban farm-saved seeds
A new report from GRAIN reveals the new lobbying offensive from the global seed industry to make it a crime for farmers to save seeds for the next year's planting. See History atwww.gmfreeireland.org...

FAO is supporting harmonization of seed rules and regulations in Africa and Central Asia in order to stimulate the development of a vibrant seed industry...An effective seed regulation harmonization process involves dialogue amongst all relevant stakeholders from both private and public sectors. Seed quality assurance, variety release, plant variety protection, biosafety, plant quarantine and phytosanitary issues are among the major technical areas of a regional harmonized seed system. The key to a successful seed regulation harmonization is a strong political will of the governments involved www.fao.org...

[edit on 14-9-2009 by crimvelvet]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wonderful greetings, coming from someone who grows part of its food, and is always looking for this kind of solutions. Go forward!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by segurelha

Wonderful greetings, coming from someone who grows part of its food, and is always looking for this kind of solutions. Go forward!

I strongly suggest you checkout Yupfarming and Farm to Consumer if you have any intentions of growing food (gardening) in the future. The "food officials" has no problem holding women and children at gunpoint.

The Ohio Department of Agriculture along with local authorities raided a family’s home and confiscated their food supplies.

The family runs a small food co-op for friends and neighbors. Police officers used SWAT tactics to burst into the families home and held the them at gun point. They held the family members including the children at gunpoint and confiscated their personal food supply and property. offgridsurvival.com...

video interview included

Ohio AG Dept. & State’s Top Cop Sued for Food Co-Op Raid
It’s been over a month since a team of 10, heavily armed sheriff deputies, at the behest of county and state agencies, conducted an aggressive mid-day, search-and-seize raid of the home of John and Jacqueline Stowers, owners of an organic food co-op called Manna Storehouse in LaGrange, Ohio -- and tore their world apart.

The couple has not yet been charged with a crime, but they don’t have to wait to become defendants in a trial -- they’re the plaintiffs in a court action launched by two advocacy groups on their behalf. www.farmtoconsumer.org...

Pennsylvania Pie Fight: State Cracks Down on Baked Goods

On the first Friday of Lent, an elderly female parishioner of St. Cecilia Catholic Church began unwrapping pies at the church. That's when the trouble started.

A state inspector, there for an annual checkup on the church's kitchen, spied the desserts....

The disappearance of Mary Pratte's coconut-cream pie, Louise Humbert's raisin pie and Marge Murtha's "farm apple" pie from the fish-fry fund-raisers sparked an uproar that spread far beyond the small parish. The local paper dubbed it "piegate,"
online.wsj.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I love that big very big article. He really knows his stuff and has done his research.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

The fact that this awesome potential has so far only been used to spread private emails from colleagues and pictures of kids pretending to be Sith lords in basements is irrelavent

I haven't spat beverage on my monitor and keyboard in a LOOOONG time man, that single picture and the corresponding commentary ended that streak. What a great thread.
The great awakening wouldn't be complete though without thorough introspection and an intimate understanding of the very basis and foundations of our class based system as well, unfortunately that is still the great taboo here at ATS and you will need a RATS subscription to see it, but I would be interested in your take on this thread HiAliens.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
my hope is that the masses do awake. and actually function independently. right now , though, they are all freeing themselves subconsciously. which is cool. and valid. i wonder though, how much free will from a philosophical standpoint they deserve, what with being sheople and all. they are not becoming free consciously. but who cares if it's their subconscious minds when it's freedom that they are getting? i do. for one. i care. because how the hell do i communicate with anyone anymore ? subconsciously free people are still sheople. sp? sorry about sp

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Our host has outlined most of the positive potentials and the negative inhibitors in our civilization currently. There is much, much more to the nature of this, so remember we are still dealing with generalizations even in this long document. Some details, or glossed over elements can change the picture significantly too.

We are also working against our own future with our attitudes, behavior and character flaws. These are not being dealt with. They are exploited by the power structures we can challenge with our knowledge and determination

One of the most fundamental foundations to such a needed change has not been mentioned as it should, its importance might be fundamental to all that is in the discussion.

Education.

Any farmer knows, you need to preserve a portion of your crop for seed for the next season. Even more sophisticated management of a farm keeps the quality of that crops seeds to make for a better genome and viability for the next generation of food plants. We have taken our seed and used it for feeding the fat and now we will not have what we need for a strong crop next season. The seed I speak of are the most precious gems of our tomorrow. Our children. Educate them or loose the future.

Without education we will not have the people to manage all the technology and programs we need now. Also the attitudes of positive creative and proactive action.

Without education we have a clear view of the end of our civilization.

Entropy happens.

ZG

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
First I'd like to say to the OP I only quickly skimmed through what one might call a wall of text. You seem to be entertained by your own writing ability and intelligence. Nothing unusual. However, one of the big focuses of this thread is to spread information yet you use word upon word that your average even smart person wouldn't understand. Alot of people consider memorizing words, mathematics, lessons etc as being 'smart' but I think someone who is genuinely intelligent relealizes knowing thousands of words and the capital of every country simply reflects good memory and not actual intelectual ability. In other words anybody with out some kind of mental deficit (getting less common daily) could go through high school getting straight A's. A genious could go through high school and fail classes reptetitavely. Is it good to have a thesis of some-what vague ideas littered with big words? Absolutely. However, its better to have a thread that just simply gets information out to people in a simple and direct way which also provides plausible and probable ideas. What I'm trying to say is people need focus more on whats going in this world as a whole and really just stop and think about things for a second. Do you really think theres even one aspect of the foundation which runs this planet that isn't entirely regulated? Do you really think humans are the only people you see on a day to day basis?

[edit on 15-9-2009 by On Point]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

i wonder though, how much free will from a philosophical standpoint they deserve, what with being sheople and all.

how much free will do you deserve?
think carefully.

someone asked me once--if we judge the angels, what will you say when it's time to judge satan? jesus says to forgive. i intend to. who is cast in the lake of fire but the accuser. who is the accuser? he who accuses because he refuses to forgive. so perceiving the trap, i easily side step by the simple process of taking very good advice. "forgive." to do that, i need free will. sorry to say it, but can't get forgiveness out of a robot.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Regarding the Atmospheric Condensers for Water Pellevoisin mentions...

An Air Conditioner with a sealed/filtered water storage tank, wired to a Solar Array and/or Wind Turbine with a combination switching mass Capacitance/Lithium Ion Battery storage recharging system, would be my low cost alternative addition...add in a converter for low voltage DC to high voltage AC and you would have a power storage system for use in between water condensation to use for led lighting or other minimal power applications...

[edit on 9/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

i thought this car idea was good. they are supposedly already mass manufacturing these in india.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
mhmmmm this thread is great
im only about 2/3 done tho gotta go back to school
looking forward to reading the rest
star n flagg

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I saw a documentary about solutions for society, and they talked about a project of Atmospheric Water Generator that had a big panel or something, and i can't find this anymore. I think i saw this on Discovery Channel.
Does anyone knows about this?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What a fantastic, beautiful and reasonable thread you have concocted!
This is friggin' brilliant. Period. I have shared many of the same thoughts
as you particularly about the decentralization and food and water
sovereignty. Yes, the 'system' is in the way of real progress and a
battle must be waged to deprogram many who believe that our
current way of living is the only choice we have.

You do realize that everything you point out is in direct opposition
to what American government and the UN have in mind for us. What
you are advocating is real freedom, true liberty and a future without
fear - everything they don't want us to have!

I do feel that there is a great awakening going on and we should all
do our part to contribute in whatever manner best suits our particular
talents. We may have been created equal but life had made us different
and thank God for it. Our diversity is our salvation if we use it for a
future with a universal perspective.

Thank you HiAlien, you have made a wonderful contribution with this
thread - a precious tool to enable us all to stand together in creating
a better world. We better all get busy, there is much work to be done.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
S+F! Wonderful reading, I will be sending this out to everyone I know!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Interesting. Thanks for posting. Gives me a lot of stuff to read while sitting bored out of my mind at work.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join